Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Controlled Chaos

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 02:23:54 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

"..." he was silent as he regarded her scars, and the black that covered half her skin.

Normally he would avert his eyes from her, out of respect and modesty, but her body looked like it was a testament to Vanessa Encrae's cruelty and ruthlessness. It was an absolute shame to see her in such a state.

Thankfully, he'd managed to get her clothing washed, but it was still in the process of drying, so he grabbed a large robe that would cover her, and handed it over.

"Here." he said.

"So you don't get cold or whatever." he told her.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 02:27:29 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Feeling?" Hazel asked as she accepted the robe.

"Clean." She answered, putting the robe on.

"Does my body bother you?" She then asked, her voice curious as she was tying the robe shut.

"Mistress was never one to require me to wear clothing."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 02:49:21 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash shook his head.

"Bother? Not so much." he replied.

"The black over the one half of your body, as well as the many scars, show that Vanessa is a cruel, cruel person, and it is a shame you had to endure that." he commented. "But that's not a YOU thing. It's a HER thing." he stressed.

"And if I were to wager a guess, she didn't have you wearing clothing, because she didn't see you as a person." he went on. "You were a thing. An experiment. A resource." he continued.

"But you're a PERSON. An INDIVIDUAL. You deserve respect and dignity." he reasoned.

"And I intend to give you those, at the very least."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 02:51:11 )

"I ... I am just an experiment though." Hazel countered.

"Never... never been anything else." She added. "Don't... " She paused a moment, sighing.

"don't think I can be anything else."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 03:12:39 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash immediately wanted to launch into a passionate exclamation about how wrong she was... but he decided, just before he opened his mouth, that perhaps that wasn't such a good idea.

Instead, he stepped forward, closing the distance behind her, and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I know." he said.

"I was starting to feel the same way when I was there." he revealed. "If I hadn't had the help in escaping... odds are VERY good I'd be saying the same things YOU are right now." he went on.

"But... but I found out that that's not true. You and I are both people. We're individuals. And... well... look, I..." he started to say further, before pausing.

"I don't know about YOU, but there are people out there that wonder if I am a human, or not. Because of what Vanessa did to me." he admitted. "But even then, I am finding my way. I found my place in this world. My REAL place. NOT what Vanessa decided for me." he went on.

"You can do it, too, Hazel." he said.

"I'll help."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 03:17:47 )

Hazel was silent for a moment.

"I..." She started.

"I know that I am a person. That term is so loose it easily applies to anything and everything." She told him. "So long as said thing has sentience."

"What I mean, is that I do not know if I can really go and do anything else. It... it is what I know." She added.

"And... thank you." She then said.

"I ... I have wanted out of her control for as long as I can remember."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 03:39:52 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Well, you are now out of her control." he stated. "And I'll do everything I can to make sure it STAYS that way." he assured her.

"And it's going to be an adjustment. This is a new life for you, and it's all right that you don't know what to do." he went on.

"I didn't, either." he said.

"But you're not alone. That's the big thing." he continued.

"You're not alone in this world, and never will be. Not any longer."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 03:42:52 )

".... What... what do you do, now?" Hazel asked.

"I ... I know what you were, what you did, while she had you, and what she does with your brother, but... what about you? What do you do now?" Followed a couple of seconds later.

"How have you made your own life?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 04:09:07 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash didn't like being reminded about his past. Or being reminded that his brother was still there. But he wasn't about to blame Hazel for that. Besides, he couldn't run from his memories forever.

So he just sighed quietly.

"I'm a Hunter." he said.

"A Bounty Hunter." he clarified, knowing that Mana Hunters were a thing.

"I work for a guild, and go out to do... various things. Gather info, take down ferocious beasts, stop gangs or rogues, pretty much anything." he explained to her. "Get paid nicely for it, too." he continued.

"Because I'm damn good at what I do." he chuckled.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 04:12:19 )

Hazel just looked around before pausing.

"Apparently not nicely enough." She commented bluintly, surprisingly so.

"Which is the lie?" She then asked.

"I cannot believe someone who lived through Mistress' tyranny for as long as you did, or I did, then gets out.... would willingly choose to live in an apartment this small and cramped."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 04:32:45 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash was absolutely shocked to hear that... but looking around, he had to admit that it didn't look good for him.

