Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I am Angy: A work tale...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/19 22:44:30 )

For context I work at a Goodwill Bookstore, or for those who do not have Goodwills. A used bookstore.

This random guy comes into the sorting area through the outside doors. Asking if any of the stuff there is for sale. Way too far into the room. Donation attendant is ignoring they guy. As I'm telling the rando that he has to exit the area he can't be back there. 'Ain't gonna steal nothin, can't talk to me like that', ignoring me as I doing my fucking job telling him to get out of the area. DA just cheerfully talking to this guy who was telling me off.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/20 11:06:34 )
@Another Movie Addict:
Sounds frustrating. Clearly, nothing is free at Goodwill and most often, everything is labeled with a sticker/tag.
If things were for free? Most people would be there clearing shelves with the amount of excess people want.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/20 12:31:42 )
@Another Movie Addict: You definitely get some weirdos in that place, AMA. I'm sorry you ran in to another one, and that you didn't even have the support of the Donation Dude, who should have been in sync with you and touting company policies and helping him to get out of that area instead of having a nice chat... :/

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/20 15:52:34 )

@Vegan: Not entirely true. Those tiny Gideon Bibles are free lol.

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/22 00:39:38 )

The Gideon Bible quip made me smile.

I loved my job at Icing (kinda like Claire's but for like, older teens and adults instead of kids/tweens) before I got sick, but I do *not* miss dealing with people like this.

Please ping me!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 00:10:51 )

@Kory: Like sir, we cannot have you back here because you can get hurt. There is a lot of dangerous stuff in the back of a Goodwill before it goes out for sale. But mostly I'm pissed at my coworker for not backing me up the way he is supposed to.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.