Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/22 16:13:39 )

@Alorrena: It's ok. Sounds like a lot of moving, but hopefully it won't be too overwhelming this time.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/22 16:17:51 )

@DreamerZ: Haha I try, it helps with my anxiety levels lol

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/23 10:27:43 )
@Totalanimefan: it shouldn't be. It will hopefully be our last move before we buy a house. There's a lot of stuff happening with WDW vs the state of florida, so its possible that the state will royally mess up, causing the orlando area and central florida's housing market to basically crash. the state is trying to revoke WDW's municipality rights, which means that WDW won't be able to operate at their level of quality and have threatened to leave the state if the government goes through with the legislation. It's a big mess actually.

@dreamerz: oh, we just kept forgetting. I told her tonight though. She's cool with it. She forgot to tell us that she invited family over next month for the last week in may because it's her parent's aniversary on the 28th (idk which one) though, so we'll have to put up with them. I have a feeling that while i'm not home (i'm planning on getting another job) Tyikee will either be locking himself in the room or will be out of the house. He doesn't get along with some of the family that will be staying with us. I don't think i've met them, so i will also be locking myself in the room or not being home. It's going to be a lot of people at one time in a not big enough house.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/23 17:49:20 )
@Totalanimefan: We haven't gotten snow in like three days and it's supposed to get up to 70, then back down to 40, next week sometime. How about you? What's it like to have nice weather? Haha!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/23 23:26:52 )

@Alorrena: Yeah I've been following the whole thing. It's a real shit show.

@SorrowTheMad: Wow, a whole 3 days in April lol. Today's weather was really nice, but while I was out I randomly had GI issues. I don't know if I was something I ate or a long covid issue. If it doesn't happen again I guess it was what I ate. How's your weekend going ?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/24 04:11:22 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah, the sad thing is i don't think a lot of desantis supporters realize that WDW can and will relocate without taking too much of a hit. Disney fans come from all over the world, DeSantis supporters are only in FL. Disney fan's don't care where it's at, and i think WDW would be better off in a slightly more temperate climate that's not so miserable in the summer anyways. i don't know about you, but when it's hot outside i don't want to be around people or outside. However, now i'm thinking about disney and i wanna go back so bad :[

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/24 04:57:15 )

@Alorrena: Yes to all points. Although it does cost money and time to move, Disney has it.
I think he doesn't really care too much either, but he wants to get back at them and Florida's people will suffer in the crossfire. He wants to remain the in media, national media, because I think he's going to run for President. It's better for him that he's in the spotlight and people know his name, even if he is horrible.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/24 09:50:36 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, i think my roommate said something about DeSantis wanting to basically be the next Trump. I just hope America is smart enough to not put him in a position of higher power because he's so horrible. Like, i don't really follow politics, so when something happens and people around me are talking about it (including my mom, clear across the country in idaho), i become aware, and that's saying something. It would be another thing if it was mentioned once, but it's an ongoing conversation in my home. it's been brought up literally every day this week.

I can't wait to move next week. i'm not like super stressed right now, but at least at the new place we can have a working AC and i can get a proper job out there. i think i may try to take a week to get settled before i start really applying places though. Fortunately, pretty much everywhere is hiring. I wonder if my friend could help me get a work from home job like she has. That would be nice.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/24 15:54:19 )

@Alorrena: wfh jobs are better so I hope you can get one.
Yeah I heard about that too. I feel like I don’t want to think about the 2024 election T-T

Good luck with your move. My moving date is May 17th.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/24 17:32:05 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah our weather has sucked. We've finally gotten above 50 but it's been raining since yesterday morning so it's all icky stuff. Lol.

It's going pretty well. We finally got mom's Mustangs out of the garage (hers and the one I drive which is also hers, but also mine, but also hers lol) and the battery was dead so i had to drive around for a couple hours to recharge the battery after we got it jumped. And yes, I'm aware how dumb it is to have TWO vehicles that you can only drive for a portion of the year in Minnesota, but she doesn't listen lol. How was your weekend?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/24 20:22:22 )
Howdy howdy, everyone!

Wonder when our next event will be?
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/24 21:57:10 )
@Totalanimefan: i totally admire it about ya. It's like me when creating a character. Some i have in mind way before their story arc lol.

