Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/15 19:41:03 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

we are having a snow squal today. very high winds and i am scared lol house is not at all well made and fences and trees are blown down or broken. so very scared that i barely could sleep.

hopefully everyone's day is going better than mine lol

Voltie — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/15 21:34:48 )

Stay safe! We had bad storms in my state on Friday. Some parts of my state were hit by tornadoes, and over 70 people were killed. I hope this snowstorm you're experiencing in your area won't be as damaging and people will be safe

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/15 22:01:21 )

@MoodyB: I saw the storm in the news. It shouldn’t last more than just today. Weather is scary!

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/15 22:27:03 )
Should they keep it on display...

We have similar storms here rather frequently, both snow and rain. Thankfully with how often these windstorms happen here, people are more prepared for it, and we usually aren't without power for more than a few hours. The longest we were without power was just over 24 hours, and that was years ago. Just make sure to stay inside and away from the windows. Try to be near a stable surface (like a desk or table) just in case something comes crashing down. It isn't terribly likely, but better safe than sorry. And make sure your phone is charged in case you need to call 911 or the electric company in the case of an emergency and/or power-outage.

Or redecorate?

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 00:46:38 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Starlight: luckily we had power but it took our internet out. and many people had trees uprooted to where it lifted cars and semi trucks fell over.

i dont live where hurricane weather happens so this was an experience. no one was hurt that im aware of but it was 90 mph windstorm

@Totalanimefan: quite terrifying when your house is not in good condition. thought the windows were gonna break. or what's left of em lol.

its over now but very scary lol.

@MaxIsConfused: i live in a state where hurrican weather never happens. the weather we get is blizzards. but we haven't had so much as an inch of snow which is what caused it.

even a hospital just had to shut down when it lost power
so no one expected this. we get high wind storms but nothing like this.

my phone couldnt call 911 if we needed it because it can only use internet.
it stopped now but was scary since many trees fell down blocking roads

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 03:34:30 )

@MoodyB: I'm glad it's over for you! The good thing is that the storms don't last forever, it just feels like it (I've been in a ton of huge windy storms too)
How's the house? Or will you look in the morning?

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 03:41:52 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: I know. but when you are very much unprepared a lot can go wrong.
especially when you are broke and can't afford things cause your land lord won't fix anything XD

it's fine but has some branches from neighbor's yard that broke off, fence broken down
so we can see directly to the gas station now lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 04:50:05 )

@MoodyB: It seems like there wasn't too much damage, so that's good.
I've been in a lot of hurricanes in my life growing up in FL. It feels like the storm will never pass.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 05:06:06 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: i've never lived in a place with hurricanes
and still don't. but our wind storm was close to a category 3. and hurricanes and hardly tornadoes happen here.
Only certain parts in my state have them.

We usually deal with wild fires.
so to say the least, we were extremely unprepared.
my dad even had his booster today through all the madness LOL

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 05:53:42 )

@MoodyB: I understand. I was just trying to show that I can relate.
My mom had her booster today too. How is your dad feeling?

Voltie — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 06:29:22 )

@MoodyB: Sounds like a strong storm for sure! I don't live in a place with hurricane weather either. if that's the case then it's good no one was hurt at least

★~~Questing~~★

Voltie — Caffeine Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 16:15:40 )
Aw man, we were living in a dinky little trailer prior to/while fixing up the house we're in now and monsoon season was SO NERVE WRACKING. Can't tell you how many times I thought the whole trailer was just going to tip over. Never did, though, and I'm forever thankful lol.

Hopefully it's blown over by now and you're able to breathe a bit easier. c: (And hopefully the house is okay!)

free shortcut to the gas station?

There is protection from near everything, from fire and damages from storm and frost;
oh, add whichever blows may come to mind, but there is no protection from mankind.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 21:48:16 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Starlight: yeah. very eventful to say the least.
some people even had wires popping because of the strong winds.

but there were no reports of anyone hurt nor killed so that's a huge relief since last night i checked on twitter
because it was trending. found out 12 semi trucks fell on it's side on highways.
so that's terrifying. But luckily no one was hurt.

@Minerva: Oh my goodness! that's so scary i can imagine.
Our house has the most beat up windows that are falling apart so i thought "this is it, the windows will be history and our land lady will still not care about fixing it" Luckily windows still in tact.

it's blown over, but there is much of a cleanup since people lost their trampolines...XD

LOL. i mean if we need gas we won't need to drive much.
but today they are fixing the fences...but our land lady crazy as usual cares only about the fence of where the other neighbors can see her....
despite other fences are more of a priority.

@Totalanimefan: last night he said he is vey tired and arm hurts but that's about it.
But today he has neck and headache pain.
but that may be because he was picking up branches that broke off from neighbor's yard into ours and put them to the side
so no one would get hurt.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 23:29:11 )

@MoodyB: It's probably from the physical work. I'm sure tomorrow he will feel better.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 23:43:58 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: yeah hopefully. he's been super stressed because of the income and
home issue we are having currently.
so i am hoping he'll just rest and recover as sometimes he feels he cannot take it easy.
my whole family i swear are like workaholics.
we always feel we cannot rest.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/17 02:31:56 )

@MoodyB: I hope that gets sorted out for you soon.
Maybe your dad can rest tonight.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/17 22:20:03 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: it probably won't really get solved soon.
But he felt nausea yesterday but feels a lot better today.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/18 02:30:05 )

@MoodyB: good that he is feeling better. My mom said she didn’t feel well after her booster either but she is better now.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/18 04:46:51 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: its good she feels better now.
i am not looking forward to mine at all lol

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/18 05:45:26 )

@MoodyB: yeah same but it might not be as bad for us. Everyone’s reaction is different. :)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.