Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Another Newbie in the House

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/8 15:55:04 )
I’ve played a few avi/pet sites throughout the years, but I haven’t stuck with one in a while. I’m not the most social but I hope I can force myself to socialize more because I don’t really have any online friends anymore, unfortunately.

A little about me: I’m in my 30s, I love animals (especially cats), anime, reading books and manga, music (mostly rock or older Jpop and K-pop). I collect plushies and other cute things, I’m neurodivergant, I love art (I’m not very good at making my own though). I also like video games but the only ones I’ve been playing lately are Stardew Valley (trying to get a perfect save) and Pokémon Legends: Arceus.

Hope to see y’all around!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/8 17:51:37 )

@Starry: Hi hi! Welcome to Voltra. It's a great place. We are a pretty welcoming place so we hope that you can find your new internet home here.
Legends: Arceus is such a fun game! Have you ever played the Rune Factory series? It's like Stardew but I like it better.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/8 23:21:23 )
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Hi there, welcome! c: I'm sort of in the same boat as you. Back in '07 and '08 when I was Gaia all the time I used to have a lot of online friends, but that number has significantly dwindled.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/9 00:47:41 )
@Totalanimefan Thanks for the welcome and donation! I have RF4 Special on the Switch and played it a ton, but I took a break and I forgot what I was doing and the mechanics, haha. I was on the final part of the game so hopefully I can figure it out eventually so I don't have to start a new save. I haven't played any of the other games in the series. I was interested in RF5 but I saw the reviews were kind of mixed on that.

@Pashminapanda: Thanks! Yeah, I used to play Gaia around '03-07 but lost interest once inflation got bad and all my irl friends stopped playing it. :s

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/9 01:02:44 )

@Starry: I love RF4. It's so much fun to play. It is hard to remember where you were when you put a game down for a while. ^^;
For RF5 I had it for the Switch, I was waiting for it for years and was so excited for it, but it doesn't run well on the Switch at all. I returned it and I pre-ordered it on Steam. It comes out next week and I'm very excited! I would recommend it for Steam but not the Switch.
What J-pop artists do you like? I speak Japanese and I love Japanese music. ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/9 01:03:40 )

Oh and you are welcome. I hope that you like the item since you said you like Farming Sims. I never know what to give newbies. Everyone likes different things lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/9 02:29:13 )
@Starry: Welcome to Voltra!

I too love animals, especially cats, and I have 2 of them. xD Would love to have more, but my lease only allows for 2 animals. I also love rock music and anime. What are your favorite bands and favorite series?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/9 05:08:10 )
✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

Welcome!! Let us know if you have any questions ^^

I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/9 05:39:35 )
Starry:
I’ve played a few avi/pet sites throughout the years, but I haven’t stuck with one in a while. I’m not the most social but I hope I can force myself to socialize more because I don’t really have any online friends anymore, unfortunately.

A little about me: I’m in my 30s, I love animals (especially cats), anime, reading books and manga, music (mostly rock or older Jpop and K-pop). I collect plushies and other cute things, I’m neurodivergant, I love art (I’m not very good at making my own though). I also like video games but the only ones I’ve been playing lately are Stardew Valley (trying to get a perfect save) and Pokémon Legends: Arceus.

Hope to see y’all around!

Welcome to Voltra. I hope you enjoy it here.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/9 19:22:03 )

Welcome to Voltra!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/9 20:10:14 )
@totalanimefan: Oh, maybe I'll buy it on Steam then instead. Though I'll wait for it to eventually go on sale, since I have enough games I bought and haven't played/finished for now, haha.
I used to be big into Hello! Project groups like Morning Musume, Berryz Kobo, Aya Matsuura etc. as well as Namie Amuro, Judy and Mary, Puffy, hide, Tommy february6/heavenly6, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Tokyo Girls' Style, Babymetal. And a lot of 80's stuff. Too many to list them all.

@stinky: Thanks! I play it off and on. I keep finding new mods to keep it interesting (and sometimes more challenging lol)

@aisukohi: Thanks! I have 2 cats as well. My favorite bands are Ghost, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots and The Birthday Massacre. My favorite anime series are One Piece, Gintama, Fruits Basket 2019, Death Note, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and I really like Spy x Family so far. I also love magical girl series as a whole, though I've not seen all of them lol.

@kittybeary @ariella74 @anarchist beauty Thanks for the welcome!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/9 20:36:11 )

@Starry: oh there is a 15% pre-order discount but I’m sure if you waited until it was a few months old there would be another discount.
I’m not super into idol groups but I know them. I do love Namie Amuro. She’s my favorite singer ever! I’m still sad she retired but I’m also happy for her. I love every decade of her music lol
Judy and Mary, Hyde, Tommy Heavenly6 are all great! I’m also into 2000’s Japanese music.
Some of my other favorites are Flow, Crystal Kay, Nami Tamaki, Home Made Kazoku to name a few. For newer artists I like Kenshi Yonezu and Man With A Mission!
(Gintama is so good!)