@Alorrena: i totally get that. Esp the too many in the house part, given i disappear to myself too when ma does that. So i empathize.

sry for my absense, loves

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/25 00:17:56 )
@Totalanimefan: honestly, same. I was scared for our country when trump was voted into office, and i'm scared for the country if desantis is president.
Yeah, work from home jobs are great. I'd have a hard time with it though because i'm not really self motivated, but at least there would be some structure with it. I remember when i was in high school. i tried taking an online summer school class and i failed it because i don't have the self discipline to not get distracted. The structure of actually being in a classroom was the only way i could learn. When i was in college, one of my foreign language classes had a huge online portion and i ended up dropping the class because i didn't have enough structure to keep up in the class. I feel like at least with a work from home job, if it's like a call center at least, i would be okay though. The metrics and schedules for those type of jobs are a bit more rigid, anyway.

@dreamerz: I have bad anxiety, and a lot of time that manifests in avoidance whenever possible. Actually, even just with going to hang out with friends sometimes. Like i'll make plans and end up canceling because i get too anxious. So to have people i've never met, or have only met once in my home is a bit much. So i'll definitely want to be in my room or out of the house if i can.

No worries about being absent, life happens. <3

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/25 08:14:27 )
@Alorrena: i completely understand. I wish my family would. i'd likely be thought of as rude by my mother though who still doesn't get not everyone's a social butterfly. Esp a person who tends to keep to themself like me. I'm even worse when its new ppl bc it feels so forced if i speak. Doesnt help im the quiet 1 of a loud family

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/25 10:09:35 )
@DreamerZ: I totally get that. my mom used to be like that too until i explained to her that she doesn't have to deal with any "fallout" if i'm rude, she can just refer people to me if they have a problem with me. And if/when that happens, i just explain to them that i have bad anxiety and my mental health means more to me than them perceiving me as being rude. Later on in life my mom started understanding me a bit better through the help of counselors and PSR workers.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/25 16:01:47 )

@Totalanimefan: ooooof sorry i've been busy irl. i do not have a fave nba team. i don't really keep up lol
    @DreamerZ: yes, you should do them. i need to find a new chiropractor that's going to give me more feedback and homework to do. they do an okay job with adjusting but i keep watching these chiropractor videos and they do a lot of good stuff elsewhere.

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/25 17:22:33 )

@SorrowTheMad: Some people just love certain types of cars, and you can't tell them otherwise lol
Your weather has been so badly lately, hope it turns around soon. Do you get seasonal depression? (I do)

@Aisukohi: Oh that will be exciting. I always like the spring event. I was about to say it's probably a ways off, but then I remembered that it tends to happen in May. I kinda hope it's something to do with flowers again, but we do have a lot of items based around that. XD What do you want to see?

@DreamerZ: Thanks. To me fair I'm like this because it helps with my anxiety haha. How have you been?

@Alorrena: -nods in agreement-
I see what you mean. For me, I hate waking up early to commute, I can stay motivated as long as I get more sleep haha. But what you experience is totally common. I'm the odd person out for being this way lol. How's the packing going?

@Bonnie: It's no probs. I get busy in rl too. Has work been really busy? Or more like, you need more time to chill. I've been playing a lot of Rune Factory 5, so I haven't been on Voltra as much ^^;

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/25 21:53:52 )
@Alorrena: damn i wish my mom took it like that. Glad it went ok.

@Totalanimefan: Well its a good habit to have. If i dont do what you do i become a mess w/ plans. Stressed, mad, etc...

@Bonnie: i try. i'm a lil scared im not better though u.u

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/25 22:12:08 )
@Totalanimefan: hahaha, packing. Right. I'm supposed to be doing that lol Well, you see.... I lost my tape and i know it's somewhere so i don't want to buy another roll. So i've been procrastinating. Tomorrow i'll find it or if i can't find it tomorrow, then wednesday i'll go buy another roll so i can focus on packing thursday and most of friday (still have DND on fridays), and saturday i'll bring all of my boxes to the living room so they're ready to go sunday when the movers come.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/25 22:20:21 )
@Aisukohi: just saw your post! Ooh, an event! I've yet to experience an event here! Total mentioned the sping event ususally happening in may, which is awesome because may happens to be my birthmonth! :D

@dreamerz: Yeah, my mom's pretty understanding when it comes to mental health too because my oldest sibling is autistic and has a whole slew of mental health issues, including anxiety and depression. I was the easy child lol. I also may or may not be my mom's favorite. I also may or may not be my dad's favorite too, but it's hard to tell because he has 2 more offspring than my mom and 3 step kids. Honestly i think it's a tie between me and my youngest sister (who just got out of a mentally abusive relationship that caused a rift between me and her. it's sad and disappointing, but she's not very strong minded to begin with so it was easy for him to manipulate her. There's a whole lot to unpack there. lots of drama.) because she's the baby but she has her fair share of mental health issues but she just had the first grandbaby march 27th. So i think because of that right now she's the favorite.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.