Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Seeing my Dietician/Nutritionist today for updates and I am nervous. D:

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/18 10:11:40 )
This is a rant discussing food/weight-loss/mental health. Please, don't read this if you feel it will trigger anything.

I know he won't be mad at me for falling off track for food, but, for fitness? I feel he's going to be worried.
I was attending a group workout thing which, I haven't gone to really as I didn't realize how much I was anxious over it.

He said to me the last time I saw him, "I will show you what our food pyramid looks like here and we can modify it to meet your needs."
I am a person who needs help in the background, but, not shoving as it never works for me, kindness does.

I am very grateful for everything he's told me in the past, such as, the mince I use (vegan obviously) for pasta, isn't junk food.
I told him I was scared he'd judge me for eating it, he shook his head, "No, it's cleaner than a lot of animal products."

I brought up the cheese/cheeze (whatever, I will call it cheese if I want) I use (violife). His response to me was,
"You don't use a whole bag on a single serving of pasta right?" and I shook my head, "Only to top my pasta, like, 1 TBSP max-?"

He nodded in return and said, "I want to help you learn what you eat? Is not junk. It's processed, but, not junk. Junk is what's in trash bins."

I needed that, I'll be updating here later if I remember to, but, I am just scared he will ask how things have been since last time we spoke.

I also been scared since I have a psychiatrist appointment in early April which has me nervous as they made me uncomfortable. D;

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/18 15:07:20 )
“Junk is what's in trash bins” that’s awesome ❤️

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/19 03:52:25 )
@Ruby:
Agreed! It's such a good way to word it as well. ^__^

My promised update!
So, I used up all my appointments and the TL;DR is, "You know what you're doing."

So, my dietician was telling me that it seems like I know what I need to do to lose this weight, it was a bit stressful to hear that and it didn't help me at all because he didn't really give me too much advice. He also said, "I hate to say this, but, we've spent 5 hours talking which I am only meant to give you 3 and I won't speak about that to your insurance, but, if you need help further down the road, I can do my best to help you, it just seems like you do know what you're doing and all you need to do is implement working out more. Let's set you up for another appointment if you want, also, I recommend talking to your insurance to see if they could cover our meetings."

I appreciate so much that he told me the stretches I did the other morning (10+ minutes) was a great first start and that I am doing a lot better than when he met me. He also said it's good to hear I am going to be seeing a psychiatrist (which did make me uncomfortable, but, that is another thing in itself and a therapist once the waiting list is shorter and they can get me in.

So, going forward?

I am going to start working my way up from working out once a week 5-10 minutes to twice a week 10-15 minutes, by the end of April I really hope that I am doing at least 3 or 4 days a week and doing minimum of 15 and maximum of 30. I know there are other times I will be doing other workouts (bowling, walking, etc) and he said to me that the movement I do now is more than I have in past, so it's time to buckle down and get serious about taking care of myself. I am nervous about it, but, very excited about going forward.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.