Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat The New Additions to my snail family

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/20 21:24:51 )
So I ordered my newish snail Sheldon a friend because I heard it's better for them and snails can feel lonely if they're on they're own.. so me and the seller got talking and she offered me another snail but for free and I was like hell yeah cus who doesn't want a free baby giant African land snail 🀣 so here they are .. smaller then expected but cute none the lessπŸ₯°

Cheech&Chong

Voltie — they/any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/20 21:34:10 )
96% completed... Please wait while we load the contents of this comment.

@lilmisskushy: aww, what sweethearts! i actually never expected to find snails so adorable, but here they are. since they're giant african land snail babies, do you know how large they're going to be? i'm quite curious, since i've never raised big snails (or snails in general).
Comment posted! Thank you for your patience.

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/20 21:50:19 )
@scarabee: yeah most people find them gross but when u see their actual wee faces and the way they act u can't help but find them cute ^.^ depending on the species they can grow up to all different sizes the ones I have will probably grow between 13cm-17cm sometimes bigger .. I would like to own an ovum some day they grow to about 20cm plus alot bigger I think the biggest snail in the world is 39cm

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/20 22:10:32 )

Questing: Ruby | Corrupted Icho | Falling Star | Untamed | Doggo of Death |Devil's Food Cake x2

...α˜›βΜ€α•α· 'blinks' their kinda cute in a 'I will look at them from a distance' kinda way.. <:3( )~~

Donator — She, Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 01:56:30 )

Cute!! These guys are the ones that get like really big right? At one time I had mystery/apple snails and they were pretry cool watch interact/coexist with the other fish in my aquarium etc.

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 10:00:19 )
@star2000shadow: hehe they're even cuter in person :D

@nixiefae:yeah they can get really big depending on the species .. mystery snails are adorable I was actually thinking of getting some different types of sea snails I have a tank with nothing in it XD I seen pretty purple ones .. snails are very interesting to watch .. I also got 10 dairy cow isopods they're called the clean up crew .. they look like wood louse with cow print on them XD

@koneko: very easy to look after once u get the hang of their foods protein and calcium .. have to make sure your heat and humidity is at the right temperature and u will have happy snails .. where u from ,? I know they're banned from the US but they're allowed certain snails .. apple snails and panda snails are beautiful

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 17:37:08 )
@koneko: milk snails are beautiful as well .. you should look into it.. oh my goodness a hermit crab they're adorable xD I wanted a blue mini lobster type thing XD

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 18:00:53 )
I think snails are super cute, but they are so small and fragile and I worry about touching them.

I think it's rad that you keep them as pets though.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 18:42:06 )

Questing: Ruby | Corrupted Icho | Falling Star | Untamed | Doggo of Death |Devil's Food Cake x2

...α˜›βΜ€α•α· @LilMissKushy: I'll take your word for it. I'm not a fan of slimey.. <:3( )~~

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 20:44:32 )
@star2000shadow: it's ok not many people are xD

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 01:37:02 )
@priestess of pie: aww thank you .. some of them can be quite fragile the bigger they get and the more they have calcium the stronger and thicker the shell gets ^.^ they Can fix cracks but not holes

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 04:38:01 )

...α˜›βΜ€α•α·
LilMissKushy:
@star2000shadow: it's ok not many people are xD

I am content to look at pictures and go 'aww that's cute' as long as i do not have to touch haha. <:3( )~~

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 12:18:00 )
@star2000shadow: I'm the same with spiders XD

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 12:20:43 )
@ava: yeah Snails are quite social once they get used to u.. at first they're very shy it's cute when they stay in their shells and just stretch their eye stalks out to have a peek XD I have 2 big adults but they're too big for him to live with he has to be atleast half Their size before they can be in the same tank .. so he will be living with the other 2 babies when they get a bit bigger .. I let them all eat together though

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 16:26:03 )

...α˜›βΜ€α•α·
LilMissKushy:
@star2000shadow: I'm the same with spiders XD

'shudder' i can handle horror movie spiders to some extent, when they don't LOOK like normal spiders, but..'shudder' real life spiders give me the heebee jeebees. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.