Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 22:34:13 )

That's really cool. ^^ I have a friend that watches them every week and when he came to stay with us we watched it. It was funny.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 22:40:33 )

@Totalanimefan: ah gotcha
would definitely look into those maybe one day

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 22:40:33 )
@Colin: Ok, you've for sure been playing longer than I have, I started for BFZ prerelease. Lol. Like I said, I enjoy playing the lottery a bit. It's not as fun as Yugioh to crack packs (since I could actually FEEL when there was a foil which meant it was of a higher rarity) through the pack. To the point the shop owners wouldn't let me pick my packs lol. I can't remember if I told @Totalanimefan: that or not lol. I get where you're coming from though, I wouldn't open product if I just played Commander too. But hey, nothing wrong with treating yourself to something fun and regretting everything when you don't make your money back lol!

@Totalanimefan: Oh, ok. Good. I mean, bad, but good that that was all it was. Are you ok now?

I mentioned it to Colin above but since you probably skipped that part, I can't remember if I told you, but I got banned from picking my own Yugioh packs because I could "feel" foils through them, with about 95% accuracy. In other words I could leave the regular gross rares in the box and grab the Supers, Ultras, Secrets, ect. Lol. Can't do that with Magic since everything can be a foil, but still. Just to prove I could do it I bought four boxes of a set, and opened something like 15 packs (chosen randomly from all the packs I'd bought) and I opened all but one foil. Thus, the ban lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 22:46:51 )

@Vixen: How's your day been? ^^

@SorrowTheMad: Yeah that's all the was. I'm like 80% better than I was this morning. Still recovering.
OMG that's a special skill. You probably shouldn't have shared it and just been like you were using the heart of the cards or something. lol

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 23:01:38 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: I hope the side-effects aren't too severe.

And yeah, there's a few CaH 'clones' out there. Or ones inspired by it. Crabs Adjust Humidity is a funny one, too.

@sorrowthemad: Oh yeah, I've been playing since 'Odyssey' was the latest set, so around 2001 or so.

Also, that is AWESOME with the YuGiOh cards! I can't believe you got banned from picking your own, though. I mean, it's not illegal or anything.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 23:26:06 )

@Colin: thank you. I’m dealing with them but I’m ready to be ok again lol it’s 6:30pm here and I got the shot yesterday at 12:30pm. So I figure it can’t be that much longer right? Lol
Yeah there was one a played that wasn’t by them. I think it was Monikers. That one was fun

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 23:58:54 )

Howdy y'all

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 00:01:29 )

@Totalanimefan: there's something broken at work that's been broken for a while. like fix one thing and something else breaks and it's mildly irritating

please @ me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 00:04:56 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: I think most side-effects/repercussions from getting the vaccine last 48 hours at most? I think that's what I was told when I got my first Moderna, anyway.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 00:13:44 )

@Colin: My 2nd Moderna didn't really hit me full swing until about the 24hr mark. Then I was miserable the next 24hrs lol. Still glad I got it tho

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 00:32:06 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@lilykin: I'll keep that in mind (or try to, September's a long way away, lol) for my own second dosage. I just know the injection sight was sore as heck for a little over 24 hours after my first dose.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 00:41:32 )
@Totalanimefan: Lol, it's fine. I was actually teaching the shop owners about it since I knew how to do it, I figured if I had figured it out, other people did too. Konami also was aware people were using scales at Walmart to "pick" the foils out of boxes, so they made foils thinner and lighter so it was hard to tell, and even for me, it was almost impossible. I'm glad you're feeling mostly better. One of the ladies I know that got both shots had to take a day off of work because she felt like "a bus hit her." Her words.

@Colin: Dayum, that is a long time. I wish I had started early, but Yugioh at the time was more my speed. Thank Gods I switched though.

They banned me from doing it because people wouldn't buy packs from a box if I'd been through it. It's like Magic, where you get a limited amount of mythics per box, and foils, except in this case the foils were usually the only valuable cards. So if I touched it, people knew they weren't getting anything of value. I understand though, they've gotta do what they have to do to keep people buying packs. And I did show them I could, to try and teach them how people could use a scale to find the valuable cards. My LGS owners are good friends, I wanted to ensure they didn't get screwed. And Konami has since made foils thinner so it became next to impossible even for me.

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 00:44:44 )

@Colin: Why so long between doses? Isn't just supposed to be around 30 days?

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 00:49:38 )

@Lilykin: hey nice to see you. ^^ it’s 7:45pm for me and I got it yesterday at 12:30pm. I hope I’m glad to sleep tonight.

@Vixen: that sounds really annoying. I hope you are able to work through it.

@Colin: yeah that’s what I heard too. My husband got moderna and I got Pfizer. My side effects are worse than his but also I read it effects women more. So that’s just great lol

@SorrowTheMad: oh yeah it doesn’t feel good. I have no energy at all. I just am tired of feeling the side effects. I’m ready to feel normal again but I think it’s going to be a few more hours. Still worth it to get the shot. ^^
I hadn’t heard about using a scale to find the good boxes. That sounds ridiculous lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 00:54:58 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah I can't even imagine. Sorry to hear but I'm sure it'll be over before you know it :D

Yeah, and it's not like Yugioh is worth the time like Magic. Most of the expensive Yugioh cards are old and you don't see boxes of them anymore. I've yet to see a Yugioh card worth more than $80 that wasn't almost 20 years old. Most of them are barely $50. I wouldn't waste time at Walmart scaling on that. Lol.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 01:38:00 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Yeah, I could never get into YuGiOh. It was a bit too... convoluted for me at times. When the text on a card is noticeably shrunken down to fit it... you might have too much text on your card.

Magic's right up my alley, mostly because keywords are a thing, and they try and keep the cards relatively simple... which allows my twisted mind to convolute things on my own, and find really stupid synergies.

@Lilykin: Normally, yes. But supplies need to be rationed out to try and get as many people vaccinated as possible. And studies have shown that it IS all right to stretch the time between Moderna shots somewhat. It sucks, but it's what needs to be done here.

@totalanimefan: Ahhh, I see, I see. Well, at least you're fully vaxxed. That's good!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 01:42:04 )
Wow can I just say how awesome all of your avis look!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 01:48:35 )
@Colin: Lol I was literally just telling Total about that exact problem yesterday, about the awful writing everything out in Yugioh. Hell, until about six months before I quit, Yugioh's equivalent of "exile" was written completely out, "remove a card from the game." They literally just added a keyword "Banish" after 13+ years of the game. They call it "problem solving card text" rather than using keywords but I agree, that was confusing. I think the problem lies in the anime actually. They demonstrate the mechanics in the show, but don't really explain how the mechanic works. So in order to mitigate that, they overexplain on the card itself.

I've had almost no problems understanding Magic, even with new mechanics, in the six years I've been playing.

Also I've been meaning to mention, I know you like D&D, I've only ever played it once, a silly one shot a friend of mine did. I'm more of a Vampire and World of Darkness kind of player, but I've been interested in learning. I also really want to learn The Witcher tabletop, my LGS sells the books and it's got me curious.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 01:49:14 )
@DrearyThunder: Thanks! @Ruby: did mine, she's the absolute best :D

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 01:50:24 )
@SorrowTheMad: Well it looks absolutely amazing!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.