Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/12 16:00:31 )

@Bonnie: Well they had it before they came, and we kinda got it on the tail end of them having it, cause like day 2-3 they stopped (mostly) being sick, but the rest of us got sick at the same time. I think they are ok? Haven't heard any updates. I'm worried about my husband's dad since it's 78, but the only update I have is that 'he is full of cold' (they are British)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/12 16:14:45 )

@Totalanimefan: them british have weird ways with words LOL; they always kill me on tiktok when i come across british tiktok

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/12 20:38:51 )

@Bonnie: Yes. And sometimes it's just small things, but you are like what?
Like "Mind the Gap" instead of "Watch Your Step"
"Moved House" instead of "Moving" or "I moved"
And there are so many other little ones too.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/12 22:01:17 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, it was. now if i'm left alone i'll sleep at least 12 hours no problem. i also tend to do this thing where i'll wake up and decide i'm not ready to wake up yet, and go back to sleep.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 00:36:43 )

@Alorrena: That happens to me at first light in the morning if I'm not wearing my sleeping mask. I'm pretty sensitive to light. I don't want blackout curtains though because I would never wake up. I joke that I'm solar powered.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 04:46:07 )
@Alorrena: omg never heard of em, but, that sounds amazing.

@Bonnie: -hugs- welcome back

@Totalanimefan: Always amused me w/ the irony...
Tourist: "I wanna visit florida!"
Floridians: "Why..."

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 06:51:55 )
@Totalanimefan: i get that. i'm sensitive to light changes, but if it's gradual and isn't too bright then it doesn't bother me. for me it's more noise that i'm sensitive to. like, i have a box fan in my room mostly because of the noise it makes drowns out the noises outside my room for the most part. half the time its really cold in my room and tyi asks if i want the fan off and one time i said yes and regretted it immediately. our roommate that's room is next to ours has a loud voice that carries well, and he works from home during "normal people hours" when tyi and i tend to be sleeping. so that fan saved my sleep on many occasions. Also any noise that is louder than my fan or the sound of the bedroom door opening wakes me up quite efficiently.

@DreamerZ: they are so good and i am sad because i am out of them. i did just find out that walmart and target sell the coconut ones (Ferrero Raffello) by themselves in a bag of 15 pieces for like $6, so i will probably get more soon.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 12:24:55 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm really sorry you're going through this right now Total :( Shouldn't be too much longer though, I'm sure. Rest well while you can.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 14:44:55 )

@DreamerZ: Haha it is a nice place to visit, especially in the winter. It's more like it's hard to get a well paying job and it's hard to own a house. ^^;

@Alorrena: My family is a box fan family. I'm the one that needs it the least, but the windows in my current place let all of the sound through, so I do need some noise so I can stay asleep and not wake up because I hear someone outside walking down the street. I have an air purifier that makes a nice noise, so I use that. I can't wait to have a ceiling fan in my next place. They don't make that much noise but I love the gentle breeze and they are like anti-stale air. There are times where I'm not really too hot or cold but the air just feels so stagnant and I hate it. XD

@SorrowTheMad: Thank you <3 I was able to write half an essay yesterday! Took me like 12 hours with breaks (which is really slow for me) but I was able to do something. My husband has a post-COVID Omicron symptom. He had a stomach acid problem for 4 days, didn't go away no matter what. Had to go to the Dr about it. Turns out it's a common Omicron thing and they don't know how long it will last. Could be a month, could be forever, they just don't have the data. I hope I don't get that too. Mine is more like brain fog and coughing a lot. Oh and we both can't even climb the stairs. We feel like we just ran for 10 mins. That one is probably the worst.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 17:18:47 )

@Totalanimefan: it's really interesting. and all of the different accents send me into orbit. i hate when people mock them but it's so funny sometimes. i know it's not right to laugh but i can't help it.
    @DreamerZ: how have you been friend? i hope you've been sleeping well!

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 19:17:21 )

@Bonnie: British people make fun of British people all the time. It's apart of their culture. Sometimes they get testy when Americans do it, but I don't see the difference.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 03:17:16 )
@Alorrena: lol go crazy. Do you have a favorite M&M?

@Totalanimefan: Aint that the truth. it's pretty much the "Foreign places are great till ya live there," effect.

@Bonnie: I have been. I took a blow to the shoulder last night... Now my arm's weak. My luck..

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 03:46:18 )

@DreamerZ: haha so true. Doesn’t help that everything in FL is so far apart. When I go back to where I used to live it’s still like a 40 min drive to see my friends.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 04:15:57 )
@Totalanimefan: true, and don't get me started on traffic

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 15:18:42 )

@DreamerZ: Traffic can be worse in other places, but it's the traffic + the distance that sucks. Like nothing is really that close.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 23:36:54 )
Hey guys! Been a while since I was here last. How's everyone been?

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/15 00:18:13 )
@Totalanimefan: doesn't help i'm no fan of car rides lol

@Aisukohi: well hi there. A lot happened, so, I never introduced myself. Hello, I'm Z. How are you??

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/15 00:42:37 )
@DreamerZ: Hello! You can call me Aisu or Kohi if you like. :) I'm doing well though. How about you?
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/15 00:47:13 )
@Aisukohi: other than a pilled/sprained arm, i'm well. Life's well usual lol. Ppl here keep me smiling though.

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/15 00:48:34 )
@dreamerz: i like the caramel ones, the pretzel ones and the mint dark chocolate ones the best.

@aisukohi: hey Aisu! i got home from my vacation on the 8th, and hubby got sick on the 9th. it took me about 4 days before i got sick.

So i have covid. Took a home test last night and went to the doctor to confirm good news, i didn't get it on my trip. Bad news, i got it from my roommate. Good news, i'm vaccinated so it shouldn't be too rough for me and currently feels like an annoying cold with lots of sinus pressure. i don't have a cough yet, but my Dr did prescribe a cough medicine for me as well as an inhaler and flonase, so i should be all set to ride this out. I also have Theraflu, but that puts me to sleep so i've kinda been avoiding taking it if i can.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.