Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/30 23:22:17 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Got it in the mail that i possibly have to go to Jury duty on March 4th.
And have been ridden with anxiety since, as i live with two immunocompromised adults
in my family and don't want to bring the virus home with me as well as i have severe anxiety.

So let's hope for the best i will not be needed or it somehow gets canceled. :vanora_upsidedown:

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/31 13:23:23 )
@MoodyB: Is there a number you can call and maybe explain that to the office? Even if not, chances are, the process probably won't go very far and you will never have to go in to be questioned, nevermind be chosen to sit. Good luck, though :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/31 21:04:52 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: they wont excuse me unless i get a doctors note for previously having covid. which i havent. and i dont want to get it at all.

so i can only pray i wont be needed.
there is still a chance i would be. i have seriously awful luck.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/1 13:59:45 )
@MoodyB: I meant more explaining the apparent risk to your immunocompromised family, with whom you live...
Wait! They won't excuse you unless you've already had SARS-CoV2??

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/1 22:01:17 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: that's what it said on the letter.
Unless I have had it already, i won't be excused unless i somehow get a doctor's note.
but my dad said we should not chance it because it may even backfire on us.

So i'm just praying i won't be needed and they called more than they need.
i have not even gotten my booster yet, and my new cloth mask hasn't even arrived yet too.
so i'm extremely unprepared to be going out as i often do not go out at all.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/2 13:04:47 )
@MoodyB: I believe you; it just doesn't make sense to me that having had the bug is what will get you out of jury duty. But whatever. I hope -for your sake- that you don't have to go.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/2 16:47:44 )

i would contact them regardless of what the letter says and explain your situation, see if you can request not to go.
we dont know until we try
but also ive gotten like two jury duty notices before and both were like nvm so, hopefully thats the case haha

maybe they have options where you could be streamed in also? there was a hearing and court thing that I had the option to go to last year (personal story), and they said that if I chose to go, I had the option to be streamed in if I wanted

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/3 23:36:01 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: nothing makes sense to me anymore LOL.
especially when there is legit a virus still here. makes me feel insane how so many act like it's over when it's not.
but idk.

@jolly: i would rather be streamed in via zoom tbh...however i don't have a pc to even do that.
my laptop is absolute junk
but idk. i doubt calling will help tbh.
so i'll just see if i even get called in at all.
and i have severe phone anxiety as it is.

worst case is i have to go extremely unprepared and full of anxiety.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/4 13:37:46 )
@MoodyB: there will always be viruses and other 'hazards' out there -that's where discretion in making smart choices comes in to play- but there is also always a random element and many things you can't control in life... And no, not much seems to make sense these days /sigh/

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/4 20:16:47 )

I see, well I do wish you luck! I hope that things work out in your favor.
If you do end up going, hopefully they make the environment clean and safe to account for pandemic.

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/4 23:29:14 )
So you want to get out of jury duty huh? There's one easy trick they don't want you to know. All you have to say are these magic words:

"I know what jury nullification is and I will inform all of the other jury members as well."

They will not let you anywhere near the courthouse if you tell them that.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.