Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 04:05:19 )
✦💚✦💚✦

@rei ann: same! the only reason i go is cuz i'm not the one paying XD XD XD oooh squishmallows! i have not gotten into them (yet) I don't think my bank account could handle it (not that it can handle much these days)

✦💚✦💚✦

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 04:09:53 )
@sailormoon: Yeah, my boyfriend at the time, now husband, got me into them. He got me one as a gift, because everytime we saw them I kept wanting to get one, but knew if I did, it would end up becoming a collection, like my monster high and ever after dolls. Whelp, It is. But thankfully, my wallet can handle it a tiny bit.

They make great pilliows, but can be a itch to find certain ones. Resellers are big in the market.

They are super cute, and like now there hello kitty and disney ones, so like I'm so screwed, lol.

It's always nice when someone else covers the homegoods budget.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 04:42:11 )
@Rei Ann: oh i love the garlic one! oh that reminds me about the last time i went to buy the pork loins! i thought i was buying a teriyaki flavored one and it ended up being an "original" one. it was still really good, but it wasn't teriyaki lol Yeah the mushroom one is pretty good, i like pairing it with an onion soup powder packet mixed with a family size can of cream of mushroom soup with added chopped mushrooms over rice. it's pretty tasty. my husband likes that one a lot.

I'm about to try the pork now......it's actually really good- not overly spicy, a little heat, but it's also quite sweet! if you can find it, i now recommend it!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 04:47:29 )
@Alorrena: Thar sounds like a perfect meal. I’m gonna have to find that. I do the same thing with the onion mix and the soup but I do it over chicken and have it over egg noodles. So it’s nice to have a way to mix it up if I can find that pork one.

Ooh that’s good to know cause my hubby would love the one you had tonight.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 04:51:32 )
✦💚✦💚✦

@rei ann: do you think your husband regrets turning you into a squishmallow monster?

✦💚✦💚✦

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 04:53:02 )
@Rei Ann: I DO IT WITH CHICKEN TOO!!!i've never met anyone that does something similar!! But i put it over rice lol My mom would make that a lot for us when i was a kid, so it's once of my favorite meals to make lol It's always tricky though, cause she's put a layer of uncooked rice in a 9x13 glass pan, put the raw chicken on top of that, pour over the soup mix, and then add water (making sure it got down to the rice layer) and bake it at 350 for like an hour or until done. The rice never seems to cook enough for me or i have too much water because you gotta add water about half way through and i always add too much lol

I'm happy to trade recipe ideas, btw lol i got lots.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 04:56:34 )
@sailormoon: He chuckled, then said I can’t blame him for it, and when pressed said no because they are cute like me. That dectective rei reporting.
@Alorrena: I’ve never met anyone who made it that way either. I do it over rice sometimes but more like already cooked rice. I actually got the recipie from my mom cause she made it all the time. What’s your mom growing up in the 70s or 80s maybe it’s a dish from back then?

Oh you can make it with the rice in the pan? I always add it later. Also recently I did the chicken, and the onion mix with cream of chicken soup, bought the wrong soup by accident and it was still really tasty.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 05:15:00 )
@Rei Ann: Yeah, maybe it was! My mom was born in 63, so her teenage years were in the 70's and early 80s. She was also a single mom for the most part when i was growing up. And since that chicken casserole dish could feed the 3 of us for at least 2 days, she'd make it pretty often since it was relatively inexpensive. i think adding the rice later wouldn't be as tasty because the rice soaks up a lot of the flavor from the soups.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 05:15:07 )
✦💚✦💚✦

@rei ann: awwww what a sweetie pie he is!

✦💚✦💚✦
👽 Formerly Sailormoon 👽

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 05:18:17 )
@spaghetti: We’ll those are the years of casserole dishes. And it’s really yummy we make it for our weekly lunches. It def lasts.

