Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Halloween Traditions?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 19:54:36 )
Most likely I'm going to marathon some horror movies, no idea which ones just yet. Probably The Haunting (1963), Ouiji: Origin of Evil, Exorcism of Emily Rose, and whatever else I feel like adding to the list.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 21:35:58 )
Halloween is my busy season, so it's work work work from the end of August til about midway through October.

I enjoy the work, though. Gives me the ability to flex my creative muscles and make some cool stuff that I normally wouldn't. Oh, and lots of money to be made from it, but that's more of a by-product.

Otherwise, I like to decorate around the house a bit and browse Pinterest for Halloween recipe ideas that I'll, naturally, never do.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 22:08:29 )
@Boris: "It's my candy." Haha!
It isn't very often anymore that I miss being a kid, holidays though still make me nostalgic for my childhood. Halloween was spooky and frightful, Christmas was magical. They change to mean something else when you are older.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 22:47:26 )
@Boris: The holidays this year are more exciting for me because my son is finally at that age where he is getting interested in them. Before now they were just another day to him. But now he comes up to me and just giggles and claps over the idea of Halloween and Christmas. So now I get to see how magical these holidays can be to him.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 23:25:38 )
@Boris: He'll be four next spring. So far he hasn't actually dressed up for Halloween or even gone out. I just didn't see the point since he wouldn't have remebered it anyway. This will be his first year and I'll leave the deciding up to him on what he wants to dress up as. Though I think my husband and I are going to attempt Mortician and Gomez Addams.
Please @ me.
My mind wanders so that ensures I come back.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 06:46:51 )
I watch all the horror movies ^^ And I dress up xD Don't care how old I am lol. This year I'm going as a cat. So gotta buy fluffy ears, fluffy tail and a few other extra bits lol. Got most of it picked out, just gotta wait for the money xD
|

Voltie — She/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 07:21:25 )
I either watch sci-fi horror movies with my dad or i watch them by myself. depending on if i can or not i also sometimes volunteer at local charity haunted houses for fun ^_^

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 09:41:22 )

[x]

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 09:53:45 )
I wish that I could still trick or treat lol
One year I made pumpkins with a friend, but we are 3000+ miles away from each other so we can't :(

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 09:54:33 )
Oh I forgot to say that I do like that when it's Halloween that means that Thanksgiving is just around the corner. I think that people don't appreciate that holiday enough. (Then is Christmas)
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 10:13:04 )

[x]

pls don't

Voltie — What? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 19:26:28 )
Last year I forgot Halloween existed oops. Was too busy with midterms to even feel it. Usually Iwould volunteer at a Halloween event for kids. Because last year I couldn't, I plan on doing it this year again. Just signing up for something across campus or something. As per usual, I love watching the Halloween movies that come on, which is always fun~

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.