Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day 2022: Spring Cleaning! Spring Cleaning: The Dust Wars Event FAQ (+ Raffle Hangout!)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 15:53:49 )
    @Wildfire: I bet, they can be scary. Do you get them constantly during storm season? Like non stop?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 16:01:04 )
@sunny: No... not non-stop. The typical pattern is that we get a small storm (thunder or not) in the afternoon - usually around 3pm every day. They typically last about 15 minutes, then go on to someplace else. Sometimes we get whopping storms with "white out" type conditions and lots of thunder and lightning and rain coming down in sheets (these are scary - especially if you happen to be driving), but even when a hurricane comes nearby, it's amazing how tenacious the sun is - it always wants to come out and shine around here!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 16:04:38 )
    @Wildfire: that sounds wild, but I guess you get used to it. I imagine it is pretty dangerous to drive in those conditions!!
    Don’t they call Florida the sunshine state?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 16:15:56 )
@Wildfire: That sounds like a lot of fun actually! That's really cool that he's in a band. Just curious if you don't mind me asking, what part of Florida are you in? I'm in Central Fl. I've been finding a few people i talk to on here live in FL and it surprises me every time, since it's not something i'm used to lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 16:18:34 )
@sunny: Yeah, it's honestly pretty horrible to try driving in those conditions - you seriously can't see a damn thing, but pulling over isn't really an option either. All you can really do is go slow and keep driving until you get out from under that spot. But yes, Florida is called the Sunshine State... and the Lightning capital. The sun is out more often than not.

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 16:18:55 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Hello! hows everybody doing? im suprised we didnt reach 55 yet but its been quiet slow so welp

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 16:21:45 )
@Alorrena: Oh, I don't mind - I'm in the Tampa Bay area. Are you central like Orlando area or one side or the other? Yeah, for whatever reason, there are a LOT of Floridians on Voltra. It is weird... it's not just you. Have you been here long, or are you a recent transplant?

@GoblinsAndTea: *waves* Nope - no page 55 yet, but we're working on it :3

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 16:26:10 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

yea i see its close!(ish)

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 16:32:28 )
@Wildfire: I live near sanford in Volusia county. I lived in orlando for a year and actually just moved back to this area last month. I've lived in florida since 2016, and before i lived in idaho (where i grew up).

@GoblinsAndTea: Hello! Yeah, it's been a quiet few hours.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 16:42:05 )
@GoblinsAndTea: ... ish. We should be almost on page 54 now... so 55 is definitely do-able :3

@Alorrena: aaaah... so you're about 2-3 hours away, depending on whether I-4 is the route, and what that looks like on any given day XD You're not too far. How do you like it, now that you've been here for a couple of years?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 16:45:04 )
We are getting closer and closer to things. So exciting!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 16:48:57 )
@Vynndoria: ...things...?? ... like the next page unlock? Yes, we're getting close! - we have just a little more than one more page to go at this point!!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 17:14:32 )
    @Wildfire: oh man, i find driving scary in any capacity, never mind in a storm!
    Sorry I disappeared for a while there, I’m back at my place now. I am hoping to get dinner, work on my novel, and sleep early, hopefully in that order XD I think for dinner I will have tomato soup, I’m not particularly hungry. I’ll have some fruit later if I get hungry, but probably not.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 17:30:17 )
@Wildfire: I don't mind it, the heat sucks and i miss snow, but i don't mind it here. The people here sure are interesting though, and it was a little bit of a culture shock for me with how a lot of people act here. They're very aggressive for no reason. Also, my husband doesn't like when i honk the horn when i'm driving "Because that's how you get shot." which was different cause in idaho you use your horn to tell people they're being unsafe and it's not considered "dangerous". I just googled it and the crime rates here are about double what they are in Boise, so again, culture shock. People are wild. Also the way everyone drives here? jeeze!!! It took me like 2 or 3 years to be comfortable driving on I4 with the way people don't signal when changing lanes or the people that weave in and out of traffic.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 17:37:19 )
@sunny: lol... yeah, these can be scary storms. Usually though, they're avoidable, and if you're out somewhere and find yourself in one, it usually passes in a few minutes, so hanging out in the car in the parking lot is a good option. The only issue is if you're on the road and there's no place to get off safely.
I'm glad you're home safely. It sounds like you have a relaxing night ahead of you - I hope the writing goes well for you. :3

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 17:39:24 )
    @Wildfire: oh that’s good that the storms pass quickly!
    Yeah, I’m not sure how much writing I’m going to get done, I’m pretty sleepy, but I’ll give it a go :)
    How is your garden looking today?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 17:40:56 )
@Alorrena: ROFL! People are aggressive here? Yes, they definitely can be, but, imo, it's nothing compared to the cities going up the east coast!! I'm convinced the crazy drivers are because people come here literally from everywhere else... so there's no real pattern to the traffic or standards for driving, which breeds chaos. Add in a snowbird or vacationer or two and that's a recipe for absolutely crazy traffic... and I still use my horn when necessary... but probably not as much as you're used to doing in Idaho...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 17:43:56 )
@sunny: Yeah, the storms tend to zoom by. I'm tellin' ya - the sun is persistent here! It really likes to strut its stuff!! XD <3

I'm a little tired atm too... restless, dog and thunderstorm broken sleep is to blame, I think...

The garden... let's see... I grabbed three tomatoes, one okra, and one jalapeno pepper from the garden today, but I'm thinking there are bugs or something going on that I need to identify and address... a couple of my plants are not looking too happy, despite all the water they just got from the storms. Most of the garden looks pretty happy though :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 17:46:22 )
@Wildfire: Yeah people are aggressive lol and not always in a bad way either. Like they can be aggressively nice too. it's weird lol Also i think you're right about why there's so many crazy drivers! I use my horn when i feel the need, but i tend to use it less when Tyi is in the car because i don't wanna stress him out.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 17:46:33 )
one more page!
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.