Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day 2022: Spring Cleaning! Spring Cleaning: The Dust Wars Event FAQ (+ Raffle Hangout!)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 20:02:32 )

@sunny: That's how you know it was the one XD
How did you get it in the first place?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 20:04:03 )
    @Totalanimefan: a market of some kind, I went to college in the city and there was always random markets on with like buffalo burgers and fancy food lmao.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 20:05:19 )

@sunny: Oh I see. Was it in Birmingham? I feel like that's a big city that would have a market like that (I guess so would Manchester)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 20:12:13 )
    @Totalanimefan: no not Birmingham, I could never get to Birmingham every day for college lol XD this was in Derby. It’s actually surprising that Derby would have decent markets but they did used to. Not anymore tho :/

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 20:13:10 )
@Totalanimefan: that definitely sounds interesting! Thanks for the link - I'll keep it in mind next time I go to get groceries :3

@Purpsy: So you have a busy, creative day ahead of you... that's good, right?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 20:13:56 )
@Alorrena: So you have your own games to play. It's good to have options :3 (I haven't heard of that game either - is it also on Steam?)

@sunny: I read outside for a while (since my last post, more-or-less). It's 35°C/95°F out there right now, and sunnnnnnnny... so it's hot, but being in the sun felt sooooo good! <3 Fortunately, it doesn't seem particularly humid, so that's nice. I think my freckles multiplied by a lot... XD I might go back out for a few more minutes, now that I've had a small chance to cool down.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 20:15:01 )

@sunny: Yeah I guess that would have been pretty far. My husband lived there for 8 years, he went to Aston Uni before we met at UCLan.
I've never been to Derby, what's it like there?

@Wildfire: Np. It was kinda making me want to grill some peaches lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 20:21:00 )
@Totalanimefan: LOL! <3 What's stopping you??

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 20:21:39 )
    @Wildfire: that is super hot, and I’m super jealous! I’m glad you are able to enjoy the sunshine:) are you reading anything nice?

@Totalanimefan: oh that’s nice:) Derby is a dead end town, I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone lol. I have lived most of my life and honestly it’s only gotten worse. There are better cities in the midlands for sure lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 20:22:19 )

@Wildfire: I don't want to walk to the store, and I would have to see how busy the grills are when I want to grill it. Although there are like 6 stations in my complex, I'm sure as long as it wasn't a nice day on the weekend I could get a spot lol

@sunny: Oh no, I didn't know that place was bad. I had never been, and I thought that you were going to say that it was nice. Where do you recommend I go instead?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 20:26:33 )
@sunny: It is hot (it's only going to get worse here though as the summer progresses, but at this temperature point, it's not so much about the temperature as it is about the percentage of humidity).

Nah... I'm reading the Star Shroud series by Ken Lozito. I just started book 4. It's decent-enough reading but nothing particularly stellar, IMO. (stellar... lol... did you see what I did there? XD ) It's doing what I want my fiction books to do, which is to provide an easy distraction.

I tried logging in to Voltra with my phone but it insists on signing me in and then immediately signing me right back out for some reason. I should probably open a help ticket for that... eventually.

BBS - gonna catch just a little more sun :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 20:28:22 )
@Totalanimefan: ...communal grills... fun. And yeah, walking to the store. Ok, you're off the proverbial hook - no grilled peaches for you today! XD

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 20:29:57 )
    @Totalanimefan: Nottingham is a good city, it used to be bad but they’ve really invested in it the past few years. Nottingham has pretty much everything you could want. Have you been there before?

@Wildfire: enjoy the sun!!! I have never heard of those books before (nice pun!!) I will have to check them out. I know what you mean about wanting a book to distract you , I’ve been rereading the Harry Potter books for exactly that reason.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 20:30:55 )

@Wildfire: Haha I just went to the store on Sunday, gotta use up what I have in the fridge now. Maybe I should get some next week.
They are always clean and easy to use, just busy lol.

@sunny: I haven't, but my husband says that city is nice and he would like to take me sometime. ^^

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 20:32:30 )
    @Totalanimefan: it would be a nice place for you guys to visit, but idk if you would want to make an trip solely for it. Maybe as a day trip while you’re visiting other places / family?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 20:34:51 )

@sunny: My husband has family lives just across the river from Liverpool, we used to live in Preston, and we have friends in Manchester. But he also wants to show me around Birmingham too. So I'm sure that we can fit in it. I would also like to see Cambridge. (I know that one is in the south)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 20:38:41 )
    @Totalanimefan: oooo Cambridge is pretty. I have never been but I have heard good things! Birmingham is very fun, but very big imo. Lots of stuff to do there, it’s kinda hectic.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 20:55:28 )

@sunny: I heard that it's really pretty there too.
Birmingham is a really big city. He lived there for so long that he knows it inside and out. I believe it's the UK's 2nd biggest city. I would like to go when the high speed rail line finishes. It would make for a really quick trip from London to Birmingham.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:01:50 )
    @Totalanimefan: yeah it’s huge, almost the size of London. It is the biggest city in the midlands for sure. It is quite an experience. Idk when the high speed rail will be finished, people are very passionate about getting it delayed lol.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:05:59 )
@sunny: Oh yeah... I recently thought about re-reading that series too but opted for something different instead. That's a good read, though! :3 Are you enjoying it a second/third/fourth/fifth time through?

BTW, as my husband noted when he came out to visit me on that last trip to sit in the sun, the temperature I quoted above is actually the "in shade" temps... it didn't even register, mentally, that the thermometer was in the shade (yes, one of those days - lol)

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.