Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — She/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/18 20:59:45 )

@Wildfire: Yes it does. I did also have an umbrella with me cause it was hot, but it wasn't enough to save someone as pale as me lol
I hope my husband learned his lesson about wearing sunscreen cause I can't get him to wear it if it's under 7. Even though he knows how it works. He's like well I've only burned in places like Florida and Greece in the summer. (That was before going out on Sunday lol).
How's your week been?

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/18 21:20:35 )
@Totalanimefan: He doesn't have to wear it (I usually don't), but he should have coverup clothing available (and use it!!) if he's out for very long. LOL... yeah, the pale. It hurts. XD ... which is why I was out in shorts and a tank, sitting in the sun for an hour or so earlier today... just to re-acclimate and build a little bit of a base after being sun/skin-deprived for a couple months :3 Plus, vitamin D. :3 And the dogs sat out there with me, loving every moment of it :3

My week is ok, thanks. I didn't have to appear for the Jury Duty summons I received, so that was nice (in that I didn't have to wake up & get moving earlier than usual, deal with rush hour traffic, etc., then be bored for however long on the off-chance I'd be called to interview). Otherwise, I've been playing with various trip ideas... to see my son in the midWest, to go... who knows... somewhere.

You?

Donator — She/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/18 21:53:54 )

@Wildfire: Depending on the time of day he and I would be ok with an hour. But it was from 10:30 to 6pm haha

Oh that's nice. Good that you didn't have to go. It would be cool to go and see him. Maybe you can go after it becomes summer in FL but the weather is still nice up there? haha

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/18 23:03:02 )
@Totalanimefan: LOL... yeah. There's NO WAY I'm visiting him at anything other than the dead of summer - it was still snowing there last week (and for all I know, it has snowed since)!!! XD @_@

... and yeah... and hour or maybe two is one thing. All day, in the middle of the day, is quite another. Again - some protection, of some kind, is pretty necessary. We've come a long, long way from slathering on the baby oil and sitting on the beach from sun-up to sunset!! XD

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/19 13:00:08 )
Good morning everyone!
How are we doing today?
What are we doing today?

Donator — She/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/19 16:44:55 )

@Wildfire: As a kid, when I learned that older gens would sit out with baby oil and those metal sheets, I honestly thought that they were crazy. Like, did they like getting sunburn? I avoid it!
I saw that it was snowing in the middle of the country this week. That's just crazy to me. It's been nothing in 70's and 80's here still. It's making my brain think one of two things, it's June right now, or I'm in FL right now lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/19 16:45:14 )

3 hours of meetings today, I know that's not a lot compared to others, but it is to me lol

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/20 12:35:09 )
@Totalanimefan: LOL - I saw people doing it way back when. I never understood it, even then, in that environment (but again, I'm pale & if I "tan" at all, it's barely the shade of a (light) freckle XD ). The folks that did that essentially turned their skin in to leather. It was horrible... in so many ways.

It has been 70°s-80°s here this last week or so... gorgeous and "cool" for us, but far too warm for the Northeast at this time of year!

... stupid emergency alert system woke me up at 4:47am... for a freaking TEST. I am not a happy camper ATM... particularly since I didn't really fall asleep until at least 2:30 or so. /grumbles/

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/20 12:40:56 )

Well... I was sick for the past two days but I'm 96% recovered now o/
Just partially lost my voice and have an annoying itchy throat

I think I'm well enough to get some things done around my home now or have my morning cup of

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/20 13:29:07 )
@Purpsy: I'm glad you're feeling better!! :3

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/20 14:47:02 )

@Wildfire: Ty ty my throat was dying :3
How are you today?

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/20 15:20:16 )
@Purpsy: that's never a fun feeling. Glad you're feeling better now :3

I'm TIRED today and wondering if I'll make my appointment this afternoon (45 minutes away) because of lack of sleep. I only fell asleep at about 2:30 or so, to be woken up by an "emergency alert" on my phone at 4:47am... which turned out to be a TEST of the system. So, I'm tired, and cranky...

