Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Well that's done

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 03:32:56 )
@Totalanimefan: It would be nice to have mandatory classes like that for future parents. It amazes me that all you have to do is have a kid, sign some papers, pay the bill, and live your (hopefully) happy life. Like I just brought a new life into this world...shouldn't things like that be a more serious concept? But heck, even for kids that are already here and remediation services for their parents who did something wrong, they're already short staffed in that area, so I'm sure there's a shortage of pre-parenting prep staff too (even without the pandemic).

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 03:37:21 )

@Aisukohi: 100% everything you just wrote. People want to become parents, which is great, but then they know nothing about children. ^^;

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 22:15:17 )
    @Aisukohi: .
    Ah, you know, it happens. Thank you for the condolences, though. In the end, I think it was good experience for me to put my foot down and set boundaries with people after all that time.

Something you mentioned to me sounds familiar; the part about wanting to confront the other person and unload on them. I think for a long time I held that sentiment about a former relationship (friendship) that ended very badly. If only I could ask what went wrong, why they did what they did, and tell them how much they hurt me. But recently I read something that really finally struck a chord with me:

The people that hurt us don't carry that pain around. They get to move on with their lives and live happily, and that apology or genuine remorse for what they did will never come despite how much we might want it. Once I finally realized that it wasn't any use to pine for what was never coming, somehow I felt relieved by it. It seems like common sense, but like I said, I'm a slow learner.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 02:56:18 )
@blue: You're welcome, and you're right that it's good to set your boundaries!

Wow, that last thought is so profound yet so true! Hard for the other person to care as much when they never did when the relationship was "good". And even if they did ever apologize, I can't say I'd ever forgive or forget them. I wouldn't say I'd hold a grudge, but I feel like it's okay not to forgive someone since we don't owe anyone anything they couldn't give back.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.