Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day 2022: Spring Cleaning! Spring Cleaning: The Dust Wars Event FAQ (+ Raffle Hangout!)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:48:57 )

@sunny: I think I'm good to look up the progress. I would think it will be done in a few years?

@Wildfire: Exactly. I'm learning to how to make new things (often cheaper) and stuff that will go further. Started cooking lentils last year and I think they are really good! I don't know if you guys eat them.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:50:44 )
    @Totalanimefan: yes a few years sounds about right. I wonder how much money has been spent towards it already, without any profit yet :/

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:53:42 )
@sunny: Yes - I really think she reset the bar. It's a good thing. And even after all this time, the books and the story still holds up just fine.

@Totalanimefan: lol - yes, we eat lentils. We eat a lot of different things. I make dahl with them, and lately I have been making a lentil & quinoa mix with them in the Instant Pot that's pretty hearty and balanced for an easy one-pot meal. They can be pretty versatile.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:54:38 )
    @Wildfire: they do! In my reread, I’m finding they are just as good as I remember. Not perfect, but close enough :)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:55:37 )

@sunny: Projects like this always cost a lot no matter what, but yeah I'm sure that it was a lot. I'm reading an article about it from late 2021. I didn't know the Leeds part was scraped. Looks like MPs are not thinking about the North like always. At least the Manchester link will stay. I think that's pretty important. It's probably the biggest city in the north, and it's only expanding. Have you ever been there? I like that city.

@Wildfire: I love Dahl! I think it's soo good. I have it with couscous that I make with curry spices. ^^ Lentil and Quinoa sounds good too. How many mouths do you have to feed over there?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 21:57:51 )
    @Totalanimefan: I haven’t been to Manchester, though I’ve wanted to go for a while. I was just starting to really take tourism seriously when COVID hit and I couldn’t go anywhere;( I should start travelling again. Have you been to Manchester? I have been to Liverpool, but never to Preston.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 22:04:07 )
@sunny: That's good to know. Have you seen the movies? Sometimes, because movies do what movies do (make sh*t up!), although still fairly accurate to the books (in this case), they can "warp" the storyline just enough to mess with your memory of the actual written book. Or so it seems to me, anyway... that could be why there might be the slightest disconnect between your memory and what you're reading now, maybe...??

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 22:05:05 )

@Wildfire: Yep :3
I like days like these so is been a pretty relaxing but humid day~

@totalanimefan: Well I told myself I'll get 3 sketches done today but after finishing my 2nd one I'm pooped x.x
Maybe I'll work on the third one later tonight but I'll try to post more often here now.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 22:06:57 )
@Totalanimefan: Dahl is pretty awesome, isn't it? I usually make rice with the dahl if I make it... not much a fan of most pastas, including couscous for some reason.

........mouths to feed... here, usually 3-4 of us these days... but 2-3 of these mouths are also "growing" young men. Ok... 1-2 of them are growing young men. The other one is my husband who just likes to eat whatever I cook. He's a nightmare for trying to keep leftovers around, I'm tellin' ya! XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 22:08:22 )
@Purpsy: I'm glad you've had a pretty good day :3

... I should go cook something for dinner... I might bbl... or not, depending on how distracted (or tired) I get after I'm done cooking. XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 22:10:00 )

@sunny: Yeah lots of times. My husband worked there when we lived in Preston. Obvs been to Preston, that's where I lived and where UCLan was. His family is from Merseyside so I've been to Liverpool a lot too. I like Manchester better (but don't tell his family that lolol)
The friends I was showing around live in Greater Manchester too. They are from Preston, but both moved there for work. My husband and the husband of the couple that was just here used to work together. The 4 of us used to hang out a lot. I had an 18-25 rail card back then so it wasn't expensive to get the train. The train between the two is slow and old and making me feel motion sick though.
Lots of good food and pretty sites in Manchester ^^

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 22:10:25 )

@Wildfire: Alright :3
Have a yummy dinner! And I'll be 99% will get distracted too for awhile also as always lel

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 22:10:38 )

@Purpsy: Wow 3 in one day seems like a lot. I think that 2 is still a lot too. ^^ You worked hard on that today.

@Wildfire: That must be tough. Lots of boys to feed.
Dahl is good with rice too. It's also good if you make it a little more soupy and then dip naan in it!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 22:18:58 )
    @Wildfire: yeah I’ve seen the movies, quite a lot actually. They’re on TV pretty often, so I must have watched them a dozen times. They’re good movies but yeah they warp the story somewhat. I wish they would make a Netflix adaptation or something, that is more faithful to the books.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 22:19:44 )
@Wildfire: it's a story heavy game, that's for sure, but it's definitely still a game. it's cute though, maybe check out some gameplay on youtube if you get the chance or if you want to.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 22:22:26 )
    @Totalanimefan: I will have to add Manchester to my list of places to go. It is only a short trip on the train. Tho trains are super expensive nowadays! It’s crazy how expensive trains are these days…..

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 22:23:05 )

@sunny: Yeah I saw how much the tickets are. They have really gone up in the last year. What about the bus?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 22:23:28 )

@Totalanimefan: Well their "quick" drawings pfft xD
That takes a nearly an hour or two each... sigh I'm jealous to any artist that can draw so fast lol

But ty now I must walk around a bit, my ass is hurting for sitting down for too long

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 22:24:13 )

Actually brb must wash the dishes~

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 22:25:29 )
    @Totalanimefan: the bus is still the same, as far as I’ve noticed. I pay by contactless and don’t actually know how much they cost exactly. How are prices in the US?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.