Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Ꮚ≗ꈊ≗Ꮚ ten.eleven

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 14:07:29 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

time to make more friends .. ?? lol ... idk yeah i feel like i haven't seen ur usual crew around much lately u_u
i just got discord so i could start going to the voltra community discussions :0 but it doesn't seem so active so i don't really check it that often ... i guess other ppl who use discord more probably leave it open and chat on it more regularly though ?

ohhh yeah like everyone keeps having to do it from scratch every time?!?!? that would drive me up a wall lol ... once place i taught at would have multiple cohorts in multiple locations and every set of instructors would have to come up w a bunch of stuff from scratch each time ??? i was like why ........ why reinvent the wheel so many times ... in multiple locations , multiple times a year, every year ... oof lol . and it kind of discourages you from really investing in it cuz it's just like well it's only gonna get used this one time and then never again??

woah :0 can i ask what you applied for? would the school(s) you applied to be in korea also or elsewhere?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 14:11:21 )

haha np! i don't mind , i think it's more fun for me to hear abt how other ppl are doing over talking abt myself usually tbh :0
i ... uhh actually also left the states for ~2 months lol ... it was cold and dark in ny but it's summer here and so nice! i was kind of hesitate/nervous at first and was like is it dumb ?? but i'm so glad i did it... it's only been a few days and it's been super worth it so far already!

i guess u can always find ways to justify stuff you do or wanna do ... but i guess part of my justification was that covid is way worse in the states than it is here and maybe it's better for the us to have fewer ppl in it ? >_> and it would have been really miserable to stay thru winter in ny in quarantine ...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 14:26:04 )
yeah I'll have to be active during events. seems the most "neutral" time to talk to people if that makes sense haha. solstice chatting here I come
I never know what time the Voltra things are happening haha. I only use discord for announcement notifications basically for all the servers I'm in haha. and I guess cat pics in the friend server

I guess they never uploaded them??? they just lost the files? I don't know. it's for a quiz system for the kids after they read the books. omg lol at my last last last job, every teacher had to make lessons over and over for books that they keep using as well. just busy work!! so inefficient. like time would be better spent updating old lessons that work and making them better

I applied for a master's in biology. they're in Sweden. lol funny story. someone I watch/follow on YouTube did her master's at a school in Sweden (although hers was online) and I looked up the process and it's so streamlined/simple to apply to Swedish universities so I just was like okay whatever let's do it

e

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 14:29:28 )
oooo nice. getting out of the US. I mean yeah travel is risky but oh well. they let you go so >o>

do you have to do the 2 week quarantine after traveling?

e

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 16:31:31 )
my secret santa is
someone from voltra, shhh

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 17:17:15 )
I never would have guessed!!!

e

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 22:11:58 )

aww event chatting is super fun! idk if i'll have time to be around too much next event tho but i should be around for some of it at least!
ooh what servers are you in?

omg rip ... yeah that sounds frustrating!! like it's just work ppl are redoing for no good real reason T_T
when's the school year in korea .. ? :0

omg that's so cool i didn't know that !! :0 what was the process like ??
biology is super cool omg ... are you interested in it from the human body side or like the ecology/nature side ? i've never been to sweden before either woah!! would the program be in english?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 22:12:12 )

mdom omg me too :0 what if we have the same person ???

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 04:41:05 )
oh no too busy for event chatting?
haha mostly servers for sites xD Flightrising /Ice flight, Dappervolk, Furvilla, Voltra
also animal crossing pocket camp and Harry Potter wizards unite (although I'm not playing either of those games now haha)
masa's server and one youtuber's fan server
oh also open animation https://www.openanimation.org/ but I haven't read any of it since joining |D

the korean school year is march to dec I thinkkk

it's all on universityadmissions.se and you just select the schools you want to send your application to. upload all the documents on there and whatever. I had to pay one application fee because I'm not from Europe haha. if I were it would all be free. tuition too I think? I don't remember exactly since it's not pertinent to me haaa

I guess more ecology/nature. I just like animal stuff and ecology is ok. yeah the program is in English. you have to prove your English level for the application haha which was fine for me since I did all my schooling in English. so I didn't need to take any English tests or anything

e

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 04:42:54 )
baby sun cake is too precious for the world

he always comes to the door when I'm going to work. I feel bad leaving him
and waits by the door when I come home from work

he's sitting on my lap now ;w;

e

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 20:45:39 )

awww we wuvs u
haha i'll have to make time to event chat for at least a little bit!! i'll be taking time off work next month too actually :3

oh so many servers :0 haha who's the youtuber?
open animation looks cool :0

wait so you're abt to go on break ?? do teachers get a break too or do u have to spend all that time prepping?

that would be super cool! i took an ecology class once in school that was like ... this old guy talking about animals and their interactions w the environment and it was all in the form of stories from his travels and it was so cool that was one of my favorite classes omg ... good luck w ur grad application i hope you get in! :-)
did you have to take like the gre or anything?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/12 04:48:20 )
sun cake follows me everywhere haha
he sits on the counter watching me cook too

ooo nice that you can take time off!

