Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/21 15:10:38 )

@Wildfire: I'm curious one what alarms do you normally get there for? My guess would be tornadoes but where I'm from we don't need those sort of emergency alarms since we mostly dealing with snowstorms or blizzards. Had a few tornado alarms tho but the chance of them landing here are veeery slim

Awe was it important? At least you got the well deserve nap.

@Totalanimefan: Yeah that would be very annoying. Before I moved to Canada I often gotten sick around those times. Then again I was born on a very tropical island xD

Now I often get sick when the season changes...

Donator — She/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/21 15:43:37 )

@Purpsy: I was also born in the tropics! I know about those summer colds and how much they suck!
I do mind myself more likely to get sick in Sept and I often used to in either Dec or Jan. :/
Last Sept I got a chest infection that turned into a bad ear infection and it was not good. I had to get on the plane more and my eyes hurt so badly. I couldn't hear out of one ear for like 12 hours and I went to the Dr. I was ok like 10 days later but it was really rough.

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/21 17:10:58 )
@Totalanimefan: Because the "alert" disappeared from my phone before my eyes could even focus enough to read it, I actually got up and tried finding what it was online and couldn't find anything, anywhere. I checked the weather for advisories & saw nothing. I checked the radar for freak storms. Nothing. I didn't hear anything or see anything going on outside. I checked social media to see if there was anything posted there. Nothing at that point. So what can you do at that point? /shrug/

Donator — She/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/21 17:18:24 )

@Wildfire: True. I guess just not go back to sleep.
I meant if I was the worker that issued the alert I would have checked 10 times over before I sent it.

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/21 17:18:48 )
@Purpsy: These alerts usually include hurricane warnings and watches, sometimes severe thunderstorms and potential tornadoes from the storms (it happens here, but not very often), child abductions, senile & at-risk seniors wandering away from home (or driving), water and watercraft advisories... that kind of thing.

No, the appointment was purely personal. I found some old-school photographic slides of a couple graphite still-life drawings I did waaaay back when and which I no longer have the originals (all I have are these old slides *sigh*). I'm trying to get somebody to scan the slides and then make prints of these drawings...

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/21 17:20:23 )
@Totalanimefan: No... by that point I was wide awake and ticked off, tbh... despite only just having fallen asleep a couple hours previously.

Yeah, you n' me both. But it seems very few people are that detail oriented these days, unfortunately...

Donator — She/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/21 17:24:43 )

@Wildfire: I also would have been unable to fall back asleep. Once something wakes me up in the morning, I'm awake. It's a curse and a blessing lol
Agreed. I always thought that it was normal, and be being detail oriented was just something everyone did, and then I got into the office workplace lol

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/21 17:30:26 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah. For me, it depends on what woke me up and how much sleep I've had... I think. I dunno. My sleep has been weird the last couple of years. But this -with that annoying as hell alarm noise- definitely woke me up. There was no going back to sleep... especially after trying to research wtf it was about. XD

... oh no... it's absolutely amazing what a lot of people let slide. I don't understand how that even happens, tbh...

Donator — She/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/21 18:39:23 )

@Wildfire: Yes if you are awoken in a panic there is no help for trying to fall back asleep lol
Happened to be when the fire alarm went off twice in my building in 2020. Needed meds lol

Agreed. It's kinda weird to me. Like don't you want your work to look professional ? Like I do make mistakes from time to time, but overall my work is uniform and professional looking.

Donator — She/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/21 18:40:07 )

Slow day a work so I got a shower in, in the morning and cleaned the kitchen just now. I'm feeling pretty accomplished :)

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/21 18:59:55 )
@Totalanimefan: ditto... and ditto. And I know not everyone has the same attention span, basic intellect, etc., but there are ways to work with those things (especially these days) and still be thorough and professional... /shrug/ I dunno...

Are you working from home? I don't recall if you've mentioned that or not before. Regardless, I'm glad to hear you're having a pretty good day! :3 <3

I am pulling apart a shelving unit and trying to organize/reorganize/declutter and I'm at the point where my brain is about to burst from trying to make all the necessary decisions on books, supplies, nostalgia/keepsakes, organizing, etc. I have a new box of sell/donate books now and the shelf is cleared (except for the top shelf which now houses books on languages (English, French, Italian, Spanish, Mandarin - "learning" tools/books, as well as literature, dictionaries, thesauri, other references), but it doesn't feel like I've accomplished much, tbh. I wanted more to be in the donate/sell box from this little project, but I think I've already donated or sold all the "easy" options XD Also, I have a lot of Shakespeare... XD

Donator — She/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/21 19:39:40 )

@Wildfire: Yeah that's true. Some people's eyes just glaze over, but you also gotta make an effort when it's for work.

You need a break where you don't have to think about anything for a little while. That's a lot on your brain. I have 1.5 hours of work left on a Friday and I'm sooo ready for it to be over and for it to be the weekend!

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/21 21:45:16 )
@Totalanimefan: ... yup... took a break, killed some monsters (video game). I'm kinda ready for the "weekend" to be here too actually, although for me that usually means being busier than usual because other people are now out of work and tend to kidnap me (which is not a bad thing).

Do you have plans for the weekend that you're looking forward to? Or are you just ready for it to be the end of the work day?

Donator — She/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/21 21:50:22 )

@Wildfire: I made a weekend thread there I talked about it, but TL;DR a new video game, a facial, and organizing my sister's future room here

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/21 23:30:55 )
@Totalanimefan: it sounds like you have a lot going on ATM! I'll take a look at your weekend thread when I get a chance (I've only been popping in here n' there today, so haven't really looked at the forums overall)

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/22 13:38:06 )
Good morning!

Donator — She/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/22 13:48:04 )

@Wildfire: no pressure. I know you are busy irl too.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/22 13:51:47 )
@Totalanimefan: lol - yeah, there's that. I looked at your weekend thread and just chose not to comment right now (but it looks like a good thread)... my current priority is getting myself suitably caffeinated for the day, and the brain hasn't quite figured out it's awake (or supposed to be awake) yet and I'm not sure what I'd post there in my current state XD

Why is your sister coming to live with you? Are you excited?

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/23 11:37:20 )
............. good morning to whomever pops by!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/23 15:51:12 )

@Wildfire: Ah I see, do you get notified by an alarm on your devices then? Mine is just pure notifications but some places have sirens and such.
Awe well I suppose you can jus reschedule those then hopefully did you get enough sleep now?

My weekend was me consistently napping a lot and staying in bed. I wasn't particularly sick but not too energetic since I kept waking up several times at night because of my itchy throat, which is a lot better now.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.