Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/15 00:56:44 )
@DreamerZ: Sorry about your arm, but glad you have something to make you smile! :) Everyone deserves that (so long as they're not hurting anyone, of course).

@Alorrena: Aww, so sorry you got Covid, but at least you're sick together!! That's what I was grateful for when my household got sick, but also we're vaccinated so it wasn't as horrendous as it could have been. Er, my son's not old enough to be vaccinated, but luckily he had the least amount and least severe symptoms. I'm glad you have plenty of meds to help you through! I was very grateful for the nighttime Mucinex since that knocked me right out and kept me asleep to get rest at night. xD

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/15 01:19:22 )
@Aisukohi: that's super lucky! yeah, i'm grateful that we got it at the same time. My hubby was not vaccinated because he has a phobia of needles, so i think he's had it the worst so far. My roommate that brought it into the house had it in august and had it way worse then than he did this time around. our other roommate was vaxxed and it didn't seem to really phase him, but he's always in his room. Hubby and i basically live in the livingroom because half of our room is boxes (we moved from a full house to a bedroom. we can't unpack everything, so most of our stuff is in boxes still) and the other half is our bed and dresser. I think that's the biggest reason we got sick. If Mucinex did anything for me i'd be taking that too, but it does absolutely nothing except taste bad.
i think the worst part of covid for me so far other than my left side of my sinuses hurting pretty bad is the fact that i can't vape (yes, i know unhealthy blah blah blah. but i enjoy it.)

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/15 01:31:50 )
@Alorrena: That sucks about your husband's fear of needles, but my kid can relate lol. Hope you all have a safe and speedy recovery though! Thinking back, the Mucinex didn't help me get rid of mucus, but it did just about everything else it was supposed to do, which was getting rid of my mild fever and knocking me out lol. It really does taste terrible, but can't complain if it helps me in some way. I think my worst symptoms were my cough and lack of appetite because I lost my sense of taste a bit. And just as I thought I was getting my appetite back toward the end, I suddenly felt nauseated? It was weird because I hadn't felt nauseated at all up until that point, but I'm just glad it's all over. This was back in late January/early February that I had it. We're pretty sure my son brought it home from school since he was the first to show symptoms and we did a couple days later.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/15 01:56:06 )
@Aisukohi: ah yeah. i get that. I'm taking theraflu to help with my symptoms when i'm ready to sleep. I like it because it's little "tea" packets. it's a little bitter, but nothing a tablespoon of sugar or honey couldn't fix. it helps sinus congestion, runny nose, fever, body aches, and i think sore throat pain. It doesn't help with cough, but that's what the medicine the Dr prescribed is for. i've actually noticed a little difficulty swallowing sometimes. it feels like it just won't go down, like my muscles don't wanna do their job. it doesn't happen all the time, but often enough that it's concerning. I've also noticed that if i'm laying down and need to burp, i'll get a little nauseous until i sit up and am able to burp. It's weird, but i think it's because one of the possible symptoms or side effects of covid is your throat muscles relaxing so it can be difficult to swallow, and i think because of that my body just went, "oh, can't swallow? then you can't regulate what comes up either so just incase it's not gas, imma make you a bit nauseous until you sit up!"

The roommate that brought it into the house works in Disney Springs, and is public facing, so that's definitely where he got it.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/15 13:32:23 )
Bonnie:

@Wildfire: hey there~

Hey there. Hi there. Ho there! XD
How are you?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/16 00:09:24 )

@Aisukohi: hey it’s nice to see you. I managed to write an essay this week even though I have brain fog.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/16 00:13:19 )

@DreamerZ: I don’t like driving either.
How are you doing?

@Alorrena: I’m so sorry you have Rona. That really sucks. I have a needle phobia too but I was able to get 2 shots. I hope that your husband will be ok. If you guys don’t have a blood oxygen reader you really need one.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/16 00:20:21 )
@Alorrena: I'll have to remember to try Theraflu next time I get symptoms for it. I hear it's good. I usually don't mind bitter things depending on the intensity. For example, I love matcha without any sweetener, but I don't mind sweetener here and there. The nausea makes sense, but that sucks about your throat not functioning properly. That reminds me I need to sign up for my work's free telehealth program so I can use it.

