Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I spent an hour talking to Dell..

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 20:37:33 )

Just trying to get a warranty replacement for the fusion unit in the printer at work
:vanora_huff:
It was the most ridiculous call where I'm mostly sitting in silence listening to this guy type for miles. Then he'll ask me stupid questions like "exactly in what way is the printer bending the corners of all your papers?"
And I'm like
"in the way that the FUSION UNIT has its cover all bunched up on one side and its causing ink to smear and collect and the papers snag on the texture"
"how much would you say the paper is bending?"
like dude it doesn't matter, the fusion unit is fucked :vanora_xd:
This went on so long it felt like he was trying to find a reason not to issue the warranty. Asking if we misused it and such.

After an hour of repeating myself and then sitting in silence, he finally agreed it looks like the fusion unit just needs to be replaced. Then he asks me if I can install it myself lmao
Like sure if you wanna tell me how but really you should just send someone out...

But at last, got it scheduled!

Anyway, nothing else has happened at work today. I'm pretty bored.
How're you guys this week? c;

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 21:12:59 )

That sounds like a pain in the ass.
This week a got a ton of stuff done for my schooling. I passed an exam based class on Monday (it was really easy and I did it in one day, 9 hours) and then on Tuesday I had an essay based class to do. Did both of my essays and turned it in. Both got graded today and I passed the class!

Yesterday I was going to work on another class, but a bunch of real life shit got in the way and whatever, so I'm working on it today. If I can do another two essays for this class, I will have passed another class. ^^

Which is good because Thanksgiving week and Dec 4-13th I'll be busy seeing family. So I won't have time to work on school.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — A.I. Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 22:58:07 )
// AI-COM MNRVA : activate MIDNIGHT EXIGENT(aurora knives)

Yeah customer service reps will bend over backwards to avoid paying out on warranties, or to keep you from removing services, or pretty much anything other than signing you up for as many things as possible for that sweet commish.

Most of what I see about Dell nowadays is negative; either customer service, or manufacturing practices / policies and the like. Which is a shame considering they used to be a great company, and can make some great machines.

It sucks you had to bang your head against a wall to get the issue resolved but at least it's almost over now! |D

// AI-COM : return // end of line
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 05:09:07 )
❝ 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆
𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚'𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒖𝒔 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 ... ❞

I used to work in the print industry - no one likes Dell lmao. I'm glad you got them to do what you needed though!

❝ ... 𝒔𝒐 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
𝒘𝒆'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒇 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆
𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒔 𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏 ❞

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 04:10:27 )

Yeah Dell stinks, even though I currently have an alienware/dell computer at home >>
but hey, they came in to install the printer's piece! was kinda awkward cause it was dead slow the entire 11 hour shift today, but the ONE MOMENT that he was here to work on the printer, we got super busy and he had to stand there for a while waiting until we can get on to test the printer and make sure its working Lol
an eye for an eye, I guess? yall make me wait now I make you wait XD'''

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 17:56:23 )
    That's frustrating.
    On one hand, I can understand the reason for all the questions. It might be just to discover defects in their own products, or just to fish out whether someone is abusing the product.

I haven't had to deal with anything like that in a long time. The most is just trying to contact companies who ship out a product to my house and it either doesn't arrive or the carrier lied about delivering/delivered incorrectly. I didn't think the phrase, "Have you checked with your neighbors?" would get me riled up so easily.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.