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/10 00:37:24 )
@starry: Yeah, same here. :( I keep saying that these avi websites will make a comeback, hopefully it isn't just false hope.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/10 03:07:44 )
@totalanimefan: Yeah, Steam seems to have sales a lot so I'll definitely keep my eye out. I would say Namie is my favorite solo J-pop singer too! It is a shame she retired, but she did have a long career at least. I like Nami Tamaki and Crystal Kay too; I haven't listened too much to those other artists but I've heard of them. Gintama is definitely good; one of the few anime series I've watched in the last few years that can make me actually laugh out loud.

@stinky: I'm looking forward to Haunted Chocolatier for sure. I loved ACNL but never got into ACNH... maybe cause I have noone to play it with so I knew I'd never get all the fruit trees and stuff. Though I haven't played it since any of the big updates, so maybe I'll restart my island one day.

@pashminapanda: I hope they do. It's hard to find ones that 1. aren't totally dead or 2. aren't 90% people under 21, lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/10 12:53:15 )
@stinky: Oh yeah, there’s also the fact I let my Nintendo Online sub run out so I can’t play anything online anyway. x_x Hate that it’s extra cause I don’t play online enough to justify the cost. That sounds like a cool design. Maybe I’ll just look up other people’s islands, haha.

The pet sites I’ve played are Neopets, Goatlings, Dappervolk, Furvilla, Subeta, Aywas, Tattered Weave, Novilar, Flight Rising (this one’s too confusing for me though so I didn’t do much lol) and some older ones that no longer exist like Acitius, BooPets, Creature World. And I guess Chicken Smoothie if that counts.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/10 20:14:20 )

@Starry: Tell me about your fav Namie songs! I just love here so much. I also like that she is such a strong women. She has always been a role model to me.
Gintama is so funny. I really do laugh at the jokes and the cast is so good!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/11 00:09:58 )
@Starry: You're welcome! I think the only bad thing about having more than 2 cats would be the litter box cleanup. xP I've listened to all those bands except maybe The Birthday Massacre, I think, and seen some of them live as well. Foo Fighters put on a phenomenal live show, and I'm fortunate to have seen Sound Garden as well. Thinking of rock artists I've been listening to a lot recently but also for years, I love Bad Omens, Motionless In White, Palisades, Palaye Royale, and just honestly so many more. As for anime, I've been meaning to watch Fruits Basket 2019, but keep forgetting about it lol. Might try Jojo's since I know it's sooo popular, although I'm not quite used to the art style. I've slowly been getting through Spy x Family, and I love it so far! The facial expressions Anya makes gets me. xD Current favorite series of mine are My Hero Academia, Demonslayer, and Jujutsu Kaisen, but I love older series like Inu Yasha, Gurren Lagaan, Naruto (I can't get into Boruto though), and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, to name a few.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/11 23:10:35 )
@starry: That is true. I don't feel old until I try talking to people in that age group. lol
Thinking about playing Pokemon Crystal again.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/12 03:46:50 )
@Totalanimefan: My favorite Namie songs are probably Hide & Seek, Can't Sleep Can't Eat I'm Sick, Put 'Em Up, Funky Town and Want Me Want Me. I like her dancable songs the most but she has nice ballads too.

@Stinky: I guess most people are more interested in mobile apps and games than petsites these days. But I do feel nostalgic for the times I had playing them when I was younger.

@aisukohi: Yeah, I don't want to have to get another litter box and clean up more poop/barf lol. But sometimes I wish I had more cats.
I've seen Foo Fighters 9 times and they definitely put on a great show. I always felt sore the next day from all the jumping around lol. I saw Soundgarden back in 2011 and had tickets to see them again for a show just a few days after Chris Cornell's death. :( Had tickets to see Linkin Park that year too, but that obviously didn't happen either. I'm bad about keeping up with recent rock but I do know/like some songs by Motionless in White and Palaye Royale.
Anya's facial expressions are my favorite part of Spy x Family, haha. I've watched all of MHA but I was kinda getting bored of it the most recent season tbh. But I like some of the characters so I'll probably keep watching lol. I love Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen too. The last movie I saw in theaters was Mugen Train, and I wish I could've seen Jujutsu Kaisen 0 in the theater but oh well. I read the manga and I'll watch it whenever it comes to Crunchyroll or wherever.
I was into Naruto when I was in HS but I dropped it around ep 200 cause even as a teen I got annoyed at all the filler. XD I still haven't watched Gurren Lagaan or Inu Yasha. I finally got around to watching FMA Brotherhood last year, though I used to read the manga and saw the original anime. Definitely awesome, and nice to see the ending cause I don't think I have the final volumes of the manga.

@pashminapanda: Yeah, sometimes I hear/see teens talking to eachother and I feel like a confused old person lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/12 06:29:40 )

@Starry: all great songs from around the same time. I’m guessing Play is your fav album?
My first one of hers was Queen of Hip-Pop but before that I had an Inuyasha CD that had her on it. And then I saw her PV Wowa and thought she was awesome!
I think I like her album Past < Future the most but I can’t pick lol. If you like dance she has a 2015 album that is hard dance imo

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.