Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature The Passing of a Great Author

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/13 17:49:02 )
Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Okay, so. I don't know how many here like vampire fiction, but one of the greatest author in that genre - Anne Rice - has passed away. I just saw a post on her Facebook page, made by her son, Christopher Rice.

I am in shock, y'all. She was finally starting to write more Vampire Chronicles / Lestat novels, and now she is GONE, taken away from us because of complications from a stroke.

*cries*

We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
Mellonin's Ramblings

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/13 19:05:01 )
OH NO.
I just talked about her yesterday!!! T^T I was telling my friends that I believe she wrote the best Vampire books. o3o

I wouldn't know if you hadn't posted this. </3 Thanks for letting me/us[voltra] know.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/13 19:15:46 )
    I saw the update :( very sad. She was definitely one of my favourite authors. I hope whoever is managing her IP from now on doesn't flush it down the drain...

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/14 00:02:45 )
She passed away a few days ago, but, it's still sad. ;__;

Voltie — Caffeine Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/14 17:21:44 )
I can't claim to be a devoted fan but I have nothing but respect for her. A very sad time indeed. May she rest in peace. <3
There is protection from near everything, from fire and damages from storm and frost;
oh, add whichever blows may come to mind, but there is no protection from mankind.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.