Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day 2022: Spring Cleaning! Spring Cleaning: The Dust Wars Event FAQ (+ Raffle Hangout!)

Donator — pancake Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 01:53:26 )
@Totalanimefan: Hopefully. I thought I might try puzzles, but it's very time consuming and repetitive. :<
It's very frustrating. I feel like I'm going to be annoying 90% of the time, if I open my mouth. So I just don't.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 01:56:44 )

@blinkini: I suffered with that for a long time because I had an ex that would call me annoying when I got excited or passionate about something.
At the end of the day I have to live my life and I said f him. He doesn’t control me. But it took me years.
I did a puzzle and then I was like nope lol. But you can do one if you want.

Donator — pancake Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 02:02:02 )
@Totalanimefan: Still trying to figure out how to convince my brain not to care as much.
But I already have no friends outside of my fiancé's friends, so I'm afraid of being disliked by any of them. :<
Nah, I did three and that was more than enough. Lol.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 02:11:58 )
@blinkini: Oh nice!, and yeah, it is. The new job is basically call center work, so yeah, i'll be taking calls. As long as i don't have to MAKE the calls, i'm okay. I have experience doing this kind of work too, so that helps.

Oh nice! My brother in law used to do that! It's a lot of work, and can be very taxing on your body, so i get the aches and pains.

Oh awesome! I also crochet (i sew too lol), but i don't think i've ever made anything that i like enough to wear, and i have a problem with limited resources so i almost never finish projects. I made a bunny once for my husband. it ended up being way bigger than intended, but i was okay with it lol

Also, OMG THANK YOU!!!! you're so nice! <3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 02:15:29 )

@blinkini: it’s ok. It might come with time. It might not. Just know that we don’t think you are annoying at all and we want your company ^^

Donator — pancake Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 02:16:17 )
@Alorrena: That's good.
I tried doing the call center thing and it made my anxiety way worse.

It is taxing, but it also makes me feel accomplished and helps my shifts go by quickly.

Oh my goodness, same. I always think things that other people make are so amazing, but my stuff just looks so ehhhhhh to me. :<
I also have over 100 unfinished projects . :vanora_sweat:
That's adorable! <3

It's no problem. I had a few extra. :]

Donator — pancake Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 02:16:43 )
@Totalanimefan: Thank you. It's really very nice to hear.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 02:18:11 )

@blinkini: it’s nothing but the truth! <333

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 02:27:15 )
@blinkini: oh man, yeah i totally get the worse anxiety thing with call centers. That's literally why i won;t work at one if it's outbound calls. i HATE bothering people unless they're my friends and i know they won't hate me for it. and i have only a couple friends like that, and they live across the country. My other friends i don't call, like Ever, because i dont' wanna bother them, partially because most of them are "my husband's friends" (they probably consider my their friend, and not their friend's wife, but my brain says otherwise) but mostly because of that anxiety. Though, i have gotten a lot more comfortable talking to his friends on discord lately, and i think that's because i've been on here talking to people. I've really come out of my shell since joining Voltra.

That's good that your job makes you feel accomplished! I think that's important, even if you end up exhausted at the end of you day.

oh man, yes. i have like 4 sewing projects that i started at the beginning of this year and only finished one, so the rest are just..... sitting in my box of fabric, waiting for me to get back to them lol Maybe i'll make some time while working to work on them if i have any down time.

Still, i really appreciate it! It definitely tied up what i was going for for the background

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 02:31:45 )
@Totalanimefan: my dinner turned out well. It could use a little more salt, but it still has good flavor lol I ended up pressure cooking the cabbage because everything else was cooked and it say in there for an hour and didn't cook much, so 5 minutes later and it was perfect lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 02:36:13 )

@Alorrena: you had corned beef and it needed more salt? My mom would barely de-salt it and it was always too salty for me lol
Maybe it was the instant pot that did it?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 02:52:56 )
@Totalanimefan: I added extra water, so that's probably what it was. Also, the package of meat wasn't very big in comparison to the veggies i put in it. The meat itself has plenty of flavor and doesn't need salt, but the broth and the cabbage, carrots, onions and potatoes do need a little bit. I think if i used maybe half a cup of water less it would have been perfect. It's still really good, but it does give you the thought of, "of this would be good with a little more salt," but not in a "this needs more salt" kind of way.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 02:56:29 )

@Alorrena: oh I see what you mean. Sometimes it’s hard to know how much water to use when using the instant pot

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 03:06:30 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah. On my instant pot (i was using MIL's today) i have a couple magnets with guides on how much water to use when using the pressure cook setting, but the slow cook setting threw me off. I think it's also the shape of the pot, because normally i use the bigger crockpot size, and you can spread things out a bit more in that, so i think because everything was on top of each other it made it hard to judge just how much water to use too.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 03:11:09 )

@Alorrena: I always feel like I have water left over but you need a min amount just to make it work in the first place lol

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 03:20:09 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, i think it's like minimum of 1 cup or something for the pressure cooking function. MIL got home and immediately started complaining about stuff again 🙄 Apparently, i don't clean the kitchen well enough (i do, she's just ridiculously nitpicky).

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 03:25:40 )

@Alorrena: ugh that’s so annoying! I’m sorry you have to put up with that.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 03:34:57 )
@Totalanimefan: It's obnoxious. And she didn't say anything to me about it either, Tyi went out to talk to her when she got home because before she got home i had started getting anxious about her complaining about me using her instant pot (i was right, btw, she did complain). So I'm listening to the conversation and she's just complaining about it/me and doesn't actually say anything to me. I'm just so over it at this point, but my anxiety isn't. So now i'm feeling super anxious about just going out there and cleaning up the instant pot, so i'm just.... not, yet. I might try and have Tyi do it... maybe.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 03:39:07 )

@Alorrena: that’s horrible. I would totally feel the same way if that was happening to me. I’m sorry.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 03:50:42 )
@Totalanimefan: It's okay, i'm just glad we only have like a month left to deal with it and then she's moving to the grandparent's house. That will be nice. Tyi and i are going to spend my days off helping Gramps move and throw away some stuff so the process is faster lol

I just finished the last of my corned beef and there was a bunch of the spices left at the bottom of my bowl and that's probably one of my favorite bites lol I really like the Cardamom and the texture it has when it's been cooked lol
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.