Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 01:06:43 )

@Aisukohi: Your other siblings better get on it before the concert sells out lol
At Otakon 2019 I saw Bradio. I love them so much. They are a Japanese funk band. Thing like Bruno Mars but a little less pop-y. I had front row seats and they were super amazing. I want them back for 2022 lol.
You should go to the con! I think they are a ton of fun with friends and it's a good way to catch up.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 01:15:39 )
@Totalanimefan: I'll keep harassing him until he answers. xD I'll have to remember to check out that band. I don't listen to as much Japanese music as I used to, but would like to get back into it. I also want to watch a lot more anime this year, including newer series. Last year I went to the con with my siblings, which I would happily take again, but would be nice to go with friends too. I kiiiinda want to take my son along and cosplay as Sophie and Markl from Howl's Moving Castle since I think he'd make an adorable Markl. I just don't think he'd tolerate the events too much with him being so young and his autistic tendencies.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 01:17:23 )

@Totalanimefan: oh I absolutely getcha! We actually went over time and she really just let me speak and asked really good probing questions. I think we will get more in depth next session as well. She already gave me somethings to ponder and I'll be seeing her next week as well.
    @Aisukohi: i know which orbs you are talking about. i completely get where you are coming from! i just love period fashion so a lot of them were just my cup of tea

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 01:23:18 )
@Bonnie: Oh yes, it's not that I don't like the style at all, but I was expecting more for those types of items. Absolutely no shade on those who brought them to us though. We're all going to find items we feel pretty meh about lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 01:23:32 )

@Bonnie: That's great, it sounds like it went well? Do you like her?

@Aisukohi: That would be a cute cosplay. ^^ If the con isn't too big he might be ok? You know better than me obvs but not every con is super busy.
Recommendation for Bradio would be-
Flyers
Back To The Funk
Shiawase no Shanana
Funky Kitchen
(The albums Power of Life and Yes!)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 01:25:17 )

@Aisukohi: agreed. these crate items are different. i'm not really a fan of the yak one myself...but i know i can use the poses. I really like the other one. the name literally just escaped me while typing.
    @Totalanimefan: i think i just might! it was easy to talk to her...so we will see when we get into the nitty gritty. i did not ask her many questions and i wonder if that was selfish of me....

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 01:26:47 )

@Bonnie: It's not selfish. You aren't there to have her talk about herself, I mean, overtime you will learn about them when they try to relate to you, but you are paying for a service. :)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 01:28:45 )

@Totalanimefan: okay that makes me feel better. it's legit my very first time so i was just talking and talking and whatnot. i just didn't want to be selfish lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 01:30:15 )

@Bonnie: I TOTALLY felt the same way. I think I said something about it and she was like, it's my job to listen lol

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 01:31:47 )

@Totalanimefan: well i'm so glad we seem to have good therapists. i have had friends who had bad experiences, but i'm hopeful because this one went very well. it was actually quite easy to be MORE honest with her because she's a stranger than it was if i were to tell a very close friend.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 01:36:40 )

@Bonnie: I don't see her anymore because what we worked on had to be in person. Also I moved from CA to DC, and she can only practice in CA. I do miss her a lot. In fact, I just emailed her to see how she was. I hope that she is good.
There are some people that have bad experiences. And it's not their fault, it's up to the therapist to be a good fit and be respectful and all that.
Sometimes it's like that. Just talking without the baggage.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 01:38:58 )
@Totalanimefan: The venue is a fair size, but I think the amount of activity would overwhelm him as he doesn't like to sit still for long. Sometimes they have anime-themed quick events in the area like an art fair or something, so might look at doing that for a cosplay attempt since those events aren't typically an all-day thing. And thanks for the suggestions!

