Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 23:01:15 )

@xvz: oh I can imagine the itch. Do you have any tiger balm? That helps me with other insect bites.
Yeah they've never touched me. When I lived in Italy they had mosquito hour which was between 6-7pm and the mozzies basically swarmed. I used to go out walking then lmao they must just not like me XD

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 23:06:17 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@sunny: oh my gosh i love tiger balm haha and oof i usually always have it on me but somehow forgot to bring it w me, and i don't think i can get some where i am currently :<

oh woah mosquito hour lol ... oof , you must be lucky somehow!
how was living in italy for you?? were you there for long?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 00:09:41 )

@xvz: Aw that's a shame? Where are you that you can't get tiger balm? When will you be home?
I was there for 5 1/2 months - it was fun! It was very chilled and relaxed, I spent a lot of time in coffee shops writing. I rode a bike everywhere, which was awesome. And the weather was amazing, I actually got a tan for the first time in my life. I wore sun dresses everywhere! I loved it so much. I plan to go back there on a short holiday when the whole COVID thing is over :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 06:23:58 )

@eyry: I hope so too T-T does it snow a lot on Korea? Or should I say wheee you are in Korea.

@sunny: sucks that kept happening. I hope your next tablet is better. I don’t remember what I ate yesterday. Lol. I had been making food all week so this week I got a salad from a place I like and it was good. It was a harvest bowl from Sweetgreen.

@Liztress: yeah compared to other sites I feel like we don’t have as many ultra rare items. There are a few.
I totally agree with you too but as long as I get paid I guess it doesn’t matter. Lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 06:29:41 )

@xvz: my week was alright. Nothing to write home about. My husband and I have decided to really stay inside our apartment unless we need to go out like today we had to ship packages to my mom for Christmas and then I went to the store and got food.
Wow that’s awful about the mosquitoes!! Do you think you got them all?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 09:03:35 )
@Totalanimefan: oh no it doesn't snow in korea haha
barely snows at any rate

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 12:38:04 )

@sunny: i'll be here til the beginning of february! i wonder if it's possible i could find it if i really tried to look, but also i'm hesitant to be going out / doing stuff if i can avoid it too ...

oh that sounds lovely! where were you staying? did you have any favorite spots?

i'd love to visit some day ... one of my friends speculates that when covid is over that everyone is going to travel and that it'll get expensive and busy ... which makes sense but i'd still love to travel when i finally can lol

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 12:40:23 )

@totalanimefan: oohh what did you ship for your mom, like presents? what did you get everyone? :3
how is your work stuff going, did you start work again recently or anything?

i hope so!! i didn't get a bunch of bites last nite but who knows, i'm sure there are more out there so i hope they don't come inside haha
i ordered some lavender oil and hopefully that can help deter them ... ??

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 18:35:14 )

@eyry: I like that. I thought that it snowed in Seoul for some reason.

@xvz: We each made a small list of what we wanted and then got them for each other. I got my mom some skincare items and chocolates. My sister got her haircare products (since she is a hair dresser) and mascara. I asked for an iTunes gift card (for Pokemon Go) and I asked for a good shampoo and conditioner for my dry AF hair. My mom went crazy and bought us a bunch of gifts, so we donated to a food bank yesterday in her name. I also donated to some food banks as a gift for a family friend and for my aunt and uncle. My aunt and uncle are well off and they don't need any more stuff so they would rather see a donation anyway. I've been doing that for them for the last 5 years or so.

I was working a little bit last week but the agreement fell through. It wasn't really anyone's fault it's just the data was corrupted. So we couldn't work with it.
I hope they stop biting you soon. Does a blanket help at all?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 18:46:22 )

@totalanimefan: oh that's nice ^^ even if you know what you're expecting to get, it's still pretty fun to get a package!! :3
that's great to donate to food banks too, i think a lot of times ppl don't really need anything and it's mostly the thought that counts, so it helps for that to go towards someone who would need it
are you and your spouse exchanging gifts this year too?

are you eager to start working again?? or is it kind of either way is fine?

haha thanks - i was under a blanket but i guess they found a way under? i also got a few on my face lmao
i didn't get bitten yesterday though so i'm hoping they won't come back for a bit?? i think it also helps if i turn on the fan and the wind should keep them away a little?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 19:04:25 )

@Totalanimefan: my next tablet arrived today! I love it already. It's a bit smaller but that's fine.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 19:07:38 )

@xvz: I was staying in Reggio Emilia, which is about 2 hours from Milan. It was lovely, not too busy but not too remote. There were some nice cycling trails that I used to frequent. My favourite place was the Redipane cafe, but a few years after I left it got turned into a burger joint, which is a shame :(

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 19:41:43 )

Hi folks :3
Haven’t been around in a couple weeks. What’d I miss?

Donator — She/ Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 19:48:13 )

@Totalanimefan: In a way, it's probably good that there isn't a lot of ultra rare items.
Yeah, as long as you are compensated for your work at the end of the day, that is all that matters.

My Questing Corner

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 19:50:34 )

@sunny: ooh computer tablet or drawing tablet?

that's cool! how did you pick the place? what was your motivation for going, like how did u pick that place over somewhere else? :3
i looked up pictures and it seems gorgeous! :0 and probably more relaxing (both in general and also probably for biking around!) than some of the other more touristy places?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 19:51:25 )

hey vixen how have u been ^^
i've been around a lot less lately too but things are slowing down irl so might be around more (at least for the next few days at least) :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 20:01:57 )

Not terribly busy since i think most irl stuff is reaching the quieter weeks. I finished secret art exchange, so that’s good. Sent out holiday greetings to everyone. I might actually end up arting today because my aasimar’s birthday is tomorrow lol and I haven’t done a holiday themed thing with her yet

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 20:06:16 )

what do u mean by sending out holiday greetings :0 like u messaged ur friends ?
are you doing gifts irl or anything?

ooh none of my characters have birthdays, it didn't occur to me to give them one

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 20:06:51 )

i naturally always wanna ask ppl who they had for their art exchange but i also understand that not saying who is the whole point lol

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 20:08:52 )

Yeah like cards or digital notes etc.
We did gifts but via mail.

Her birthday is supposed to be mildly symbolic/prophetic for her character, but it’s just me trying to be clever and probably failing xD

please @ me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.