Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 01:42:05 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@sorrowthemad: That is true. Though some seem to just be duds, or VERY limited in their usage.

And that is what matters. Don't matter if anyone else hates 'em. S'how I've always enjoyed my music.

Ah yeah, I also recall hearing about Wayne Static. That was hard to hear. Chester, though... you could almost FEEL the impact as it spread across the world and internet. And the memorial covers that came after, too...

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 02:32:55 )
@Colin: "Duds" is definitely the right word for some of them. Although if I'm honest, I really kinda like the 3 mana Tibalt. I know a lot of people don't, and I get why, but he was really good in limited, from what I experienced. I might include him in a cube, as I really like the card.

Yep, same here! I have a lot of guilty pleasure songs, and I'm unapologetic about them lol!

For real, I loved Linkin Park for so long and I didn't realize what a crazy impact he had on the world. Kinda reminds me of Robin Williams too. Insane the amount of people that loved him. As much as I love Wayne, he definitely didn't have that sort of impact when he passed. I think a little of it was circumstances (since Wayne didn't die from suicide) but I think a lot of it was just genuinely Chester being Chester, and seeing that big heart he had bleed through his music. I think most of us can relate to some of their songs, some of us can relate to that tortured existence he lived through and sang about.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 03:05:57 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: To be fair to the 3-mana Tibalt, his passive ability is pretty good. Though expensive, I REALLY like Cosmic Imposter, as impractical as it may be at times.

Yeah, that does make sense. I mean, a lot of people now say his music (or at least, the later stuff) is essentially a suicide letter. I'm not sure whether to call that right or wrong, but it's easier to see it in his work in hindsight.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 03:14:40 )
@Totalanimefan: Oooh nice!! :D
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 15:27:16 )

@CooperationIsKey: Honestly it is. I feel for my friends and family in FL. And some have just accepted that it's not as bad as it really is. But to me that's just a trauma coping mechanism.
Wow that's bad. This one 'only' had a problem with the foundation. Everything else seems to be ok. I bought a condo in San Jose before (I don't own it anymore) and there was no working heater, no hot water, no fridge and other problems. We moved in Dec. It's not as cold in San Jose as other places, but our place got down to like 55F in the house. That's pretty cold. And there was no hot water so we couldn't take a shower after moving. (Or for any reason lol)

@Colin: That's great news! We got a break starting on Sunday, but we have also had a ton of rain since then. At least 6 inches. 4 of them fell in one night and there was flooding in my neighborhood. Luckily my house is ok. It's not at the bottom of a hill or anything and I have no basement. There will be more rain today and more on Thursday too. The ground is so waterlogged. We need the rain but not like this lol

@SorrowTheMad: hey how have you been? ^^ Any updates in your life.

@KittyBeary: New day. New Us. Do you have any plans for today or this week?

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 18:20:41 )
@Totalanimefan: oh lots lol I have a few of those state shapes ones, but just where I’m from, where I am now, and where Sorrow lives lol
And then a bunch more random things lol things from places I’ve traveled and then ones I’ve made

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 18:31:49 )

-pokes self as a reminder to post more to complete your goals- XD

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 18:54:06 )

@dragoness129: Yeah do it! You got this ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 18:54:36 )

@Ruby: That's cool ^^ How are you today? ^^

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 18:55:24 )
@Totalanimefan: I’m good :) I’m excited for dinner, it’s spaghetti night xD
How are you?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 18:59:01 )

@Ruby: Oh that sounds good. I just had lunch. Egg, bacon and potatoes in a tortilla. Then I made rice crispy treats but I used Cherrios instead. It didn't come out right, I used too much butter. But it still wasn't bad.

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 19:11:53 )
@Totalanimefan: oh interesting! I wouldn’t have thought about using a different cereal. Do they taste the same as rice krispies?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 20:06:27 )

@Ruby: No it's a different taste. I think it makes it too hard. I would go back to Rice Krispies but these were on sale so I wanted to see lol
Last time I made them I had coca Krispies around and I added PB and holy crap it was good.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 21:22:27 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, honestly I'm pretty heartbroken for her, she was so excited.

Geez, that sounds like a fun time. Glad this one 'only' had the one problem!

Please ping me!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 22:10:05 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Oh, wow. I mean, good that you're getting rain, but... liiiiiittle too much, too quickly. I'm glad you're not in danger of flooding or anything. Still, that ground HAS to feel unstable now.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 23:35:50 )
@Colin: Yeah I like 3 mana Tibalt. I actually don't mind 2 mana Tibalt either, honestly. Combining him with Conspiracy Theorist now actually makes him really great, since if you discard something you like you can just pay one and play it that turn. I play Gamble though so I'm not scared of the random discard lol.

Oh yeah, absolutely. Chester made a huge impact on people. I honestly just wish I could have given him a hug. :/ I never got a chance to meet him like I planned. I'm sure he gets hundreds of "you saved my life" stories but I'd still want to tell him. I want to tell all of them.

@Totalanimefan: I'm ok. Have a pain in the butt thing for work tomorrow but otherwise I'm ok. Been having massive headaches these past few weeks too that hopefully my doctor can help figure out tomorrow. I'm going to see my favorite band on September 1st in Minneapolis! :D Otherwise, not much going on. How about you?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 23:47:51 )

@CooperationIsKey: Yeah same here. I don't think that there will be anymore surprised *knocks on wood* We are getting our windows replaced in Oct. So that will be nice too. Currently they let in a lot of moisture and noise.

@Colin: Yeah I wanted rain, but not like this. I was able to go for a walk today. I bought a planner, a notebook, and some supplies for it. It will help me stay organized and be able to take notes during the term. Tomorrow night/Thrusday it will be raining again (which I think I said) but I don't know how much rain we will be getting. Oh did you see that there will be new news on Gen 4 remakes and Arcecus? News drops tomorrow at 9am our time.

@SorrowTheMad: Headaches are really no fun. I hope you figure out what's causing them. Give us an update when you know. Wow that's so soon! I'm starting school on that day lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 00:06:00 )
@Totalanimefan: It is! It's actually super funny, I just met this new friend about two weeks ago, and we were doing the typical "getting to know each other" stuff and he goes "What's your favorite band?" My answer to that is super complicated so I just said "Unleash the Archers." About five minutes later he goes "Did you know they're doing a concert on the 1st in Minneapolis?" And I pretty much immediately bought tickets lol.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 00:13:50 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: ...never thought about combining him with Conspiracy Theorist. That's a really good combo!

And I know that feeling. It sucks... just... yeah, it REALLY sucks.

@totalanimefan: Fair enough, fair enough. And no, I didn't hear anything about that. Guess that's what the Pokemon Direct will be about.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 00:19:42 )
@Colin: I like Tibalt with decks that want things in the grave, like Dakmor Salvage, reanimator targets, or just plain using Conspiracy Theorist lol.

It really does. I feel like a lot of other celebs that I like will pass away in my lifetime, but I doubt any will be as impactful as Robin Williams or Chester.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.