Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day 2022: Spring Cleaning! Spring Cleaning: The Dust Wars Event FAQ (+ Raffle Hangout!)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:07:40 )
@Totalanimefan: lol... yeah, I just went shopping Monday, I think... so unless there's something we run out of and really need, I won't be going again for a few more days. Maybe next week - for both of us! XD

Some communal grills are nice, and others are... well, not. I'm glad you found a spot with nice communal grills - lol.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:11:56 )
    @Wildfire: oh wow so it’s even hotter? Amazing:o
    I have lost count how many times I’ve read the HP books. I read them so many times when I was younger, but this is my first read through in like 10 years. I am on the 5th book currently, about halfway through.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:16:02 )
@sunny: lol... some series are just re-readable, aren't they? I think I've read the Harry Potter series... twice? Maybe. Once, definitely. I seem to recall reading them another time through, but don't remember whether or not that's actually the case. It sounds like you're making some good progress through the series!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:21:14 )
... and yes, it's (apparently) even hotter out there :3

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:21:28 )
    @Wildfire: they are so rereadable. They really help with my anxiety because it’s kind of simple wholesome entertainment, and it’s easy to get sucked into the world of Hogwarts… it’s nice:)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:24:06 )

@sunny: Yeah I heard about that. It needs to be finished so that I can ride it. No but actually it would be really good for the UK's economy. I've ridden a bullet train/high speed rail before in Japan and it's amazing. You feel nothing. There is no rocking on the train and you get to where you are going soo quickly. I wish all trains were like that.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:25:01 )

@Wildfire: Yeah some community grills are so gross XD
Yes and hopefully it is on sale for both of us. Food has gotten so expensive lately !

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:25:34 )
@sunny: Yes, it's definitely an encompassing, welcoming, fun world that Rowling created with those books! I was thrilled when they came out because they did such a good job of world and character creation... for several years before that, literature had been going downhill IMO, and I was getting really frustrated trying to find things to read. She brought the level of literature up a bit, imo, at a time it needed it most. :3 And, it's just fun to think about whether or not there's magic like that in the world, and what that might mean...

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:25:45 )
    @Totalanimefan: me too, though I have never ridden a high speed train, but I really want to! I wish they would finish ours, but idk when or even if they will. People are very against it. I think it would be good for us to have, it would take no time at all to get to London.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:27:52 )
    @Wildfire: that’s high praise for Rowling!! And I agree, she got a whole generation of kids reading. I was already a big reader but I remember the first time I read the first book, just before the movies came out. It was so fascinating to explore this world. I definitely remember feeling that the HP books were a game changer for children’s literature.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:27:56 )
@Totalanimefan: omg yes! I spent nearly $300 on food the other day and the comments from the kids? - "wow, it barely looks like you went shopping". And it's not like I'm buying high-end ingredients or anything other than just...you know... food. /dead/ /frustrated/ /annoyed/ /trying not to think about it/

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:30:47 )
@sunny: lol - I suppose it is, but really, it's just my memories of and experiences with the literature at the time (I was an adult when those books came out. Yes, I'm old - lol). I remember feeling like I had already read everything "worth" reading, and was getting really tired of stupid editing errors and inconsistencies with plot and storyline, characters, etc...

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:31:34 )
@Wildfire: Yeah, it is. it's in early access right now, so it's still potentially a little buggy, and the controls are a little weird to me, but it's a good game. it's heavily text based, but it's got a cute story at least.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:31:37 )

@sunny: I've learned that lots of people don't like change, or they don't want change if it doesn't directly benefit them. It's weird lol
Although Virgin/Avanti trains are great, there are faster trains and those are good for both business and fun. Also good for people to commute from Birmingham to London.

@Wildfire: Wow, kids talking smack XD Tell them they have to get the stuff next week. jk jk
It really has been super expensive. I've pretty much cut out all meat. I will have it once in a while or when I'm eating out. Mostly been making veggies, soups, salads and egg based meals lately.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:35:24 )
    @Wildfire: it’s interesting to think of it from an adult perspective. The books really came along at the right time, to really inject some oomph into lit, especially fantasy lit. There’s a reason JKR won all the Hugo’s and other awards.

@Totalanimefan: yeah they are very reluctant to change unfortunately:( they are also concerned about the destruction of our greenery and fields etc, but we have plenty of those lol. We need to modernise our rail and this is the way forward.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:36:40 )

@sunny: Agree with you. And it takes away very little greenery. Widening a highway does far more.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:38:21 )
    @Totalanimefan: it really does :( but I can’t see an end to all the protests. People have a one track mind about it, it will probably be a while yet until it is finished. But when it is I will have so many adventures to London! It will be fun :)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:41:27 )
@Alorrena: It sounds like more of a story than a game, the way you describe it...

@Totalanimefan: lol... they were just making observations. I think everyone has been adjusting their eating habits lately. Food is insanely expensive these days... like double what it was a year ago, which was already higher than the year or so before that...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:44:16 )
@sunny: yes -exactly. She wrote an incredible story, with a lot of encompassing and engaging elements... things that literature really needed at the time. It was like all the writers had forgotten how to write... or something. It was honestly a little weird... o_0 Since those books came out, I have seen/felt improvement, instead of the decline they were falling in to before.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:47:43 )
    @Wildfire: true true, literature has really improved since HP got popular. I see a lot of up and coming writers and they are so impressive with their storytelling. It’s like a new light was shone on literature.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.