Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — she/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/7 04:39:08 )

sorry yall. i'm so bad at replying back ^^;

@Totalanimefan: Yep. all the shitty customer service jobs working for those big corps. The places i've worked at had semi-terrible management or changed to terrible management. And of course, with shitty pay. The amount of work i did while working at the movie theater was definitely not worth the pay even after i got promoted to supervisor. But then again, i was still working part-time. I even heard from one of the managers that starting pay for manager wasn't great either. Yikes!

Starting a new job is gonna be a struggle at first. But after you get used to it, you get a routine down! But I'm happy to hear you're doing well!

And thank you! Just getting the groove of lineart again.

@Ruby: Thanks! I'm finally using for monitor tablet as it was intended for and not just as a second monitor when gaming hahah

@Lotus: Hey Lotus! And thank you! Slow progress but gonna try and get my motivation for drawing back! i want to draw more art this year after being in a slump for nearly a year! ; o;

@GoblinsAndTea: That's alright! I'm just updating so it doesn't seem like i ghosted or anything which not what i intend!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/7 14:29:26 )

@Valefor: Yeah I remember when I was promoted and I had the reasonability of opening the shop and holding a key and all of that. But the pay was only $9 an hour (this was 2013/2014) Like that was not worth the $1 an hour raise. But I needed the money so I did it. It SUCKED!
Thank you. I feel like I'm getting better at it every day. Although I do find that now I'm thinking more about work outside work hours and I don't want to do that. In the past I would dread Sundays cause all I could think about was work on Monday. I'm not at that level now and working from home also helps with Monday's stress levels.

Line art is so pretty I think. It's nice to see all the clean lines.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/10 11:09:51 )
Definitely going to have to pay attention when you open another slot. Your are is wonderful! .

Donator — she/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/11 06:10:23 )

@GoblinsAndTea: Apologies for another ping lol. but finished the lineart and base colors. just another wip for ya. lemme know if i need to change anything! c:

@Totalanimefan: Yea, even when the raise wasn't worth the job. But when you need the money, you have to stick with it. :(

haha, i know that feeling! sometimes you can't help but think about work outside of work.

@Mandy Amour: Thank you! That means a lot to me!

Donator — He/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/11 10:41:26 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Valefor: It looks fantastic :^D

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/11 15:58:32 )

@Valefor: Amen. I was soo poor back then. I was just out of college and my now husband couldn't work yet because he was waiting on his green card (and SS#). Can't work in the US without those. It sucked but I just put up with it until he was working again and then like a week later he was like you should quit so I did lol. Got another job as a hostess/busser for a local restaurant.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 02:29:41 )
@Valefor: You are most welcome! it is the truth! Your art is wonderful and the new line art you just posted too, looks amazing! ^-^ Are you considering bribe spots by chance? lol

Donator — she/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/19 04:23:20 )

@Totalanimefan: Thank goodness you were able to leave when you could!

@Mandy Amour: I haven't thought about bribe slots. I was thinking about opening another slot for sketches for those who don't wanna pay a lot for my colored bust haha

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/19 04:36:29 )
@Valefor: ooohh! As much as I do want a full color one, I have to say a slot for even a sketch would be awesome! Let me know when and if you decide on that, and how much! It's definitely something to tie people over until they can get into a slot!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/19 16:46:36 )

@Valefor: Yes. I was very sad to leave FL in 2015, but in hindsight, I'm so glad I did. I don't know if I could live there anymore and I love NOT working retail XD
How are you doing?

Donator — she/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/23 16:30:43 )

@Mandy Amour: yeaaai bought an iPad a few months ago and wanna get used to using procreate xD I love it so far but need more practice using the program and learning the shortcuts haha!
    So I’m probably gonna use the iPad to offer sketches!

But yea I wanna offer those after I finish this commission. c:

@Totalanimefan: oof Florida ^^; but yea I would t blame ya. If you enjoy living elsewhere, it’s probably better for you.

And I’m good. Just going through the usual work routine. I’ve been thinking about this for the past week or two, and kinda want to find a job that works from home. Or even partially work from home is fine by me. It’s not gonna be any time soon since I just started working full time but thinking about it lol

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/23 20:21:04 )
@Valefor: that would be awesome! Yu will have to let me know when those are available! I think those will go over well. I thought about opening my shop up again but I'm not sure, I haven't done them in so long and honestly I'd rather wait till I have better technology to use. Right now they just take WAY too long for one lol

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/24 19:14:07 )

@Valefor: Yeah I'm in DC now and LOVING it ^^ I have a good job here, there is so much to do, I live car-free, etc etc.
My job is 100% remote and I love that about my job! I think having a hybrid job is good too. It saves on commuting.

Donator — she/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/1 05:25:00 )

@GoblinsAndTea another update! I'm almost done. Just need to finish coloring the hair c:

@Mandy Amour: I think I'll offer sketches after i finish this current commission. need to use my ipad for more than just watching youtube hahah xD
    If you feel like waiting whenever you get better tech than yea. I think that's a valid decision especially if it will make your life a bit easier!

@Totalanimefan: dang, car free so you don't have to worry about gas all the time!
    Yea, hybrid would be great for me too. I'm...just so tired of having to interact with people most of my day as a job LOL. idk, i've been thinking about it lately and realize how much i would love to be able to work either 100% remotely or hybrid. I'm an introverted homebody and having to be social is soo tiring ; n; Not to mention, a lot of the patrons at my job are sooo damn needy and rude sometimes.

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/1 14:45:23 )

@Valefor: Yes. And I don't have to worry about a car payment, or insurance, or getting into an accident, or oil changes. XD I wish it was possible for more people in the US to live like this.
It would be great if you could get a job like that. Do you want to try and go for it? I'm cheering for you ^^

Donator — she/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/5 05:46:16 )

@GoblinsAndTea: Whooo! Finished your comm! Here's a watermarked version. If everything looks fine and doesn't need any fixes/changes just let me know, and I'll send you the full res non-watermarked version. c:

@Totalanimefan: Same! I live about 5 minutes to the nearest big city, but it's still not good enough for me. I would still need a car to travel from place to place since public transport isn't as great or extend to the suburbs area ^^;

I'm gonna keep looking for one. Prob not in the next year tho. I recently go promoted to full time so I don't want to leave just yet LOL

Donator — He/They Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/5 13:20:55 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Valefor: It looks absolutly amazing!! i love it!

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/5 15:10:45 )

@Valefor: Yeah I totally wish North America was better at that stuff.
Oh congrats on your promotion!! That's a big deal!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/5 21:21:40 )
*Looks at the artworks*
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator — she/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/6 00:51:46 )

@GoblinsAndTea: Thank you!!! I sent you a pm with the full res art. c:

@Totalanimefan: LOL speaking of transportation. So i work for the city and they sent out a survey asking opinions about how city staff felt about public transportation which i thought was such a coincidence xDD

Thanks! I'm happy with it! Gotta love earning more than when working part-time LOL. But these long hours LOL.

@Qiqi Agatha: o uo
    my slots are now open if you are interested LOL
(ง •̀_•́)ง

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.