Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2021 Anniversary Raffle WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 03:36:12 )
Yeah the Alola type look like they've got some characteristics of clouds or something? Galarian look somewhat alien, but still cool!

Vixen: Nice! I had tomato sauce with clams and linguine on Sunday. Really good!!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 03:36:31 )

Vixen - Hmmm, sounds interesting....
I don't like most seafood myself though.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 03:37:51 )

@koneko: If you can find a PDF of the textbook called Genki you should download it. In the back of the book they have Kanji to go along with their lessons. It's about 10 Kanji per chapter. :) They start pretty basic and then go from there.

@dragoness I totally get that! I guess just think of it as leftovers? XD

@Aisukohi: it's going pretty well. I'm watching a LinkedIn Learning video on Accounting. It's an accounting class and LinkedIn actually has really good videos on different subjects. Maybe I could take this exam on Monday?

@GoblinsAndTea: Hi! I'm good. You have time to stick around here?

@Vixen: Pasta is always good. I miss Teaspoon. Make sure that you have some for me soon. <3

@squishy sloth: I agree with you, although even though the UK is doing well with it, other countries around the world aren't doing well. Either they don't have vaccines that are that good, or they can't afford vaccines, or they don't have a good way to get vaccines in arms quickly. It's a tough thing to do.

@Count Trashula: You think you will have 100 kids that will come by?!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 03:39:26 )

Total -shrugs-
Tomorrow's might be from a different place, but I bet it's still going to be just cheese or pepperoni options. Will have to find out what it is tomorrow. ^_^

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 03:40:54 )

@dragoness True, that's what companies always seem to buy.
What's your new job? Do you like it?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 03:41:20 )
@Totalanimefan: Wow, didn't know LinkedIn had video capabilities (not that I really use/look at it) but that's cool! I know you said your classes you can take at your own pace--any particular reason why you're shooting for Monday for the exam?

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 03:42:18 )

Total - Hmm, not that new. I'm a clothing processor at Goodwill.
Haven't been looking for anything different because part time is fine since my husband found work too.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 03:43:36 )

@Aisukohi: I get LinkedIn Learning for free through my Uni. I do think they have some videos for free. I didn't use it much before going back to school. ^^;
Their videos are really good at explaining things simply.
Yeah they are at my own pace. I try to keep myself accountable because my goal is to finish by Sept 2022. (which is one year from when I started). I transferred 1/3 of my classes in, but the rest I have to do myself. I've done 3 classes so far and I need to do 24 more. :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 03:44:24 )

@dragoness Oh yeah you working there. I remember you saying that you were there :)
Part time is good when you have kids.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 03:46:33 )
@Totalanimefan: Yay for free resources, considering how expensive college is to begin with. xP When I was taking calculus, I didn't pass the first time, but passed the second time since I took it online and I swear the videos we watched were a lot easier to understand than the professor we had in the previous class.

And that makes sense, but holy cow, that's a lot of classes to finish in a year!

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 03:47:10 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Totalanimefan: I do have time but im trying to draw so i might b less active lol

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 03:48:26 )

Total - Yep, yep!

I have a kitty on my shoulder right now. She's watching me type.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 03:50:23 )
Gah, having a hard time deciding what to buy next as far as items I don't yet have here on Voltra. I thought I knew what I wanted, but now I'm second-guessing. xP Looking through the Item Museum and nothing screams "Pick me next!"...

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 03:54:20 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah i hope the vaccines can get distributed to everyone somehow, im not sure how it would happen but i hope it does >~<
sadly the only other place i hear about is america, other countries don't seem to ever be on the news aksjhjdh

Shop | Art Thread | used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama | forum bunny by kouenli

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 03:55:49 )

@Aisukohi: Good videos are a God send. I don't know what I would do without them.
So far it's been pretty easy to learn with this online Uni, there are good videos and lots of examples and vocab to learn.
With these class there aren't a lot of videos on the subject, and the ones they have, have really bad audio quality for some reason. It's hard to learn from them.
I still have to study more flash cards through an site/app called Quizlet. They are amazing for flashcard learning.
I don't have a job atm, so I just spend like 30+ hours a week studying. ^^; And since it's go at your own pace I can just take the exam when I feel I'm ready. They give you study guides, unit quizzes and a mock final to help you. The Final is the only thing that counts. If you don't pass that, you don't pass the class. For some classes you write an essay instead of taking a final, but I think I only have 8 classes like that.

As for what item to buy next, you could look through the exchange and see what's for sale that is on your list.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 03:57:41 )

@GoblinsAndTea: That's cool. What are you drawing? Another OC?

@dragoness Aw that's cute. Normally my cat is with me. He's with my husband instead atm. It's easier to study this way.

@squishy sloth: We are doing good with the rollout here I would say.
As for other countries it's all over the place. India was doing bad, but now they are doing really well. I don't know if every country is publishing their numbers though.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 04:00:43 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Totalanimefan: 90% sure itl b an oc again lol
But i have to make something for the prompt "cup" and "love"
Ive got ideas for both already tho!
+ Im gonna stay awake to fix my sleep shedule bc on sunday im meeting a friend and she told me her mom is picking me up very early lol

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 04:00:56 )

Total - Yeah,, it would make it easier to study without a furry distraction.

Now my kitty is trying to smoosh her face into the side of mine. XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 04:02:14 )
@Totalanimefan: I've considered going on Youtube to find videos on subjects I'm not great with just for my own edification. For example, American government. Don't understand a ton about it, so a lot of the terms I hear in politics I'm super lost on. Would be nice to know what's being said sometimes lol.

Glad you have plenty of time to dedicate to your studies! I have some coworkers who go to school AND work and I'm not sure how they do it, because I certainly couldn't.

That's interesting that the only thing that counts for your classes are the finals, but I guess that takes some of the pressure off of getting things done?

I'm trying to decide on what's available in the exchange now too, but maybe I'd be better with a fresh mind, so will probably decide tomorrow or over the weekend lol.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 04:02:57 )

I forgot this month was also "Inktober"

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.