I feel like Covid is always going to be around, regardless of how many vaccines they come out with, and because we're social creatures, I feel like most everyone will get it at some point. I love the Disney Springs area though. <3 I don't get to go often, but I love walking around eating and shopping lol.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/16 00:21:02 )
@Totalanimefan: Brain fog is the worst, but glad you got your essay done! How long did it have to be?
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/16 15:37:17 )

@Aisukohi: I think it was about 3 pages.
If someone hasn't had Rona in a long time, or never had Rona, it's easier to get it. Omicron is as infectious as the measles.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/16 23:59:02 )
@Totalanimefan: I know it's been a few days since I last commented, but how are you both doing today? Is everything going better for both of you?

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/17 02:35:47 )
@Alorrena: -hugs tight- wishing you well

@Aisukohi: thank ya. Been flexing it daily trying to get its strength back. Hits harder bc I'm handicap. But, I agree. You seem nice n,n

@Totalanimefan: fine mostly lol.... Are you alright.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/17 11:12:52 )
@Totalanimefan: My doctor said the strain we have isn't really effecting the lungs as much as the previous strains, and is more head cold symptoms, so that's good. Tyi still has a cough and his throat gunk chokes him at night if he sleeps laying flat, so he's still on the couch for now. I'm feeling a LOT better today. Not 100% but i think in a day or two i'll be good (thanks for vaccine antibodies!). I'm hoping tyi is okay soon too. I'm not even using theraflu any more, just my inhaler when i come up stairs from taking my roommate to work, and the flonase when i wake up. great improvement!

@aisukohi: Definitely! Take advantage of those benefits! And yes, i agree, Covid is going to be around for a while, kind of like the flu. Theraflu was great for me. It's one of the only cold medicines I like, actually.

@dreamerz: -hugs tightly back- Thanks! i'm feeling much better!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/17 20:45:04 )

@Alorrena: agreed. I’m still struggling with the stairs too but it’s getting better. I’m glad that you seem to be healing fast.
@DreamerZ: mostly. Yesterday I was able to get out and go to an outdoor festival. It was fun and very tiring.
@SorrowTheMad: better for sure but still a cough and some tiredness.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/17 22:10:48 )
@Totalanimefan: me too. Tyi and i are missing out on easter dinner with his family today which sucks cause they make really good food. His grandpa is italian so he usually makes some sort of pasta dish like lasagna or baked ziti. one time he made stuffed shells. it was really good. Speaking of his family, we're moving in with his mom for a little bit while she transitions into her parent's house. Gram has dementia, and it's getting bad and mom wants to be living there to help them out, but also to save money, i think. Honestly, if she was just moving right away then tyi and i wouldn't be able to rent the house she's in cause we only have one income at the moment, so i'm grateful that she's willing to transition into her parent's house. i'm hoping that transition takes at least 2 months, because by then Tyikee and i can both be working and have some play money (mostly to buy furniture lol).

today i was able to make it up the stairs without struggling too much. i didn't even need my inhaler when i got inside.
i'm glad to hear you're doing a bit better too. Covid recovery is rough, and i'm at the point where i'm just getting annoyed by it.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/18 00:12:48 )

@Alorrena: I’m sorry you couldn’t celebrate Easter with others that’s sad.
I feel the same about the stairs. Today is like the first day I felt like I was ok at the stairs. I hope that our recoveries are quick!

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/18 07:49:19 )
@Alorrena: So happy you are any updates? Husband ok?

@Totalanimefan: You 2 are so strong. Glad you were able to go out.

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/18 14:29:45 )

@DreamerZ: thanks <3 did I tell you we are moving? Just 3 miles up the road but we are lol
How was your weekend?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/18 16:42:04 )

@Totalanimefan: they are very funny too. i love finding myself on british tiktok
    @DreamerZ: I am so sorry to hear that! ;c Is it just bruised or is it more severe?

sorry i was very remote for the easter holidays.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/18 16:42:42 )

@Wildfire: hello friend~ how was your easter?

bloop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.