Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Nail wrap thingssss

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 22:29:39 )

I'm momentarily obsessed with these things!
A coworker told me about them and how they're apparently way easier than painting nails, if you're like us and just dont have the downtime for that

ALthough, these probably took me the same amount of time that I take painting my nails because I'm beyond dumb when it comes to navigating beauty products. But once I figured it out I can see how they're easier.

Ignore crooked cuticles cause Im also dumb about figuring those out
but I got these cute pumpkin style~

My skin might be too pale for white to work, but I like them anyways xD
Now I feel like I need to learn how to make them myself! How cool would that beee

Donator — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 00:00:32 )
❝ 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆
𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚'𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒖𝒔 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 ... ❞

Ah that's such a cute design! You're also never too pale for white :P white is honestly a universally flattering nail color!

❝ ... 𝒔𝒐 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
𝒘𝒆'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒇 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆
𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒔 𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏 ❞

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 00:35:05 )

I love nail wraps! I used to get them a lot but they've gotten harder to find in recent years, at least where I've lived. They tend to last longer than nail polish too, in my experience!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 02:04:21 )
I think nail wraps are cool, but I already change my nail polish like every 3 days so they probably wouldn't be worth it for me. That pumpkin design is really cute though!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 03:00:47 )
That's a nifty idea that I never knew was a thing, and now I want to try to find some lol.

I love having my nails done, but hate doing them myself because of the time involved (even with so-called quick-drying polish) and don't have the patience anymore for getting them done at a salon (I swear they always destroy my nails on purpose so I keep coming back). Can't do fake nails either...the feeling just doesn't sit well with me. But would be interested to try the wraps for sure!!

Cute design btw. :)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/6 00:30:43 )
    Oh, they’re cute. I haven’t tried the nail wraps personally, but I do still get ads for the luxury ones. I found that I enjoyed using press-ons.

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/7 16:09:56 )

@Aisukohi: I've never noticed a difference in drying times between 'regular' polish and 'fast drying' polish. :P

I can't do fake nails either; I tried once but when they were removed my nails were super damaged, I guess because they're practically paper thin. Which is a shame because it felt awesome to be have stronger nails! 😂

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/8 00:58:21 )
@CooperationIsKey: Fake nails just feel like a prosthetic that I haven't learned how to use, regardless of their length lol. I tried the nail powders at the salon a couple times. I feel like it lasts longer than gel, but the process to get it destroyed my nails, so wouldn't recommend unless you're cool with that lol.

I got these polishes you can use at home with a top coat that turns whatever color you use matte and I love that look. I've yet to try the top coat on a brand that doesn't match it, but maybe I'll try it on a single nail and see how that goes when I get bored lol.

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/8 03:24:01 )

@Aisukohi: The only fake nails I've used were pretty short, no longer really than my natural nails tend to get (which isn't much anyway).

I've been wanting to find one of those top coats! I wanna see how my rainbow nails look in matte. :D

Please ping me!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/8 22:39:44 )
@CooperationIsKey: The matte coat I use is from Sally Hansen and it's a 2-step, meaning you use any of their colours that are compatible with this product and then use that one I linked and you have a lovely matte finish. Again, not sure if this works with other brands, so will have to try and see lol. They have a shiny finish as well, but I feel you can get that anywhere. :P

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/9 17:19:33 )

@vioxeri:
Thank you! :D I think more than anything I just need to straighten my cuticles, then these would look a lot more fancy.
But after they set for a couple of days honestly I grew to like them even more. THey're still holding strong

@CooperationIsKey:
I dont know where people normally get them, but I've chosen to risk some low cost ones on etsy. I got these pumpkin ones from this seller and aside from smelling like pool floaties, I really like them! I bought another set to use in december and then bought from another seller to try out different qualities. Maybe Ill find a favorite go-to artist eventually xD

@Megaame:
Yeah thats fair. I'm usually pretty lazy so if I paint my nails, stuff stays put until it eventually chips off all the way cause I cant be bothered to redo them. So these are perfect XD

@Aisukohi:
Eugh, I also cant handle fake nails. I did try them one time as a joke, got these claw-like halloween things from walmart..

I lost my dang mind trying to function. It was an intentional challenge, like I dared myself, but by the end of the day I pulled them off XD
(funny enough I stuck them on my toe nails and it looked super gross but funny, so I took a photo and sent them to my new date-at-the-time for giggles. He's my fiance now. A+ flirt over here lmfao)

But yeah! I recommend these :D By using a clear top coat, they last a good amount of time. Just make sure to take breaks in between them cause they do suffocate the nails a bit (like anything would of course)

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/9 18:05:23 )
@Jolly: Sounds like me and fake nails...can't function with them. XD Even the short ones drive me nuts. Yay for finding a keeper who didn't run screaming. XDD I've seen pictures where people grew out their toenails to get pedicures like they would fake nails and I'm like whyyyy?!

Thanks for the advice on the tape ones! Maybe I'll try to get them as a Christmas gift...
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/9 19:27:51 )

@Aisukohi:
It was worth it for the shits and giggles! XD I had a friend in highschool who had longer toenails so she could paint them, which looked fine cause like... she kept up with keeping them clean under the nail.
But I cant imagine for most... Like, especially as adults, our feet are much more worn out lookin lmaoo

Hopefully you can try them out :D You'll have to show me if you do!

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.