Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 13:33:04 )
@Vixen: well, let's see... yesterday, I ran an errand, read some of my book, poked around online looking at and for clipart and stuff, helped my son cook dinner, went for a short walk, and a bunch of other random things.

Today needs to be more productive :3

What does your day today look like it's going to be?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 13:33:55 )
Good morning everyone.

What's going on in your world today?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 15:26:46 )
@Wildfire: Good morning.
I'm thankful it's Friday. Currently, I'm getting my coffee made and trying to decide what kind of day it will be today. I do need to do some cleaning and try and get the bedrooms project a little farther.
Yesterday, I was reading a webtoon, not a book [easier to say a book, I guess]. The webtoon is called The Remarried Empress and the artwork and story are so good, I couldn't put it down all day. I'm up to date now and pretty tempted to buy the next few pages, but they come out weekly and I just need to be patient. lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 17:07:07 )

@Wildfire: your yesterday still sounds quite productive :D
more things to do at work for me, as usual.
have to run some errands later today as well, and get some groceries

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 17:30:27 )
@Koah:
@Vixen:

It sounds like you both have a steady pace of things to do today. That's not a bad thing.

I just got back from running one errand. Now I'm hoping to clean up the kitchen (why is it always a mess? ALWAYS?!) and do a little food prep for myself while also taking food inventory and doing some basic menu planning. I will probably end up running out for groceries later, but I don't feel like it. Beyond that, there are still random piles of half-done projects lying around the place and I should probably do something with some of them... add to the "donate" and "sell" boxes that I have set up... that kind of thing. We'll see how much actually gets done. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 17:46:56 )

@Wildfire: haha well the more stuff you have in the kitchen, the harder it is to maintain.
add in any other person who also uses it, and it goes downhill pretty fast xD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 17:51:46 )
@Vixen: LOL. Yes, exactly. Having to clean it before I can do anything in it all the time is pretty annoying though

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 18:04:30 )

@Wildfire: yeah for sure
what's usually the mess? stuff in the wrong place?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 18:09:22 )
@Vixen: stuff in the sink and on the counter. I don't know why but my sinks seem to always have stuff in them. I swear, I could clean everything and have the kitchen spotless and 5 minutes later the sink would have stuff in it again.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 18:16:56 )

@Wildfire: oh i see
my sink has two sides, so i have a designated side for dirty dishes and the other side for cooking things xD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 18:21:57 )
@Vixen: Yeah, my family has no respect for sides of the sink XD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 18:25:10 )
I have not done anything yet today. lol.
Oh wait, I took my dogs outside and planted some grass seeds, and put the sprinkler on. But.. that took like 2 minutes. XD
Today will probably be lazy as heck. My kitchen is dirty too.. and.. I just don't wanna. D:

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 18:29:27 )
@Koah: That's where I was yesterday, which is partly why it's such a mess today, but I want -need- to do some basic food prep for myself because I have to get back out of this 'eating whatever is available' thing that has snuck up on me. I feel crappy and need to make healthy food more readily available for myself (meal prep). Cleaning the kitchen before I can do that is just annoying me right now...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 19:03:46 )
@Wildfire: I completely understand. I have been cooking every day this week and it's a mess. I've been cooking because there is no easy-healthy food accessible. lol.
My husband is normally the chef. But he's been overworked the last 2 weeks. :T

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 19:12:11 )
@Koah: I'm just being impatient and wanting to do the one thing without doing the other thing ... because there's also a good chance I'll still have to run to get some groceries, but also because I don't want to spend my entire day ... errrm... afternoon... in the kitchen.

I don't mind the cooking, it's the cleaning up before I get to that point that is annoying me right now. But now, the kitchen is clean, so I'll be heading back there to do some of this meal prep in a minute or two.

I'm sorry you're ending up doing all the cooking this week, Koah. It sounds like you and hubby balance things out between you pretty well though! <3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 19:36:19 )
@Wildfire: I get it. The only way I'll cook in the kitchen is if it's clean, or at least as tidy as possible. I just cleaned out my fridge. There was something bad in there makin' nasty smells. gross.
I have this big basil plant in my kitchen and I don't even like basil! lol! [smells good] I was thinking about trying to find some way of doing chopped-up ingredients and freezing them for meal planning. My dad did that at his house and he used his garden food. I loved his little baggies of meal-ready veggies. c:
OH my son's pepper plants are starting little peppers. So cute!

My husband and I have a good rhythm about the house. I spent years working and fighting with him all the time about helping with chores n' stuff. And now we've come to this nice understanding of who does what naturally.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 19:39:10 )

@Wildfire: lmao
no one to get them to it even slightly less often?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 19:47:55 )
@Koah: lol. I just cleaned out my fridge too - there were some things in there that had been there for too long. Fortunately, they weren't quite at the smelling it up stage! XD

Yes, hubby helps with the dishes, etc. around the house too (he's better at dishwasher tetris than I am) but there's still always a pile of dishes in the sink... and like you, I won't cook with a mess. But cleaning up first, then cooking makes cleaning up the post-cooking mess more of a chore...

My basil plant is dying. I really don't know why... :(

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 19:48:26 )
@Vixen: lol. Sometimes. But lately it has been piling up. :(

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 21:06:44 )

@Wildfire: aww well hope it works out!
I’m currently deciding what kind of soup i should stock up on lol

please @ me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.