@Bonnie: I like the yak horns, but that's honestly probably the only pose I'll use from the item. I love the deer one much more, but I just bought one of each for now. Honestly I always love more animal-themed items to make anthropomorphic avis since it's rare for me to make more humanoid ones lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 01:41:37 )

@Aisukohi: Oh I see. Would he like the artists alley or would that be too much for him?
No pressure but tell me what you think about them after you listen :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 01:45:25 )
@Totalanimefan: He might like it for a bit, especially if we can find him a nice trinket to keep him entertained. Recently he loves Mario Kart and all the characters associated with Mario games in general, so I'm sure if we could find him a toy in those lines, he'd be entertained for a bit while we browse. I love supporting local artists when I can. And I will!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 01:47:52 )

@Aisukohi: I'm sure between the dealers room and the artist alley you could find something for him. How old is he now, like 5?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 07:43:52 )
@Totalanimefan: i totally get that thought, and also, HOLY COW that's a lot of guests!! i think hubs and i invited 150, but we expected at least 1/3 of them to say no sine they were out of state guests.
I'm glad you enjoyed it! her kids are pretty cute! Her 2 year old is super shy normally because she's basically a covid baby and hasn't had a chance to really socialize much. Speaking of covid, how are you and your S.O. doing?

@Aisukohi: yeah, fortunately it's not too much of a deterrent, but that's mostly beucase i'm sure that by the time i come back to tucanos, they'll have another cook.
yes!! i've been pointing out the geese all week. seeing them makes me happy, but i do remember how much they pooped everywhere. the parks in boise are one of the things i missed a lot. like, yeah florida has parks, but idk, it's like no one really uses them or they're not as nice as boise parks. Awe, my girlfriend's youngest is 4! yeah definitely a sitter if you go glass blowing! i think kids like, 8 and up would be able to sit still and listen well enough to take the class i took, especially with parental supervision, depending on their energy and focus skills. And the Springs is the one mom took me to last, and it was the best one! it was so nice there. i wish they didn't have a 3 drink limit, because even though the hot water does make it his you faster/harder, i have a pretty high tolerance for alcohol, so i would have enjoyed maybe one or two more drinks while i was there. After we went to the Springs, mom took me to idaho city for lunch, which was pretty good. it was raining the day we went and actually was snowing a little while we were there. it was reallly cold getting in to the pool, but it was nice getting out. i took a lot of really neat pictures. when i get home friday i'll upload them and share links to them so you can see. it was so pretty!

Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 12:47:58 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah I don't get it either, it's super easy to just stay home and make other plans. I'm sorry you ended up getting sick over their decision. Glad to hear your fever broke and some of the achiness left. I hope it isn't long Covid :/ When is Day 14 for you? When I had it, I felt perfect on Day 14 and it was like I hadn't been sick at all. Hopefully that happens for you too!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 15:49:25 )
@Totalanimefan: Yes, the lovebugs are a nuisance to be sure but I would still rather deal with them than the pollen. The pollen gets all over your car too and at least I'm not allergic to lovebugs! XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 17:04:33 )

@Alorrena: Yeah it really is. It's in August this year. Do you think they will be able to have that many people? 0-0
We are doing better. I actually want to eat, but I don't eat that much in one sitting, a little more energy but still not enough to even like clean the house. I'm hoping to be better by the weekend, but I have no idea if that's possible. My husband started getting sick last Friday and me on Sat, so maybe?

@SorrowTheMad: That's great to hear. I want to hear all that I can about people's recoveries lol. I hope to wake up one day soon and feel like I never had this lol. My husband's parents got here 2 weeks tomorrow, and we got sick a week tomorrow. I heard that with vaccinated people the recovery time is faster. :)

@Wildfire: This is a good point. Pollen is worse if you are allergic.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 18:26:09 )

@Totalanimefan: oh that is unfortunate. as long as you are well~ how are your symptooms today? any changes/improvements?
    @Aisukohi: we do have a GREAT spread of animal-themed items that are all so unique. i don't usually make anomorphic avatars. i would love to try one though, so i may do that. a lot of mine are humanoid with animal ears/tails. i value cohesion and coordinator more than theme LOL

bloop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.