Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2021 Anniversary Raffle WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 20:31:14 )
    @Wildfire: yeah don’t get me started on those movies XD lol!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 20:33:38 )
LOL. Fair enough. :3
I don't remember if we had the games way back when... but we have at least two complete sets of the movies (DVD/Bluray/Vudu/whatever)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 20:36:19 )
    @Wildfire: two sets? that’s dedication XD In all fairness, they’re good movies, but hrm… As adaptations they are kinda poor, but I have a theory about video game to screen adaptations and how they are doomed to never work. Games and movies are just two fundamentally different mediums :( I have yet to come across a movie adaptation of a video game that actually succeeded as an adaptation :/ games are just too open ended imo.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 20:40:16 )
@sunny: I think it was one of those things where he bought a package set... then a new movie was released (or maybe we updated the technology?) and he got another set for a good price... ??? Something like that :3

And yes, I agree - games are too dependent on player choices and interactions during game play. To pick one path to pursue in a movie is like an incomplete game...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 20:41:42 )
    Gonna have literal nightmares about what I’m reading about currently. The population replacement of Early European hunter-gatherers in Stone Age Britain. Basically, genocide :(

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 20:42:33 )
    @Wildfire: that’s exactly it! That’s why the movies always seem to be lacking in some way. I’m not a big video game player, but I am interested in stories and the way that different mediums call for different story types…

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 20:51:36 )
@sunny: Wait! What? "population replacement of Early European hunter-gatherers in Stone Age Britain. Basically, genocide" What on earth are you reading? And is it real or fictional?

Yes, but I don't know how you can do a non-linear movie...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 20:57:16 )
    @Wildfire: Google the Kurgan Hypothesis. Wikipedia has a decent summary. And yes, it's real, and its happened multiple times. There is genetic evidence that the population of early Europe was replaced, but only with the Y chromasome. The mDNA stays the same.
    Basically, invaders from the Russian steppes killed all the men, and you can guess what they did to the women.
    This is all very recent genetic evidence, though the theory has existed for years.
    It's honestly terrifying :O

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 21:01:19 )
@sunny: Scary, but I suspect, not unusual for pretty much any area's history... :(
I did the search but my brain is shutting down too much right now to actually process most of what I'm trying to read (omg is it bedtime yet? No... it's only 4pm here! /dead/) so I'll read it later.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 21:05:20 )
... I'm going to go start dinner ... before I fall asleep at the computer - lol.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 21:08:55 )
    @Wildfire: anything yummy for dinner? Probably super yummy, knowing you!! I had pizza, loaded with veggies.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 21:21:33 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

NOOO i just missed 160 D^':

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 21:33:33 )
    Aw no, I'm sorry!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 21:47:47 )
@sunny: dinner tonight is chicken thighs with Italian/Greek type seasoning, a paleo "tabouli" salad (cauliflower rice, cucumber, tomato, red onion, etc.), and some peas... nothing particularly special or interesting.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 21:48:15 )
@GoblinsAndTea: awww... :(

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 21:48:55 )
back from my nap ^.^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 21:51:35 )
@Meg: so you did opt to snuggle with the little one!
Welcome back. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 22:06:04 )
@Wildfire: i couldnt pass it up lol very much needed!
thank you! what are you up to?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 22:07:15 )
    @Wildfire: it's interesting to me! It sounds delish :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 22:10:28 )
@Meg: I am cooking dinner (almost done) and doing a little bit of work online ATM. :3

@sunny: Thanks. It's a pretty normal dinner around here, actually... but that's probably because it works and it's easy and quick to do :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.