Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 17:55:17 )

@ofuro: I saw they had the 2nd Gintama live action movie. I would like to see that. I have the first one, and it's good.
I was looking for the Nana live action movies, I didn't see them, but I have already seen those.
They also had all of the old One Piece movies, which we never got in the US.

Also in the US we have the 4 newest Detective Conan (Case Closed) movies! I didn't know that.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 19:40:03 )

Oh, hello! Welcome to Voltra! 8D
I hope you'll like this place.
Dappervolk is nice too, btw. <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 21:26:36 )
@Toby:
@sunny:
@Edelaen:
Thank you all so much!! dappervolk is pretty cute and fun, activity is kind of slowing down now but I still like it :)

@Totalanimefan: Ooh, sounds like some good choices! That's cool to hear. I hope you get to watch something you enjoy!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 21:33:56 )

@ofuro: I tried Dappervolk, but it was too confusing for me. It's a shame that activity is lagging :(

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 21:39:27 )
@sunny: I'm sorry to hear! the quests can get pretty grindy and confusing at times, it really is a shame :( If you ever feel like trying again, there's plenty of people who'd be willing to help out, including me :)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 21:44:15 )

@ofuro: thanks, I appreciate that :) I think my main problem was I can only really focus on one avatar site at a time. So I decided to stick with Voltra :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 22:36:44 )

@ofuro: I don't know if you know any of those series XD They are all anime/manga that have live action movies.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 05:01:21 )
@sunny: That's understandable! Whatever is most comfortable for you is best ^^

@Totalanimefan: I know them all! I don't watch many live-action movies, though.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/25 06:47:12 )

@ofuro: oh yay I didn’t know if I was speaking another language to you lol
I don’t watch many live action movies either but it was cool to watch the trailers and see an actor playing my favorite characters. The live action Gintama movies are actually very funny.
Do you have any anime or manga favorites? Anything that you are watching currently?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 00:34:38 )
@Totalanimefan: That sounds good! I like the Gintama anime, so maybe I'll give the movie a try too.

I just finished a quarantine rewatch of Naruto lately, lol. It's really hard to choose, but as for all-time favorites, I'd probably have to say Jojo's Bizarre Adventure or the original Pretty Cure. I also watched Silver Spoon and Chihayafuru recently! They were both very good and I enjoyed them a lot ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 00:52:12 )

@ofuro: On the American iTunes Store I think I bought it for like $7. So worth it lol. I'm sure you could also find it online somewhere too.
Those are all good! Not a lot of people have watched Chihayafuru, but it's really good. I guess it's hard to get a sports anime about Karuta to get popular. There is also a Case Closed movie about Karuta that is good. I don't know if you know about that series. It was on TV in the US on Adult Swim in the 2000's

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 00:56:09 )
It was so thrilling, I love sports anime! It made me want to play karuta, even though my memory is very bad... x_x

I know Conan, but I haven't watched it in a long time!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 02:31:11 )

@ofuro: It made me want to play Karuta too! Watched that anime when I was first learning Japanese and I kind of understood the rules but I was like my Japanese is not good enough for that lol
Then in class we played a kids version, which isn't the poems, it's just Japanese sayings and those sayings are written on the cards. It's to help kids learn how to read. My now husband and I aced it and the teacher was like, you don't have to go after the cards so aggressively but that was the only way we knew how to do it lol

Did you watch it when it was on TV and then drop it? The story is amazing and the latest movies are all pretty good. I'm almost up to date with the Manga and I'm up to date with the anime.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/27 00:14:42 )
@Totalanimefan: That sounds so fun to be able to play with a group! Play to win is the only way to play LOL
I have the version with the pictures ^^ I was thinking to play with my mom, but then there would be nobody to read xD maybe I'll get a recording sometime.

I watched it on streaming service when the third season came out! I have not read the manga yet, but I might if I get too impatient waiting for season 4 lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/27 00:22:46 )

@ofuro: Oh yeah you would have to find a recording or get a new person. Are the cards in Japanese? Where did you find them?
is there going to be a season 4 of the anime? I know it's popular but I feel like hardly any anime get a season 4 now.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/27 00:31:58 )
@Totalanimefan: They are, they're from Japan, but I'm not sure when or where they were bought, I'm sorry ^^;

I don't know either, but I'm really hoping! May just have to end up reading to finish the story anyway lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/27 04:01:18 )

@ofuro: that’s awesome. Since they are from Japan that means they are in Japanese right? Can anyone in your family read Japanese?
Maybe it will get a 4th season in a few years.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/27 04:36:25 )
@Ava: Thank you!! I've been having fun so far :)

@Totalanimefan: Yep, they are! My family can read Japanese as we are Japanese lol
The wait is always agonizing x_x but it's fun to catch up on other series in the meantime.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/27 05:21:04 )

@ofuro: oh cool. I can read it too! But I’m White haha
It’s so hard. Because you should just read it.

By the way I don’t think I said this but I like your username ^^ I know what it means in Japanese and I think it’s cute.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/27 05:33:33 )
@totalanimefan: Very awesome! Knowing languages is always helpful!
Maybe I will read it after all hmm, the next time I get a break I'll try to look for it :)
Oh, thank you!! It's just a silly name I use when I can't come up with anything else, lol. I really don't take that many baths as opposed to showers but it's good to relax every now and then.
I like your username too, I think it's cute as well ^^

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.