Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Do you have any tattoos?

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/27 20:33:57 )
There's something foul about the air here...

None yet, but I really want to get a sleeve with a big serpent winding all the way up my arm and some smaller things poking out from behind like my late dog and other things I haven't decided all on yet

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/27 22:20:16 )

@Edelaen: Those all sound like really cool tattoos!
I would love to get some myself, but do not have any yet.
I would love some dragon ones, possibly an homage to Pokemon and Harry Potter Slytherin house as well because those are my top most interests. ^_^

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/28 13:40:20 )

@count trashula: Oh, no worries! It is still part of you, it's nothing to be ashamed of. It's a part of you that explains your past self, your emotions and expressions. Good luck with getting new ones! 8D

@reanna: That's a good point. It's difficult to find a nice artist, but you should focus on that first. Your tattoo master will help you with style and sketches that could look good on you.

@grost: Oh goodness, that's a fantastic idea! It could look amazing even if it's black and white or colored version. Both could work.

@dragoness129: Thank you!
OMG I like Harry Potter tattoos. They look fantastic on body and feel magical. Dragons are cool too, especially if they carry some kind of theme.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 10:43:53 )

@Edelaen: I have this tattoed, except it's plain black ink on my skin:

It's on my arm, above my elbow. It means 'love makes the world go round', and it's a symbology that's associated with the K-pop group WJSN (Cosmic Girls).

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 13:15:46 )

@whimsy: That's really cute! 8D I love simple tattoos like this, they have their own aesthetic.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/3 05:23:06 )

@Edelaen: Yes, I love how cute and simple it is; I knew if I ever went for a tattoo it would be something minimalistic with a kawaii vibe. This was perfect for me at the time.

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/3 05:57:23 )
@Edelaen: OH! I currently only have one tattoo, it's on my left inner wrist and it's just a warning for my penicillin allergy lol (in case I'm in an accident, a little extra insurance that they'll see it and go "Oh hey we shouldn't give them this." It's BRIGHT red so they'll definitely notice when they take my pulse.

Buuuut, I have hmmm, three planned right now. I want to get a semi-realistic muscle and bone tattoo on my right forearm, a set of [fake] runes wrapping around my calf with the words "The walker chooses the path", and a phoenix across my chest. They're all quotes from books or poems that are important to me. The first is for Dune by Frank Herbert, because of the phrase "Fear Is The Mindkiller", the second is from the Abhorsen series by Garth Nix, where the question is asked "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?" (the runes will be runes from the book series), and the third is for the poem Fire and Ice by Robert Frost, for the line "I hold with those that favor fire."

I struggle, a lot, with being brave and confident in myself, and those three quotes have been the things that I have kind of worked to rebuild myself around. A reminder that allowing fear to rule me is the path to living a dull life full of regrets, a reminder that I am the one who chooses what path my life takes, and a reminder that my world will end at some point, and better to have lived a passionate life full of the things I care for. The phoenix has a double meaning as well, as I plan to get it after I get top surgery. And what better to symbolize me getting to live the life I was meant for than a creature of rebirth!
Please ping me! Responses may be slow~ I often don't have internet or cell coverage

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/3 11:28:55 )

@klawaw: I LOVE your thoughts and ideas. Tattoos and quotes from books are marvelous to do, and if they have such a powerful meaning about your own life development and life cycle of rebirth, I may congratulate you. That is my position too, and I share it with you. You are absolutely on the right path. Go on and good luck!

Donator — ghost Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/6 12:54:05 )

Those sound really nice! I have 3 as well.

First one is just an ampersand on my wrist.
Second is the kingdom hearts logo, the blue heart with the yellow crown.
Third is a tribute to my Grandma. 1925-2018. There's a sunflower, the year she was born is at the root and the year she passed on top. With a blue butterfly - those were here favorite thing.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/6 14:35:48 )
@Klawaw: I absolutely LOVE your thoughts and ideas for these tattoos - they really are great! <3

I want to plan my next tattoo and should probably spend some more time thinking about it. Right now, I know that I'd like it to work with my existing ink on my arm and shoulder, but I just have soooo many ideas right now - none of them have really "hit home" yet as the absolute right thing to add or to do...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/6 23:07:46 )
i do!

i joke that i have three and a half.

in order:
"gentle" in script on my left inner elbow. this is my "half"-- i'm supposed to have "stay" on the right ("stay gentle") but just...... never remembered to make a second appointment! i got it in dec 2015 and still keep meaning to make a second appointment.

a dog in a party hat with a balloon tied to his tail! from a poem about good things in life and why they're reasons to stick around. may 2016 i think?

the ASL sign for i love you (like ImI/) in my friend's handwriting. he signs letters / notes in books with it and it reminds me that i am loved and to love others. dec 2018 i think?

a heart-shaped love potion that says "bottled up" -- a valentines flash. definitely not my favorite / I do not support the artist anymore-- have lightly been thinking of getting it covered, but the tattoo is covered 90% of the time so i don't think about it much / am not that concerned about it. it was a cool idea at the time but wasn't really what i wanted and was pretty impulsive. feb 2019.

I have a ton of others I'd like to get, including floral half-sleeves!
kody / 23 / they

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.