"N-no, I swear. I get paid well, and I do really good work. I'm one of the top hunters at my guild!" he exclaimed.

"I just... well... okay, I live so far beneath my means, it's embarrassing." he sighed. "Others have been saying I need to get a bigger place, but... in reality, all I ever really do here is sleep and eat. And sometimes I don't even eat here." he went on.

"I guess I just figured that there was no point in putting out more money for a place that I wouldn't be spending a lot of time in, anyway." he then said, before pausing again.

"...and also, admittedly, this was the best place I could afford when I was starting out. Never occurred to me to upgrade. Just got used to this place." he admitted further.

"Plus, this place seemed like a palace when compared to the cell that she had me and my brother crammed in." he then added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 04:37:42 )

"That may be so, but if I am being honest... it reminds me of the lab that I was usually in." Hazel admitted, looking around slightly.

"It... That would be why I spent hours cleaning the kitchen. At least... at least there doesn't look so much like the lab..." She added, her voice quiet.

"I..." She started before shaking her head. She didn't say anything more before just heading to the door to the balcony, and out.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 04:57:01 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash had to admit, he hadn't considered that. He silently followed her to the balcony, and stepped out onto it with her.

"Hazel..." he said.

"The last thing I want to do is make you uncomfortable." he told her.

"I will immediately find us a better place. A bigger place. One that isn't as cramped as that cursed lab." he went on.

"...do you WANT to sleep out on this balcony?" he then asked. "It's not the biggest in the world, but one could comfortably lay down out here, fit a cot onto it, throw a tent on it or something." he continued.

"Would sleeping out here give you a better rest than inside?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 05:04:02 )

"I... I am not one to sleep much. Never had a chance before, and my body has adapted." Hazel answered, not moving from where shew as, leaning against the railing.

"But... but maybe. I cannot say for certain, but..." she paused, biting her bottom lip slightly.

"Please, do not worry about me, however."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 05:24:06 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash shook his head.

"Nope." he said.

"Hazel, I know this is going to be a tough adjustment for you... but I care about your wellbeing. Your safety. Your comfort." he told her. "I refuse to act like Vanessa, or treat you in any way that SHE did." he went on.

"I know that you might feel guilty about that, but... I mean... I hope you'll get used to this treatment." he then said.

"I'll make a temporary set-up so that you're sheltered out there, and you won't feel like you're in the lab." he promised.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 05:37:16 )

Hazel didn't say anytyhing for a few seconds before just sighing, heavily.

"I am so sorry." She said, her voice quiet.

"Thank you, Squeaks." She said, gratitude in her voice. She didn't know his name, only knew him as 'Squeaker' from the others. At no point had names actually come up while they were there, as they were more than a little caught up in everything else.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 06:01:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,

As soon as Ash had heard that name... he froze up. And his mind took him to his past. Where he'd gone through horrific DNA recombining... his cries of pain, so high-pitched. He'd been called 'Squeaker' by those that had worked there.

It was their cruel way of dehumanising him... making him feel worthless... having a joke at his pain. He almost found himself crying again, much like he'd done so many times in the past, before he shook himself back to reality.

"Ah, um, y-yes." he said, his voice cracking a little.

"You're... you're welcome." he told her.

"Although, it occurs to me that I have never told you my name, nor would you have ever heard it." he went on. "Or, you heard it so little it just never stuck." he reasoned.

"My name is Ash." he said. "You can call me that."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 06:09:15 )

Hazel nodded.

"Thank you." She said, in reference to him giving her his name.

"... what is your brothers name?" She then asked. "I have only ever known him as birdbrain"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 06:29:20 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash immediately felt a rush of anger through him, and he wanted to lash out at her for calling him that, as horrific ideas of why he'd be called that raced through his mind... but again, he forced himself to calm down.

This wasn't Hazel's fault. This was all she knew.

She outright said it.

So he took a deep breath, held it for a moment, and then exhaled.

"Lindsay." he responded. "His name is Lindsay."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/20 06:31:32 )

Hazel nodded.

"Good to know." was all she said. She didn't look over to him, at all.

"I am sorry, as well." She stated.

"I can see that me not knowing your names causes you such strife. I will make it a point to not be such a problem in the future."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.