haha it's Jessica Kellgren-Fozard but I never chat in the server because it is FULL of rules. like I probably couldn't follow them
I should watch the open animation resources haha

nooooo academies don't go on break. xD summer/winter break actually tend to be busier times since the kids don't have school. but idk what will happen this year
if I worked at public school then I guess it would be break time, but nope |D

haha yeah it's a general biology program which is why I applied. idk what I'd want to specialize in, sooo general is good. I didn't have to take the gre. it was very simple to apply?? idk it was just like choose the schools you want to apply, upload your docs (passport, diploma, send transcript), and fill out any specific papers the school wants for the app and upload them too. seems too easy? xD

e

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 11:34:36 )

wah so cute!!! how cuddly are your cats?? :3 do they sit in ur lap ...

oohh i haven't heard of her before but she seems cool ^^
how do u usually use youtube ?? mostly vloggers or ?
i think most of my yt is music and sometimes animal videos lol

are academics like private schools ??

woah that sounds nice :0 i guess some places their goal is like... we Want ppl to ... be educated lol
when would u be hearing back?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 17:47:39 )
they aren't that cuddly but they sit with me sometimes haha. never if I pick them up and put them on my lap. they'll wander up though
sun cake typically comes and cuddles me in the morning when I wake up at least ;u;

haha she's pretty cool, but I'm not that into her content anymore. found her when YouTube was promoting her series about being deaf a couple years ago. that's when her channel really took off. I find that I tend to like smaller channels' videos more? so her recent stuff isn't really stuff I'm interested in.
I mostly watch Try Guys and Minecraft channels ahaha and the people who left buzzfeed like the ladylike girls. but I also like to watch lifestyle channels, just casual vlogs/travel are my favorite from the lifestyle channels

I think mid January so not for awhile

e

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/17 11:47:43 )

aw so sweet !! waking up to kitty cuddles sounds <333

ah i see , i think i binged some deaf yt at one point a few years back but it doesn't show up regularly in my recommended anymore ... it is cool to see how deaf subculture has evolved :0
it's been interesting for me to see how some vlogs are like very long? like 15-20 min, vs. other videos that aim to be short like 3 minute vids
what kind of travel ones?? is it location specific or is it like this vlogger is a serial traveler?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 13:26:19 )
sun cake is so funny in the morning. he'll just stay curled up next to me if I'm asleep, but as soon as he notices I'm awake, he'll start mewing and crawl up to sit on me

I don't watch any other deaf youtube. they were recommending molly burke to me for awhile but I never watched. since Jessica does a lot of lgbt stuff then I always get recommended that too. and a vintage clothing channel haha because she dresses in that style. at first i had no idea why this bernadette banner (sp?) channel kept being recommended to me so I finally hovered over it and it said it was popular with other Jessica views loll

I prefer videos that are over 15 min long tbh. I'm not here to click on new videos every 3-6 min hahaha.

I guess I just follow the people I am subscribed to wherever they go/location-specific to where they live. I was going to say I'm not subscribed to any travel dedicated channels, but then realized I was. I just never watch their videos |D guess I'm not interested in them oops
there were a couple people I followed who lived in paris. my favorite one quit youtube though ;o; and some others who were also europe centric have moved into different topics so it's a little ??? don't watch them that often anymore either haha

e

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 20:01:31 )

aww that's sweet! he's waiting for u to wake up to give u love

oohh longer videos (like vlogs etc) feel like such a different neighborhood of youtube :0 i think for me it fills a role that is like similar to watching tv?? like episode-length - which can feel more casual / feels more ok to give less attention while watching etc.

ah travel lifestyle is such a mindset haha ... i would love to spend some time in the future taking time off work and just traveling for a few months where all have you been so far and where else would you wanna go?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 09:08:40 )
haha he's a small needy boy

yeahhhh exactlyyyy. I basically watch them like tv haha and leave it up as I do other stuff. it's gotten into a bad habit kinda because I'll want to put something on before I do something, but then if I can't find anything it's a struggle to start stuff

I haven't been to that many places actually haha but I also would love to go to more places. I've just been to Japan, Hong Kong, korea, Thailand, Cambodia, Russia, and Taiwan

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 12:48:22 )

is sun cake the more affectionate one??

ohh i feel that ... i usually watch stuff when i eat or snack and i feel like i can't start eating until something is playing!

that sounds like a lot of places to me :0 how long were u at each place and how was your experience w each one?? has it all been solo travel?
i'd love to visit some of those places, especially southeast asia

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 06:08:22 )
he is and he isn't haha
moon pie always starts purring if I go to pet/cuddle him in his bed, but sun cake almost never does

sameee with eating. it's such a psychological block haha. just need to start doing things without things playing, or make a list of things to open up so there aren't any delays

I've lived in all the places aside from Japan and Hong Kong. Russia and Cambodia were only a few months. I lived in Thailand and Taiwan for a year each. In Russia and Cambodia I was with my boyfriend at the time, but otherwise just living in the places alone. Japan I visited mostly with my family haha for family vacations. Hong Kong was visits with my boyfriend at the time as well. It's been fun just living in different places but I don't really go out of my way to do things in each country haha

e
and after love and loss and all the tears that I cried, I find that here we are in the future

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.