Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2022: Hide and Shriek! Voltra Police Department | Update Logs and Hangout (*NEW* Page Raffle)

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/27 14:19:49 )

@Wildfire: Oh cool! New tech toys are always fun, hehe.

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/27 14:23:24 )

I don't know who thinks a leafblower at 8 in the morning two days after Christmas is just a grand idea but I hope they get a rock in their shoe. >:[

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/27 16:19:58 )

@CooperationIsKey: oh shit. Could you use the vacuum so suck it out from where it’s stuck? Or if your roommate strong enough to move your bed?
I’m sure you guys are both gonna enjoy that dinner once you can ^^ Good that she is home and probably better now.

@Wildfire: that’s too cold in the house. Depending on the house I like to keep it in the low 70’s. In this apartment it’s good at staying warm so I can turn it down more. But the house I just sold was very cold and then wind came in through the floor and windows so I had to turn the heating on to a higher temp cause it would be freezing!

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/27 16:46:58 )

@Totalanimefan: Eh, it's okay, fortunately I remembered what time I last took the important one so was able to figure out when to take it next. Just annoying mostly, since that's the pad I do my grocery lists on! Lol. I'll get it eventually. And roommate does seem to be doing better, though she had trouble sleeping (but then again so did I; every time I try to settle down to sleep I start having a coughing fit).

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/27 17:50:40 )
@Totalanimefan: lol... yeah, it was a bit chilly in here. It's better now. I think the outside temps are starting to come up though - it's almost warm out there again! :3 And yes, a lot of what determines the thermostat settings is the house, like you said.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/27 20:09:26 )

@CooperationIsKey: that’s the worse part about being that kind of sick. I was the same way in Sept and I felt bad for my husband that had to hear it.

@Wildfire: now you and your fam can defrost lol
Today here we broke above freezing! Yay. We are gonna have weather whip last cause this weekend it’s going to be in the 60’s! I don’t know if I’ll be able to enjoy it tho cause it will be raining the whole time.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/28 00:11:59 )
@Totalanimefan: lol... defrost is underway! XD ... although now that the sun is down, it's getting cold again. But that's ok. I think the temps are supposed to skyrocket here next week too, actually. I haven't personally checked, though. I guess we'll find out! XD

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/28 02:14:42 )
@CooperationIsKey: my day was pretty good! what about you?

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/28 02:36:05 )
@CooperationIsKey: I did. Well yesterday I did, today I just had work, so boring day, lol. How your day?

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/28 02:36:45 )
@Totalanimefan: Thank goodness, as they can't get out to us, until the 3rd to do the cleaning/fixing.

@star2000shadow: I don't think it's werid. I love cmas, as I like it year round, but I'm also considered odd by people for that.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/29 02:35:46 )

@Wildfire: today it was 50 and it felt good for it to only be that cold lol. Do you guys have any plans for new years?

@Rei Ann: yes tomorrow and the next few days should be much warmer. :)

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/29 06:05:36 )

@Totalanimefan: I have to imagine I'm waking my roommate and our houseguest a lot with my coughing and being up at all hours. ^^;;

@JosieOpal: Well I'm fighting the flu so my last several days have been... interesting. :P But it's been a week so hopefully I'm reaching the end of this dumb illness!

@Rei Ann: Too much coughing and not enough sleep due to said coughing, mostly. ^^;;;

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/29 06:16:37 )

@CooperationIsKey: not that it matters too much but if you have a box fan or an air purifier or something like that you can turn it on and it will drown out your coughing. But I’m sure it’s not keeping her up. :)

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/29 06:27:22 )

@Totalanimefan: I actually have an air purifier running 24/7 anyway because she smoked in the house for like 40 years before I moved in. Though the houseguest mentioned he'd heard my coughing so I guess it's only doing so much. ^^;

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/29 11:49:01 )

I think I'm going back to urgent care when it opens... I've not gotten more than an hour sleep per day in several days and it's... getting to me.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/29 14:04:26 )
@CooperationIsKey: oh yeah i know what you mean, i had the 24 hr flu last week and im still dealing with the remnants of it. honey garlic and ginger are the best things for it.
Josie's Occult Shoppe
Please Ping me

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/29 14:44:02 )
@Totalanimefan: I don't know if we have plans for New Year's Eve or not. We talked about doing something local but I'm not sure if hubby actually bought tickets. And there's always the dogs and the inevitable fireworks to consider. So I'm not sure at the moment. What about you - any plans? Anything fun going on in the city?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/30 00:34:23 )

@CooperationIsKey: ew I hate that smell. It’s so gross to me. I had a friend who’s mom smoked and it always smelled so bad.
Oh wow it sounds like you are still very sick. I hope you get better soon!

@Wildfire: I’m going to a friends apartment. I’m not sure that the dress code is lol. We are bringing a karaoke machine. ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/30 13:25:45 )
@Totalanimefan: oh that sounds like a fun, relaxing evening! And depending on where your friend's home is, maybe you can catch some city-sponsored fireworks too! Karaoke - lol! <3

It turns out that hubby did buy the tickets to the concert we were talking about going to, but it's being put on earlier this year than last... so it's almost a "pre-New Year's Eve" event, which really, might be just fine :3 But, we picked up a ticket for my mom too and I still have to tell her that, and my son has to work that day, getting out only when the event is starting... so it'll be a tiny bit chaotic...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/30 14:34:45 )

Well I'm still coughing but in amazing news, my mom overnighted me this herbal tincture she swears by for this sort of thing, and oh my god not long after taking my first two doses (you take a dose and then another 30 minutes later) I had conked out. I slept for like 5 hours, which is probably more than I've gotten in the entirety of the last week!!

@JosieOpal: I have seen honey as a frequent recommendation as a cough remedy, but this cough, man, nothing was helping, not even expensive prescriptions.

Please ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.