Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 21:11:32 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: The game is called "Smash Up". There's the base game (and some variations thereof) as well as expansions that add more factions to it.

@sorrowthemad: Ahhh Gitrog. He can bring the salt.

And currently I have a basic competitive "Atla Palani" deck, and a more fun "Scion of the Ur-Dragon" deck. The Scion deck I'd been building for years and years, constantly tooling it, and now I'm at a point where I'm wondering if I should switch him from my commander and replace him with the upcoming Tiamat card.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 21:20:02 )
@Colin: Gitrog can get some salt but Tergrid means either I'm going to win or die first, no exceptions. People HATE Stax, and I don't feel like she's even built that competitively. But I totally understand if she gets hated out right away. Lol. She paints a big bright red target on my back from the second I pull out the deck box lol.

Those both sound like fun! I'm trying to decide my next deck and I think I might go with Kalamax, the Stormsire for funsies. I also have a lot of the pieces for Commander Teferi or God-Eternal Kefnet which will also be fairly competitive. I'm kind of interested in trying Jumbo Commander's challenge of having one deck of every color combination, but I doubt I'm going to ever play all of them, so I don't think I will. Idk. I'm sure Tiamat will be fun :)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 21:35:18 )

@Totalanimefan: i just put stuff into dirt and water it and hope it grows lol
maybe that's a mistake

please @ me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 21:59:29 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Tergrid will probably be a big magnet for hate, yeah...

I'm currently working on a deck concept with Koma, Cosmos Serpent at the helm as my commander. Which means ALL the token doubling effects I can fit into those colours. ALL.

I also have a modern deck that is based SOLELY on coin flips. All the coin flip effects. With Mirror Gallery and 4 copies of Krark's Thumb.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 22:10:30 )
@Colin: I love it! Koma is another one I really like. I'm big on Norse mythology so I was curious to see how they'd do Jormungandr in Kaldheim, and I definitely wasn't disappointed :D I bet that will be a lot of fun once it's all put together. I was going to say you could probably use Food Chain but I was under the impression he ETB: make tokens, so that won't work. Still, it'll be cool to see where you go from there with it.

I'm also going to take a lot of time and make a Golos Gods deck, since I love Norse mythology so much, since he's a Pilgrim and grabs World Tree with his ETB. I'm not sure on a list yet, but I'm definitely planning on taking a good long look into it and figuring it out. :)

That Modern deck sounds amazing lol. Too bad Krark himself isn't Modern legal or you could have some really nutty stuff happen between his copy ability and his thumbs to make sure they resolve lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 22:16:26 )

@SorrowTheMad: yay. Another thing you can do is keep it in a notes app if you have one. I have some recipes saved that way.

@Colin: Ok now that I'm sitting on my desk I'm going to look it up. ^^ Maybe even order it lol. I looked it up on boardgame geek. ^^ Here is their listing for Corporate America https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/125943/corporate-america

@Vixen: Well that has worked for thousands of years. This one doesn't use dirt, the roots grow in water. ^^

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 22:37:29 )
@Totalanimefan: That works too! Nice :D

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 22:40:51 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Oh my, if Koma was an ETB effect, that deck would have SO much blink in it. But as it stands, I'll have to make due with token making cards, token doubling cards, and Helm of the Host for Koma, herself. I will have... ALL the sneks. (and whatever else I feel like making immense copies of).

And Norse Mythology is a fountain of inspiration. A Golos Gods deck would be hella interesting for sure.

Krark himself would be hilarious in my deck, if he were legal. A while back (before lockdowns started), a friend and I were at a local modern tournament and we decided we were both there to make a spectacle. It was hilarious to see people finishing up the games in average times or faster, and then they'd look over and see my friend playing a Suspend deck, with 7+ cards off the field with dice on them showing time counters, and my turns consisting of SO many coin flips.

@totalanimefan: That game seems like it'd be great fun! I might take a look for it around my city!

So how y'doin'?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 22:54:24 )

@SorrowTheMad: I have a Butter Chicken recipe if you wanted to try Indian food for yourself. Might be better if you have it at an Indian place first lol (This is not a quick recipe)

@Colin: You should! Last I heard it was out of print though. I hope they reprinted it because it is soo much fun and if you have competitive people in your group it's really funny to watch them fight to be President. (But that's not the winner, the winner is the person with the most money at the end)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 22:57:46 )
@Colin: Koma really does sound like fun. I have a foil Showcase one that I traded for so I might try her eventually. Simic admittedly is a color combo I haven't played much of (at least, without Red or White included) so I guess we'll see. I'm also considering Rashmi (or I might just put her in Kalamax lol).

