Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 03:04:07 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah. Everything was ok until Dragon Rulers/Spellbooks came out, then it was Nekroz, and finally Shaddolls, Qliphort and Kosmoz. That was when I decided to say screw it and moved to Magic. I'm sure your Yugioh cards found a good home though :)

I really enjoyed Crystal and Yellow version, started out with Blue version, and played the card game for several expansions. But my mom heard from her church members they were the devil, took them all from me and my brother, and burned them all (along with several other kids my age's collections). After that, I just sorta lost interest. Although I do like the Dark Pokemon, always thought that was so cool. Houndour was my favorite, and I really liked Sneasel too. I think I tried Black Version but I don't remember much of it, Ruby and Sapphire were the last real Pokemon games I really grinded the hell out of.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 03:06:44 )

@DrearyThunder: oh Central Valley ish? Lol
It’s hot as balls there and there isn’t much to do (not that there is much to do in South Bay either lol)
How did you and your man meet? ^^
I’m married, have been since 2013 and we met in college ^^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 03:09:47 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah it was so hot there. But I met him through discord but its a very long story. So he was acting like someone else and trying to ruin my friend group but I didnt know this at the time. And I asked him to help me break up with my ex but he then introduced me to his actual account and then we became friends and boom now we have been dating for over a year.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 03:11:11 )

@SorrowTheMad: omg no! I can’t believe your mom was one of those. My mom was raised catholic and we still went to Catholic Church every week and she was be like guys, it’s a game. It’s a TV show. It’s teaching my kids how to read. Lol
That really sucks that happened to your stuff. :(
My sister loves Ruby and Sapphire. Those are her favs.
I started out playing my neighbors red version after he beat it. Then after my parents saw how much me and my sister loved the game for my birthday one year a got Pokémon Yellow and a Grape Gameboy Color and I played that thing all the time.
I love Houndour. He’s design and concept is so good! I would always get him in the Gen 2 games.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 03:13:53 )

@DrearyThunder: oh cool ^^ it seems like you guys are a good match if you moved out there and things are working well. I’ve been in a long distance relationship before and it’s hard to go from online long distance to living together. Even though it’s what you dream about the stress of moving and then living with a person you have never lived with before is a lot. I’m glad it worked out.
Oh I like your new avatar. There is a newbie guide in the Help and Support form you should take a look at to learn more about Voltra. ^^ I would link you but I’m on mobile (which by the way Voltra is great on mobile)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 03:15:43 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah I was worried at first but yeah its working out amazingly. And oh wow I can go on this on mobile thats awesome!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 03:19:35 )
@Totalanimefan: Well I'm off for tonight. Going to get a good night rest. I'll see you tomorrow and goodnight!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 03:21:18 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh yeah. She lost her mind when I got my pentagram tattoo, said it was satanic and stuff. I think she was more concerned with how much I knew about satanism after having that conversation and knowing the differences than she did when she first walked into my room lol. I'm not shy about learning about other beliefs and stuff, I've read some of the Koran, I've read the Torah and some of the Kaballah, the Catholic Bible (since it has more books than the Lutheran version), the Satanic Bible, stuff like that. She's definitely one of those types though.

ANYWAY, lol. I like Ruby and Sapphire but there's just nothing quite like playing Yellow and having Pikachu follow you around like in the show. Wish there was the ability to have something like that in all the games, but oh well. And I love Crystal, because I loved Suicune. It felt like a return to the originals with Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, with the three legendary dogs, and the cartridge itself was so cool! Yeah, I loved the whole concept of like, what goes bump in the night with the Dark type, the day/night cycles, ect. Maybe I should download Yellow and play it on my phone, get some of that old magic back.

Edit: I meant Houndoom, not Houndour lol. My bad. Clearly it's been a minute since I played the games lol.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 03:22:17 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: All right, that makes sense. And yeah, sad that we live in a world where people will copy others' cards to not get vaxxed. But... that is a completely other topic, one best not dove into.

And makes sense about the private corporations and the public transit. It's the same here... though drivers don't do crap to enforce the mandatory mask stuff....

@sorrowthemad: You make a compelling case for Vampire, I must say.

The biggest problem with Cthulhu, however, is that a lot of the modules may need tweaking from GMs. A lot are overtuned, or too easy, or far too narrow, and don't take into account the unpredictable nature of humans. So if players deviate from what the module says they'll do, the GM is left high and dry, not knowing what to do.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 03:34:14 )
@Colin: It's a lot of fun, not gonna lie. There's so many ways to play, so many Clans and such incredible lore behind all of it. Like, for example, there's a really old Vampire from Clan Malkavian called The Name Eater. He doesn't feed on blood, he feeds on true names, and when he feeds on your name you cease to be (From Clanbook Malkavian). I wish I had more people in my area, so far I've only played on Discord chat with some friends.

Ouch, that's good to know if I ever decide to play Cthulhu. I've never tried it, but you're ABSOLUTELY right about human nature. Don't know if you've ever watched the Saw series, but that's a VERY good example of how human nature is incredibly unpredictable. Movie, sure, but very believable, given the situations the people are in.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 03:36:31 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah the first few things have finally been worked out
so now we wait and see if the thing works as a whole lmao

please @ me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 04:15:38 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Oh man, that Vampire stuff sounds awesome as hell. I'll have to bring it up with my group.

And yeah, I've seen a couple of Saw movies. Not really my bag, but they do show unpredictable human nature.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 04:59:36 )

@Colin: Oh, yikes. I hope they're right.

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 05:01:35 )

I was looking at old avatar site I used to frequent and made myself sad. :(((

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 05:18:34 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@lilykin: From what I've seen and heard, people seem to be doing all right. Seems like it anyway, given the covid-related news feeds I get on my phone every morning...

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 05:25:15 )

@DrearyThunder: ok I’ll see you tomorrow! I got off Voltra right when you replied to me ^^;

@SorrowTheMad: I like both of those demon dogs. I just think they are great.
I loved that Pikachu would follow you in Yellow. I loved the birds and the beasts and I have them in Pokémon go too. You should find a rom of Pokémon Heart Gold or Soul Sliver. They are remakes of gold and sliver. They came out in 2010 and are amazing! You can have any Pokémon follow you and Gen II is such a great gen. The remake does it justice.

@Colin: it’s crazy what we have to do and not do cause of fringe people. Like who would never think about that? But it’s just something you got to do.
On the metro around here most people are good about wearing a mask but there is always that one person and you just gotta hope they don’t have Rona lol. But my area has very very low cases. My city had just 2 cases this week.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 05:43:14 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Just 2? Not bad.

And yeah, it annoys me when I see people without masks on, but I try not to be judgemental. It's actually kind of rare to see in my city, in my experience, and maybe they have legit reasons.

I don't know, so I won't presume to judge.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 05:47:15 )

@Vixen: good to hear. And not that you asked but I had a shitty day from the side effects but it seems I’m almost 100% better now lol
So I hope your day tomorrow improves for you as much as it did for me. ^^

@Lilykin: where you looking at Ernya?

@Colin: yeah I try not to too. And I’m good at it unless I’m annoyed or something then I’m like f that person (to myself) if they aren’t wearing their mask right lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 05:47:35 )

I’m feeling better now and I’m going to try and sleep. Good night

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 05:50:26 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: yeah, that's a big irritation for me as well.

And good night to you!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.