@sailormoon: He sure is. ^^

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 05:32:23 )
@Rei Ann: yeah, definitely. Do you meal prep each week or do you just cook as you need it?
Alorrena's Mule (For charity! Coming soon)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 12:07:58 )
ˑؘ ۪۪۫۫Formerly known as ChiffonOrange ۪۪۫۫ ؘ

@borealis: I see and that's awesome! My day is boring since I just got back from work and had dinner ten minutes ago lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 17:10:28 )
@spaghetti: We prep each week, for lunches. Dinner is made each night, but since we both work, and want down time, we try to make lunches on the weekend for the week.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 19:51:57 )
@Rei Ann: oh okay cool! i never get around to meal prepping anything, so we just cook as we need food. I do make meal plans though, but that's more for when i go shopping rather than actually planning means on certain days.

work is interesting today, it's apparently REALLY slow, which is nice, but it allows for plenty of opportunity to be "Weak" and take voluntary time off, which i already take too much of. I'm hoping that the holiday pay will help counteract any time i've taken off this pay period though

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 19:54:20 )
@Alorrena: If I don't meal prep, I end up eating really bad lunches. I really have to drop some weight. Covid lockdowns really screwed by body over. Otherwise, I end up buying fast food I shouldn't eat.

Oooh, I hate when work is slow, because then it's like such a drag to make it to 5. I have today off, but not looking forwarded to tomorrow. They resealed the parking lot, so we have to park down hill tomorrow at another business and it's suppose to be hot and raining.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/6 01:05:59 )
@Rei Ann: i get that. we usually end up skipping lunch or just packing a sandwich and a granola bar or some boiled eggs, or if we end up with leftovers we'll have those.

it's really nice for me when it's slow because i have a laptop to play around on, but at the same it it's a dangerous game to play lol i work at a call center, but work from home, which is nice. I like being able to be barefoot all day.

i took 3 hours of vto already!!!! i love my job, but i hate working lol i would rather be doing literally anything else right now.

We went to best buy earlier and got a couple hard drive things for tyi's computer. Hopefully replacing those parts will stop the issues he's had. Then he just has to reload the operating system onto one of them and then he should be good to go, but it's just a matter of doing all of that. the computer issues we've had just seems to make me more aware of just how little i know about computers. i'm learning though.. slowly.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/6 01:17:53 )
@Alorrena: Wow really? I would be so hangry if I wasn't able to have a lunch. Like which would be bad, cause one of my coworkers like super sucks and I'd be mean, without food.

Work from home? How do you mange? When I've worked for home during sometimes, I find that I don't end up working like at all. It's like really impossible for me to focus.

Hopefully the computer repairs work out, and don't make ya'll have to go out to get more stuff.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/6 04:50:54 )
@Rei Ann: Honestly, my eating habits are so unhealthy. I don't eat breakfast often, sometimes i'll skip lunch, and i'll eat a decent dinner (that most people would say is too much food) And then there are other days where i'll eat a small snack like a granola bar, and then just half a piece of chicken for dinner. and then some days i just don't eat anything. wildly unhealthy. I get cranky if i don't get enough sleep, but at least work from home means i don't have coworkers i have to be nice to lol

My job, in particular, is one that basically makes you do work. it's not like i can slack off or anything since i take calls all day. I also usually minimize distractions by not having my laptop in the office with me, and i don't have a tv or anything going on in the background. it works, i guess. And then on days like today, even when i was on my laptop, as soon as i got a call i immediately closed my laptop and put my attention to what i was saying and what needed to be done. But calls are usually less than 5 minutes long anyways. However, it's a lot easier for me to say yes to the vto just because i want to be spending time with my hubby or relaxing on the couch. We have a comfy couch lol

I'm hopeful, but he's holding off a little to install the hardware because he wants to wait for his buddy to be home before starting the software part (formatting and installing windows.) So we'll just have to wait and see. For now, he's on my pc while i'm on my laptop. i wait to get my pc back though! i didn't realize how much i loved having it.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/6 06:13:23 )

@borealis: That's alright, I understand as well. Do take your time to reply as there's no need to rush :o

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/6 11:54:32 )

@borealis: Fair enough xD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.