Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My dog ruined my electric blanket

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 04:18:35 )

He pissed and shit on my electric blanket!! He was just out and he did his business outside and then came in and peed on the blanket a little bit. And then I came out a few hours later and he had pooped on it!!
He’s old and I know he can’t always hold it but damn, right on my blanket?!?
So I’m trying to save it by washing it since it said you could on the label. If it is still gross or doesn’t work anymore I’m going to be so upset. It’s freaking cold in my house even with the heater on.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 04:48:41 )
im so sorry

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 04:55:36 )

Thank you both. It's almost done being dry. The instructions said you can't use it damp, so I'm really trying to make sure that it's dry before I try it out again. And I'm freezing downstairs. Even with two blankets over me and the heat on it's still very cold.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 06:27:33 )

I have an enzyme pet cleaner that I’ve been using for years and it’s really good.
It’s been cleaned and dried and it doesn’t smell anymore but I haven’t plugged it in yet. That will be the next test.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 14:14:40 )
Oh, that's icky and unfortunate! I'm sorry, Total. Hopefully it still works (I suggest you not be under it when you test out plugging it in!). Good luck :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 16:19:02 )
I'm invested.
I wanna know if it still works.
I feel your pain, we lived in a damp area for a bit and our old electric blanket basically fizzled out because we kept using it in a high-moisture area. :O

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 20:25:02 )

@Wildfire: Haha thanks. I wasn't. It seems like it's ok. I cleaned it correctly. I care about my dog, but he's at the age where he just goes anywhere and everywhere. And he's also the only dog I've ever known that likes to pee in his bed. He's just crazy.

@Koah: Haha thanks. I tried it last night after it was completely dry and it seems like it's working fine. I'm really glad that the instructions let you wash and dry it as long as you do it gently. I'm not letting my dog back on the heated blanket if I can help it, but it's been very cold here this Jan. I'm sorry that you lost yours to dampness. This is our 3rd blanket? And we had lost all of them to dog pee.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 21:49:31 )

i had to wash our welcome mat; the doggie here pooped and pissed on it lol. i saw a tiktok where a child was cleaning poo from a carpet and they used dishwashing liquid. I did that to get all of the gunk out of it and then put it in the wash to just freshen up the smell on delicate cycle and let it air dry and it was brand new. (of course i know you can't do that with an electric blanket)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 23:30:57 )

@Bonnie: Thanks for the tip for other things. Every day I'm cleaning up after my dog at least once a day. And I take him out 4-6 times a day too.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 23:46:12 )

@Totalanimefan: dogs are forever babies. i wish they could do it themselves like cats, but that isn't possible. I want to get my own place with a high fence so i can just let the dog outside without worrying about it getting loose.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 00:17:24 )

@Bonnie: Yeah I let him out a lot, but he's 13 so he just goes in the house A LOT.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 00:25:47 )

awww rip blanket. poor guy couldn't help it

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 00:28:05 )

@Totalanimefan: aw he's a cutie patootie old mannnn

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 01:51:24 )

@ephenay: Yeah I know. I just wish he couldn't help it on something that was easier to wash lol
@Bonnie: Yes he is. :)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 14:47:24 )

@Totalanimefan: the frustration is understandable D:

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 16:14:33 )
@Totalanimefan: I think I've gone through 2 already in the last 5 years or so. I'm on my 3rd blanket. We moved a lot. I can't remember what happened to the first one. I'd assume dogs.
I'm glad yours is working! :3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 17:49:21 )

@ephenay: Thanks. I feel bad sometimes when I get frustrated because he can't help it, but at the same time it really does make so much extra work for my husband and I.

@Koah: Do you need to get a dehumidifier or you do think it's the dogs fault?
I'm glad too! I had just got it and was only using it for about a week.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 18:46:32 )
@Totalanimefan: I just got a new heated blanket for christmas. C:
My first one probably got destroyed by dogs and I just tossed it out during a move or something. My second one, we lived in a super humid area in MI. Nights were cold, so we used that blanket, but over time, it sort of... fizzled out. I'm assuming from the humidity. Then it got a mildewy smell to it. Tossed that out.
I no longer live in a humid area, actually quite the opposite. It's really dry here.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 18:51:03 )

@Koah: I feel like it's always the dogs lol. Like why are you peeing in the bed lol
Since your new place is dry your blanket will probably live a longer life now. :)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 21:16:12 )

@Totalanimefan: Nah, I get that. When our lizard was a baby, he would piss and shit on our bed alllll the time, and on us, so it was pretty irritating washing so often. weighted blanket is diff tho. how do you even go about cleaning that lol

banner by Ruby ❤️

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.