Yeah! I actually want to build a Kaldheim Commander Cube (with some Core Set cards or something in it) just out of respect for the Norse theme of Kaldheim. I mean like, with MH's Snow themed cards they could go along with Jorn, for example, just some stuff to breathe more life into the Kaldheim stuff.

That sounds like a hilarious time, Suspend and coin flipping are so funny. Kinda wish some of the dice-roll cards from Unstable were brought into Modern honestly too. I like jank decks but as a Control player they drive me a little batty at FNM. Like, I got steamrolled by Elementals because of Aether Vial and Cavern of Souls last Friday lol.

@Totalanimefan: That sounds awesome! I'm also not a very good cook, like, even a little, so I'd have to practice a lot, but sure :D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 23:09:34 )

@SorrowTheMad: Ok. I'll give you that one when you are ready. Indian food tends to be a lot of steps, but the food is great so it's worth it lol

1 9 0 8 2 0
Totalanimefan generated a random number between 1 and 20; Resulting In 19
Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 23:30:58 )

And the winner for the 700 is!
EDIT: me! So we are going to have to spin again.

1 3 0 2 2 4
Totalanimefan generated a random number between 1 and 20; Resulting In 13
Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 23:31:44 )

And the winner for page 700 is...
@Spider: You have won! You won the 7k prize. ^^

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 23:31:56 )
@Totalanimefan: Sounds good! Honestly I should probably just take some classes lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 23:33:07 )

@SorrowTheMad: Cooking classes help. Also YouTube helps. I find that I want to look up more than one video recipe just to make sure. XD
@Spider: You won the page 700 prize. I'm going to send you a trade with 7k now. ^^

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 23:50:10 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Oh, then it'll be interesting for the group I used to play with. Competitive natures REALLY came out with some games.

@sorrowthemad: Ooooh, a foil showcase Koma. That's awesome! And Rashimi (with or without Kalamax) would be some interesting deck manipulation tech.

Kaldheim Commander Cube sounds fun as well. Sadly, not much interest for 'cube' games in my city.

And you're right on the dice-rolling 'un' cards. Those would be damned hilarious to see in actual play! Dice rolling, coin flipping, bring the 'ante' mechanic back, and it's legit chance-based gambling, actually...

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 00:06:28 )

@Colin: I wouldn't care that much about running for president but you can openly negotiate with anyone playing. That makes it extra fun lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 00:08:40 )
@Totalanimefan: Seems like a wise policy lol. xD I could definitely do that.

@Colin: Yeah, I originally wanted to collect one of every card from the set. Dunno if I'll go that far but I'll definitely pick up a lot of the cards, both for Golos and the Cube. :) We have a bunch of Draft lovers in my area so I'm pretty lucky, we even have a Facebook Cube group to plan out Cube nights :) Sorry to hear about your lack of Cube appreciation in your area though :(

I really like Rashmi, actually part of the reason I wanted to do Kalamax (or Riku, too, I guess) was because I wanted to play Thousand Year Storm and Rashmi in the same deck. A buddy of mine insists Lightning Bolt is terrible in even Competitive Commander so I want to Thousand Year Storm Bolt at his face

Yeah, especially if more people got involved. I've thought about making a couple chance-based casual decks to just play against each other and see what happens. Could be fun :)

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 00:32:35 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Heh, I like that. Sounds like a good perk!

@sorrowthemad: ...Thousand Year Storm Bolt is so chaotically evil, and I love it.

Speaking of collecting cards, I actually collect Garruk planeswalker cards. He's been my fave walker since the card type was introduced, and I have every unique planeswalker card of him (ie: not including alt arts. Yet, anyway), except for that larger one that came with a Core set, and was supposed to be Garruk vs player(s).

Can never find it, either...

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/3 00:34:44 )

@SorrowTheMad: Awesome. I'm starting to get a headache from the shot, so I have to go to 7-11 down the street and get something for it.

@Colin: It is lolol. And you open 'lobby' for the card that got drawn to be played during your turn or you can take your chances and draw a new card, some people will try and pay you to keep the card in play that turn, and some will pay you to draw a new card. It just depends on what industries you invested it lol
Anyway, for sure look up a video about it. It's a pretty simple game.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.