Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I'm sad now :(

Voltie — Tenno Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 00:20:12 )

So... I was looking in my past post history trying to find someone in particular that I chatted with quite a lot.

Well, I did end up finding their profile and remembered all of the good times I've had chatting with them. Sadly, they never came back after black out (Voltra Vets know what I'm talking about) and I never heard nor seen from them again. I remembered them being on another website too, but that site doesn't exist anymore from what it seems like.

I remember making them cute pixel art too, which is probably what makes me even sadder since I have it online. :( They will be missed.

Sorry if this seems rambily, I just wanted to share it with you guys.

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 00:31:49 )
I feel that. I miss so many people I've met online. And there's just no way of knowing where they are now.

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — Tenno Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 00:35:52 )

@Shark: For sure! I wish I got their discord at least, but I didn't. Plus the website I mentioned as well, when I went on there after blackout, they never messaged me back on there.

It sucks when you loose contact with online friends you found to be special.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 00:40:03 )

@DragonicKittens: I totally feel the same! There are so many awesome people that never came back after the blackout and I miss them still. It was a lot of fun in those days, wasn't it? I do think that there are people that join sites when they are new and then when they aren't new anymore they aren't around.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 00:42:15 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh for sure! I will admit, I am pretty bad for not coming back to sites like this when they launch or not. Its mostly due to IRL stuff or things not really keeping me attached here. XD But IDK, something about them makes me come back thinking they will return, but something tells me they never will. :(

I'm actually making a character loosely based on them too.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 00:44:28 )

@DragonicKittens: Yeah there are lot of people from the before the blackout that I think they will never be back. It's been years and they haven't logged in, so I think it's a lost cause.
I think it's fine to take breaks from avatar sites. Everyone gets busy from time to time. :)

Voltie — Tenno Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 00:53:00 )

@Totalanimefan: Fair enough, its been about 5 years now, so you're probably right. :(

Oh yeah xD Its mostly work that gets me, lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 00:55:34 )

@DragonicKittens: I don't want to be right about that though T_T (And I knew it had been awhile, but crazy that 2017 was 5 years ago!)
There was a period where I wasn't around because I was working + going to school + buying a house. I had no time to be on the internet. XD

Voltie — Tenno Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 01:04:12 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah TwT (And I know, right? Crazy how time flies!)

Makes sense to me. XD Mine is mostly due to stress or just forgetting. The main platforum I'm active on these days is discord, but I think that's because that's where all of my friends are. :)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 01:18:26 )

@DragonicKittens: If only we could contact the oldbies that used to be on here. Rona messed with everyone's sense of time. 0-0
I know a lot of people that use discord so I use it too. I'm not the biggest fan but I don't mind it. It's super popular.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Tenno Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 01:25:22 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh man, I'd do the same for people on Gaia too xD And yeah, this is true on Rona.

If it isn't for my friends, its usually for CS art communities.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 03:07:06 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

its always really sad about finding friends you got super along with
end up disappearing due to life or other circumstances.
many of my old friends from many years ago either left old sites that now no longer exist,
or they don't remember who i am lol.

hopefully you'll be able to make new memories here with more people.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 08:47:28 )

I hate when that happens. :/
      I double hate it because my memory is terrible, so when I do finally remember someone it makes me feel worse. >_<
      I try to find other ways to keep in contact with peeps, just in case.
      Bless discord.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 15:30:09 )

@MoodyB: Yeah :( I don't think they'd recognize me too based on my username as well. On this site and the other site I was on, I had two different usernames. But this is also true, making memories with other people is fun as well.

@Anarchist Beauty: For sure! Sadly for me, they didn't want to give out their discord information. They had their reasons behind it though. I think they said something about their online life and personal life wanting to be separate. I respected their decision on it.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 20:46:34 )
I hear this. I'm probably dating myself here, but waaaay back when IRC was popular I chatted a lot and got to know people, specially in fandoms, and frankly everyone kinda scattered at one point. I sometimes feel the internet isn't as organized as it used to be, or maybe it just changed a lot.(Some for better, some for worse.)

Voltie — Tenno Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/15 18:12:20 )

@macsen191: For sure! So many things have changed over the years since the internet began. Heck, some changes were nice while others weren't wanted.
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.