Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What if you had a card deck of OCs...

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/3 23:24:44 )
@Kaderin triste:
Yeah, heck even I do that and I draw too lmao
if I had more time on my hands I would so love to make an art shop sort of thing out of this. But alas, full time job is sucking the life out of me XD

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/3 23:29:11 )
@Seo: It would be a pretty awesome art shop! I vaguely recall an artist on Gaia possibly something similar once. But that was like 10-ish years ago. And might not have actually been what I'm thinking of...

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/3 23:32:41 )
@Kaderin triste:
honestly i wouldn't be surprised. i miss gaia from about that long ago, when the art community was a lot more creative and booming haha
they did all sorts of fun things that inspired me.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/3 23:33:27 )
This is something I would absolutely love to do, and have been considering doing for a long while! I have a bunch of ocs related to different elements and such so I think it would be fun to create their card around it! <3
Find my illustrations here: https://twitter.com/Lydiachan22

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/3 23:38:06 )
@Lydiachan22:
do it doit
so I can build up more motivation to do it too :vanora_xd:
I have so many characters that I think this would be fun to do with. But... I have so many characters also

ama

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/3 23:40:09 )
@Seo: I loved a few art threads back then. Like there was one where the artist would draw the first 2 people to roll a certain number's avatars on a date. And I had several artist friends who I would buy from back then. The art forums there used to be so cool! I even got an AMAZING art freebie of a character that is still my go-to reference image.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/3 23:42:01 )
Having a deck of personalised trading cards would be awesome, especially if you have plenty of OCs to populate it with! I think about 'stats' and such for my characters often (have a game I'd eventually like to develop) but never really thought of making cards, and I only have a handful of "true" (in-depth, belong to a story, etc) characters anymore, but it's definitely something to kind of work towards.

As far as stats, I wouldn't even know where to begin with numbers. Probably something steep for health and attack/DPS ranges. The most fun part besides the art would be coming up with unique / witty effects.

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — Minya Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/4 01:35:34 )
I would need at least 8 decks of cards for all my characters. I just have so many.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/4 01:48:41 )
I'd start my own Yu-Gi-Oh/Cardcaptor Sakura ripoff anime tbh.

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/5 04:27:54 )
Lol, the idea does make me thing of those two.
It also makes me think of Neonmob, which is an art collecting site. It's not exclusive to OC characters, but I bet they could be made and produced on there.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.