Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 22:25:00 )
If you were to go on a date with an s.o (whether you have one atm or not) what would you want to happen?

I ask because I got engaged in March or April, the exact day is a bit fuzzy. I've got Lupus and I'm dealing with "Lupus Fog", so I'm not able to think clearly or remember some stuff lately. Anyway, I got engaged to my fiancée, Janna but at the time she was on bed rest because she was pregnant with our son, Noel and had gone into premature labor. She needed to remain in bed to keep him from being born too early, so I couldn't take her out on a special date for it. Anyway, now that she's recovered from giving birth and we have a babysitter for sure, I want to take her out on a date. The thing is, I'm romantically challenged. I can't seem to manage being romantic and so, I've no idea what to do for this date. I am hoping that by asking, I could potentially get some ideas?
She's a simple gal, born in Mexico, likes spicy food (so she really enjoys Mexican, Indian, Thai etc), she likes to just spend time with people she loves and is the kind of person that doesn't need or want full attention (so a lot of our time we spend together is just us sitting together in bed doing our own thing but occasionally talking and cuddling and kissing).

I didn't know if I should put this here or in serious discussions because it's not really serious. If it should have been there though, I apologize.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 22:43:33 )
I would ask my s.o. to tell you the truth and be like REMIND ME WHAT YOU LIKE AGAIN?! WHAT DO YOU FIND ROMANTIC?! Because if you don't tell me, I will screw it up. XD

Because some people say flowers are romantic, others say leave them in the ground so they can be beautiful for much longer and come back next year. SO I'd ask, but that's probably the most unromantic of all? .-.

-very helpful-

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 22:53:55 )
Oh, okay, so you're looking for date advice? Give us more information about Janna, and your situation. Does the baby sitter have to be at your house, or is this the sort of situation where the kids could go elsewhere? What is your budget? Is she the sort who you think would like to go out, or is a staycation an option?
If she's stressed and dealing with lots of kids and people, maybe a good date option would be to get everyone out of the house, pay for a maid to do a deep clean or something during the day, and then do a big order out of her favorite foods and watch a movie in a quiet, clean house.
Alternatively, if you think she might be sick of being in the house all the time (my mom used to rant about this, so I dunno if this is a thing you deal with or it was my family specific lmao), and you think she'd want to get out for a while, dinner and a movie is always a good backup, or seeing a show in town if you have them and she likes that. Is she into the outdoors? Maybe a hike, or a picnic in the park. Take her to the mall and walk around eating ice cream, or is she a playful sort who would totally be down for something dorky like laser tag?

Like, my idea of a perfect date is yummy takeout, maybe a walk around the park (pokemon go~), and then video games together until bed, because I'm a homebody, lol
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Donator — buzzbuzz Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:22:18 )
Slytherclaw:
Oh, okay, so you're looking for date advice? Give us more information about Janna, and your situation. Does the baby sitter have to be at your house, or is this the sort of situation where the kids could go elsewhere? What is your budget? Is she the sort who you think would like to go out, or is a staycation an option?
If she's stressed and dealing with lots of kids and people, maybe a good date option would be to get everyone out of the house, pay for a maid to do a deep clean or something during the day, and then do a big order out of her favorite foods and watch a movie in a quiet, clean house.
Alternatively, if you think she might be sick of being in the house all the time (my mom used to rant about this, so I dunno if this is a thing you deal with or it was my family specific lmao), and you think she'd want to get out for a while, dinner and a movie is always a good backup, or seeing a show in town if you have them and she likes that. Is she into the outdoors? Maybe a hike, or a picnic in the park. Take her to the mall and walk around eating ice cream, or is she a playful sort who would totally be down for something dorky like laser tag?

Like, my idea of a perfect date is yummy takeout, maybe a walk around the park (pokemon go~), and then video games together until bed, because I'm a homebody, lol

100% what she just said !

esp. for the two types of feelings she might have i like that she added if she's stressed the maid for the day part is a perfect gift c: idk how expensive it is, but if it is pretty costly, you could always phone one of her friends , or heck, even let her go out by herself and clean the house up for her and have the kids chip in if anything ! Sometimes little things with women go a long way haha

I myself, for a perfect date would totally be okay with a small meal, maybe a new place neither of you two have gone before, but of course check it out first, look up what it has and such, the prices, and all that! Then maybe drive her out and if she likes surprises don't tell her what you're doing cause i'd die that's so cute ugh
I personally love trying new things, new restaurants, new fun activities!
I see you're into art, maybe try a paint night thing , i know it's getting popular where I am idk if it is where you are xD they have all the supplies and such for it and you just paint!
suuuuuuuper relaxing and even if she didn't like painting, it's fun to goof around, and i think its really fun and not boring c: sometimes you meet new friends and it's fun ! xD
i'd be down for that tbh, but i'd also like to come home at the end of the night and watch a nice movie and cuddle up and just enjoy the rest of the night with my SO c:

Donator — buzzbuzz Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 00:23:17 )
@Shamrock Shamus: poot
i dont know how forums work here and such but i wanted to make sure you saw this sorry if you didn't want pings xD

Twitch

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 01:07:12 )
@Shamrock Shamus: Its hard for us to give dating advice when we dont really know Janna xD BUT we will definitely try to help you out.

Lets see...Going to the movies and having dinner someplace. ^^ Its simple, gets you out of the house, keeps you around people but the focus is on you two.
|

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.