Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat December Discussion

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 18:45:16 )

@Wildfire: Oh I didn't want your husband to yell at him. I meant like your husband tell him the same things that you said and see if he would listen if both parents said it.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 19:30:09 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I got that. Hubby has made the same points to Son. It seems to have helped a little bit...

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 19:30:51 )
... I meant the "yelling" that a random room-mate might be more tempted to do, than the loving guidance that we parents are trying to give him,...

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 19:37:16 )
    Maybe a kick in the ass wouldn't hurt, especially if it gets to the point where his behavior starts affecting your relationships negatively.

For December, I guess I'm just looking for new scenery.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 22:27:23 )

Blue has tough love down. lol

@Wildfire: Let me know if there are any updates haha

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 22:29:32 )
Eating, dinking, family, time off work and playing God Of War Ragnarök.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 22:34:25 )

@Mischief: That sounds pretty awesome. ^^

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 22:44:49 )
@Totalanimefan:
Hopefully will be, so ready for time off work.
Even it is only 3 to 4 days off.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 22:45:18 )
@blue:
@Totalanimefan:

LOL - oh, I'm not beyond the idea of "tough love"! Sometimes it's necessary and honestly, we're kinda getting to that point... but this kid has been through the ringer the last several months and is finally settling down again in to healthier patterns, etc., so I'm trying to give him every opportunity to do things "adult-like" XD

... and no, no updates today. He hasn't been feeling well, apparently, and he wrenched his back so has been sitting with the heating pad for a good part of the day...

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 23:36:05 )
    @Totalanimefan: //wiggles her eyebrows with a wink
    Whatever works.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 17:41:44 )

@Mischief: That sounds nice. I wish it was more common to have 3-day weekends. I feel like you can get so much done or relax even more.

@Wildfire: I feel that. Earlier this week I had the heating pad on my back. I hope he feels better soon.

@blue: This comment literally made me laugh. Blue the Crusher!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 17:48:14 )
@Totalanimefan: Thanks - I hope he feels better soon too. I hope you're feeling better now...??

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 18:01:21 )
    ha ha ha!
    Are we all using heating pads these days? I was just laying on one last night myself. I splurged and bought a new one and I'm quite fond of it! It has a timing function, and ten different heat levels--I've only been able to withstand a 6 or a 7; I can't imagine the magma of a 10. It's completely encased in a soft outside and it's still has a lot of movement when it's not heated. My last one was this incredibly cheap one that had a thin pillow-case like cover. On the plus side, you could wash the cover easily, but the downside was that the pad was inflexible, a single temperature, and had a tendency to unclip from power easily.

Ah, I also accidentally burned myself with the old one. I hadn't even realized until my partner saw me in the washroom with these lines across my back like I had laid down on a barbecue grate. It didn't hurt, I think I just caused some blistering on the surface like the blood vessels got too hot.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 18:06:58 )

We all became old haha

@Wildfire: Yes. I tend to heal the next day. My back has been very tight lately. I honestly think it's the cat sleeping with me. He tends to sleep on my legs or half on my legs and then when I toss and turn it goes badly cause my legs don't move with me. Or it makes me not sleep straight if I'm trying to avoid him. I think starting this weekend I'm going to move his stuff out of my room and then he can't sleep with us anymore.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 21:11:31 )
@blue: good heating pads are essential. I haven't needed one in a while, but my son is definitely using one today. I just bought a new one too, actually. It's nice to have extra levels of heat as an option, and a timer / auto-turn-off :3

@Totalanimefan: You do realize that I'm older than you are, right?? XD
Yeah, there are times when the dog sleeps with me and it's pretty obvious that's why I'm in pain the next morning. I'd kick him out of bed, but in that half-asleep mode, it's hard to do that without completely waking yourself up...and that's no fun at all!!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 21:28:30 )
Totalanimefan:

@Mischief: That sounds nice. I wish it was more common to have 3-day weekends. I feel like you can get so much done or relax even more.

@Wildfire: I feel that. Earlier this week I had the heating pad on my back. I hope he feels better soon.

@blue: This comment literally made me laugh. Blue the Crusher!

Yeah, if only.

Art Portfolio

/Deviant Art
/Tumblr
/Art Instagram
/Twitter

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 22:09:45 )

@Wildfire: Yeah I know that you are about just over 10 years older than me. I'm 31. I need to kick the cat out at first I did it cause he was clearly missing the dog, but it's been 3 weeks. Time for me to sleep better.

@Mischief: I'm kinda surprised that the travel lobby hasn't forced the other indistries to change cause the would make way more money with people traveling more. I feel like whenever there is a 3 day weekend people go crazy for it and plan a trip.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 23:17:48 )
@Mischief: Thank you. I hope he feels better soon too. :3

@Totalanimefan: LOL... just over 10 years older, huh? XD ... it's a bit more than that, tbh ;) <3
Yeah, I get that. Animals miss their "siblings" too, so it's good (IMO) that you gave the cat a chance to cuddle, etc., with you, but it definitely sounds like it's time. You need your sleep!!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/16 00:15:47 )

@Wildfire: I was gonna say closer to 15 but I didn't wanna be rude haha
Yeah they can just cuddle during waking hours.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/16 01:03:51 )
@Totalanimefan: lol. I do appreciate the thoughtfulness <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.