Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 21:27:33 )

@JosieOpal: I could never be like him lol
Why are older men like this? Lol

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 21:28:25 )

@Alorrena: is it possible to go for a walk? That helps me when I’m bored. But I know it’s not always possible.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 22:07:49 )
@Totalanimefan: Tyi and i are going for a walk tonight, but he doesn't really like me going for a walk by myself. I guess this isn't the best neighborhood or something, and he says i don't have the survival skills for bad neighborhoods so he doesn't want me to go alone. And his knee has been really bothering him the last couple days, so i'm lucky we're going for a walk tonight. I'm not exactly bored, it's just my adhd has been really rough on me lately so it's difficult for me to keep doing the same things. And i already worked on my quilt today that's STILL not done, but it's almost there. I've got about 15-20 more lines to go (i'm just quilting straightish lines through it instead of having someone do some fancy quilting for me with a long arm sewing machine.) and then i have to trip the edges and make/add binding to it. I'll have it done by my anniversary, at least, but right now it's not keeping my attention.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/25 00:27:38 )

@Alorrena: I always loved going on a walk with a partner or a friend. It makes it fun and you get to talk about stuff (normally good)
That's pretty cool that you are making a quilt! I've never done something like that, but my dad has one that my grandma made before she passed.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/25 19:49:14 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I also like going on walks, just not when it's super hot out.

Yeah, this is my first quilt, and it's... a project, for sure. I have learned that i don't enjoy quilting, but i like making quilt tops. Unfortunately, sending things out to be quilted can get pricey, so for now, i will be doing it myself. I've also learned that less is more in the case of quilting with a normal machine as far as enjoying myself goes lol So the next couple quilts i make will be quilted a lot faster because there will be less to actually quilt.

My grandma made me a quilt when i was younger, but it ended up getting holes because she used thinner fabric, rather than good quilting fabric. It also wasn't quilted and was just tied, so i'm sure that's part of it. She was new at making quilts and sewing wasn't her favorite hobby either.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/25 23:55:10 )

@Alorrena: This is the prefect time of year for walks in FL. I wish it was a nice time of year to go for a walk in DC too. I'm so ready for Spring.

How many hours to you think you have spent just on this quilt?

That's cool that you had one from here. It's too bad it didn't last. The one my grandma made in the 90's is still going strong. ^^

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 08:55:42 )
@Totalanimefan: It really is. This weekend is going to be really nice, if a little damp, but that's fine with me. It's going to be toasty next thursday, which is unfortunate, but at least a lot of epcot is air conditioned and the rides are all indoors save for part of test track.

oh man, i'm not sure. I busted out the quilt top in like.... probably 6-8 hours? And that's including washing and pressing the fabric. As far as the quilting process? If i had to estimate probably... 6 hours? maybe more. there was a lot of stopping to adjust the bulkiness and to refold/reroll it. It took me about 3 hours to pin baste it as well, but most of that is cause i didn't have a big enough table and had to get up and down a lot, and not to mention the many open and closing of the pins... my fingers were really sore after that, even with coming up with a sort of pin closing tool to protect my fingers (they make one, but i wasn't going to spend money on one lol)
So in total so far? i'd say approximately 15-16 hours. But quite possibly more. I have a hard time gaging time because i have adhd and when i start to hyperfixate, my already limited time awareness goes out the window. (that happens when i talk with my mom too lol)

yeah, i was pretty rough with it too, though, so i'm not super surprised. Honestly, looking back after doing my quilt, had she had it quilted it would have lasted a lot longer. quilting adds reinforcement to the (many) seams that you normally wouldn't think about.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 16:09:18 )
@Totalanimefan: honestly oi have no idea lmao. only thing i can think of is how they were raised. my dad was a middle child of 7 (i think) kids. and he had a pretty shit childhood. him and my aunt (who were both treated as the bad kids even though they had shit happen to them by their older siblings.) live no where near the family in a different state. but like the part of maine where they grew up was (and still is) extremely rural. im talking one road and its not always paved. so i think thats where his packrat-ness comes from.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 20:53:01 )

@JosieOpal: yeah I guess that could be the reason.
Happy Friday Eve.

@Alorrena: I just looked at the temps and it is going to be much warmer soon in FL. Probably won’t last that long since it’s still Jan.
It’s hard for me to gauge how long this take too but I think you laid it out pretty well. That’s a lot of hours that you put into it already. ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 20:53:36 )

Busy day at work for me today. I went from having like no work to do to having a ton!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/27 16:16:49 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm glad to hear that at least :) Poor kitty. I'm glad he's gonna be ok. I'm glad you had a good weekend too :) I'm gonna have a good weekend too. I'm friends with a local band in the area and I'm going to be hanging out with them on Sunday for band practice :) Super excited.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/27 17:32:19 )

@SorrowTheMad: Wow that's awesome! What do you play?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/28 00:34:55 )
@Totalanimefan: I don't play, although I can sing (somewhat lol). I just go to hang out with and support my friends. It's a lot of fun :) Everybody is super nice and welcoming, and I think having an ever-present fan helps morale for them.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/28 01:10:46 )

@SorrowTheMad: I love singing too. ^^
I think that’s great. I’m going on Tuesday to see a friend who is apart of a live show.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/28 02:42:11 )

Hello hello. Mind if I come in and help get to page 1000? xD
Hangout || Questing
Please ping me if I don't reply.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 18:04:40 )
@Totalanimefan: Nice! Enjoy that! :) I think I might start making tiktoks of myself singing, just for the fun of it. I'm not trained or anything. But it could be fun.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 20:11:24 )
** sits and waits for someone to come in and chat with me a little **

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 22:14:42 )
@Totalanimefan: hha thanks i had quiet a busy weekend, i hope you had a good one too
Josie's Occult Shoppe
Please Ping me

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/30 06:41:04 )
@Totalanimefan: today was a bit warmer than the last few days, but i wish the temps would have stayed cooler for another week. Though it's not going to be too too bad on Thursday with the high being like 83 (still too warm for me for january, but i digress.) so disney will be nice. I might even bring a light jacket or a small throw blanket in case it gets too chilly once the sun goes down. Depends on how windy it is that day.

Yeah, i have bad time blindness at times too, so sometimes it will feel like 5 minutes but it's been 20, or vice versa. I did finally finish the quilting, and all i have left is to make bias tape and cut off the excess fabric on the quilt, but i think i might need to buy new scissors first. I think my mother in law may have accidentally taken mine thinking they were hers after i left them on the counter several months ago. idk. if she did oh well, I probably needed new scissors anyways lol

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/30 06:41:32 )
@Mandy Amour: Hi Mandy! Good to see you!
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.