Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat HELP I forgot this book's title

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 16:15:40 )

It's an old fantasy book that I found in a shop called 2nd and Charles in colorado
for like $2
It was written in the 90's if I remember right, so its not anything like big name or whatever

But anyway its about this gypsy girl who plays a lute
and then some weird drama jazz happens and she's given this magic lute that like talks to her sorta, and it's a super secret important message for The Queen
and so she's given this quest to go to said Queen and give her the lute to receive this message and save humanity from weird demon things.
Lots of grim stuff, and the last portion of the book I really didn't like. Touched on too much r*pe subjects and resolved it in a very untasteful manner, imo.

BUT I got on a subject and can't remember the book's title!! I already donated it a few weeks ago lmao

The cover is like browns/oranges and made all sorta elegant looking
with a big lute on the cover and a little lady and dude riding on a horse, she's playing a little lute

If this rings a bell for any of you, Help :vanora_xd: This book sucked but I gotta knowwwww

also happy halloween lmao

*EDIT
I FOUND IT thanks voltra for letting me scream here for a second
Now i can compare my doodle from memory--

cool

dont read this, the ending sucks :D

Voltie — Caffeine Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 17:37:44 )
There is protection from near everything, from fire and damages from storm and frost

I've never heard of this book before but it sounds pretty interesting! I'll have to add it to the ever-growing reading list. :D

It's always good to see a mystery come to fruition lol. Else I was going to suggest posting in r/TipOfMyTongue on Reddit as they're absolute pros at finding lost media and stuff! c:

oh, add whichever blows may come to mind, but there is no protection from mankind.
There is protection from near everything, from fire and damages from storm and frost;
oh, add whichever blows may come to mind, but there is no protection from mankind.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 02:09:37 )

I have never heard of this book. But it sounds and looks very interesting. I am going to have to check it out.

Jacklene
Image bought on The Underground. Due to photobuckets new policy, unable to get the name of artist.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/2 01:30:59 )

@Minerva:
Ohhh thanks for the suggestion! I never understood how to navigate reddit so I dont think to try there XD

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/2 01:54:46 )
As a former librarian, I loved this thread so much. lol
Thank you for the giggles. <33

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.