Donator — She/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/20 18:26:44 )

@Wildfire: Yeah that leathery skin is a look I don't want to have lol. I'm also very pale with my Irish and German heritage lol. My British husband is tanner! lol. Oh also it's going to be near 90 today and 89 or 90 tomorrow....what the heck, where am I living?
I saw that emergency thing on reddit today. That must have really sucked! I don't go back to sleep when I'm woken up in the morning. I can't believe they freaking had that test so early. Are they crazy?

Donator — She/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/20 18:27:12 )

@Purpsy: I'm glad you are feeling better!

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/20 20:32:04 )
@Totalanimefan: Apparently the test was an "accident"... it was supposed to be on TV and not come through the phones. The voicemail for the Fl. Assoc. of Broadcasters was full as of early this morning, and social media accounts for them & Fl. Dept. of Emergency Management were covered in complaints/comments. I know because I tried calling, and I posted on their FB. Despite their attempt at "oops, it was a mistake", it looks like it was intentional according to the schedule for emergency testing that has been posted. But yeah... I was -am not!- a happy camper about that flub. I rescheduled some plans I had this afternoon because of being woken up with that stupid thing (and I'm glad I did) - I just didn't think it was a good idea to be driving across the county on 2 hours of sleep... along with everyone else who was woken rudely and earlier than expected... but not everyone has that option with their schedules and responsibilities. And, I shut the stupid thing off completely now (it was set for "severe/immediate life-threatening" warnings only... which this test definitely was not...)

ANYway... yeah... my ancestry hails partly from England... and from the rest of the mix, I definitely got the "lighter" genes...

According to Wunderground, it's 86°F here today... but, as you know, that's still "cool" because the humidity hasn't kicked in yet. Why the heck is DC warmer than central FL in mid-April?? o_0 If I remember correctly, it's supposed to be... like 50 or 60°F there about now!

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/20 20:49:12 )

@Wildfire: Oh no :(
Is for good intentions but I'll be hella annoyed in your place as well. I hope you get at least a short nap later maybe after your appointment.

@totalanimefan: Thanks ^^
I'm glad and hope this is the last of this at least when fall arrives. The changing seasons can be such a pain to deal with.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — She/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/20 21:56:18 )

@Purpsy: being sick over the summer when it’s hot out is awful. It makes you feel like you are gonna pass out.

@Wildfire: yes it should not be warmer here and yes it is supposed to be in the 50’s and 60’s around now. We are running on average something like 8-10 degree above average for the month.
I saw that too but still bro like how do you mess that up!! You gotta double check your work before it goes out lol

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/21 13:51:02 )
@Purpsy: Yes, the overall intentions are good, but I had already limited the number of notifications to the "truly and immediately scary" ones because of how many seem to be sent out and how often... and then they flub a test at 4:45am. I shut it off. Maybe I'll turn it back on once they work out some kinks and we're in the middle of weather that might actually be life threatening.

I canceled my mid-afternoon appointment because of the lack of sleep, and it's a good thing because right about the time I would have been in the middle of it, I ended up falling asleep on the couch and taking a 30 minute nap. :3

So how are you? What are you working on these days?

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/21 13:55:48 )
@Totalanimefan: ... in the meantime, it's still snowing in the midWest... XD Let's hope the weather evens out a bit over the next week or so... before the truly hot summer temperatures start making an appearance (which are never any fun but can be downright deadly in your area due to the general lack of air conditioning; although I imagine that's starting to change...)

Yeah...at the very least, somebody didn't double-check their work and managed to get most of Florida really mad at them! XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/04/21 14:33:47 )

@Wildfire: I saw that. I think that's crazy that it's snowing in the mid-west and then 90 here. I don't live that far away from there, maybe like 1.5 hours on a plane.
I would like to experience some spring temps before it's summer. I love summer, but also spring up here is very beautiful! I'm lucky that I live in a new building with AC, but not everyone has AC.

I'm the type of person where I would have checked like 10 times over just to make sure. Too much anxiety not to lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.