Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 20:27:29 )

@0v7: Oh no! What was bad about it? Was it too watery? The boba now good? Too sweet? Not sweet enough?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 20:29:16 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

@Totalanimefan: The tea itself was the problem - it was too... citrusy?? The boba was cooked a biiiit too long for my liking, but also, this is my first time making it lol. I'll be trying plain Lipton tea soonish, once my back stops hurting lol.

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 20:31:51 )

@0v7: Oh that doesn't really sound too good, unless it was paired with a green tea. Those flavors are good together for me. I bought boba pearls one time and made them myself and I really didn't like them at all. I think I also cooked them too long.
Also I'm sure you know this but if you are having tea over ice you have to double the amount of tea you use. Since adding ice is like adding extra water.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 20:34:29 )

@Totalanimefan: I tripled the tea 'cause what I was steeping it in was a weirdly sized cup - the tea itself was strong enough, but the tea itself... Blegh. I'd want a tea without citrusy/fruity notes since I bought black sugar tapioca pearls. I think they harden up a bit in the fridge, maybe it could undo the cooking too long if I let it sit for the right amount of time. Overall, it's neat being able to make my own! The nearest boba tea shop is in the city, an hour n a half away :'3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 20:36:25 )

@0v7: I would have tripled the tea amount too. No need to try and be cheap when making boba. XD
Where did you get the black sugar pearls? I couldn't find any when I looked but it was like 3 years ago. They could harden a little in the fridge. Maybe it's not a total loss. ^^;
4/10 boba tea is better than no boba tea lol

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 20:38:10 )

@Totalanimefan: I ordered mine from Amazon - they sent me two packs for some reason, when I only ordered one lol. One pack was about $8 which isn't bad, considering you can make at least 3?? 4?? cups with a pack. It was actually pretty good considering the last time I had boba tea was for my birthday 2 years ago >w>;

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 20:39:14 )

@0v7: I'll have to look on Amazon for it. Did the pearls have good reviews on Amazon?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 20:40:06 )

@Totalanimefan: Yep! I can link the ones I got if you want :0

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 20:40:37 )

@0v7: Yes please! Maybe I'll get some. ^^

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 20:43:04 )

@Totalanimefan: Here's the link! I apparently DID get a two pack, and forgot somehow LOL. These shipped pretty fast too, I think I got them about 5 days after ordering (I don't have Prime, so that's why I say it's "fast" lol)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 20:47:18 )

@0v7: Yay thanks for the link!
I have a feeling that I won't be leaving the house much this month or next month. My husband doesn't want to go through that again, and neither do I, but I feel like it's too dangerous to go out to eat (even if you are eating outside) and to walk around the city. I don't even feel that safe in Costco.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 20:50:11 )

@Totalanimefan: I relate to that super hard - my aunt tested positive for Covid-19 yesterday so I'm being extra cautious now D: We need to go to the supermarket to get more wrapping paper and stuff but I don't really want to go out anytime soon.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 20:52:06 )

@0v7: I saw that in another thread I think? I'm so sorry to hear that. Your stress levels must be through the roof. I know mine would be. How are you handling it?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 20:55:01 )

@Totalanimefan: I'm guessing one of my alters mentioned it lol. I'm Very stressed, and I'm handling it by... having my alters be here instead >w>;. I did disinfect every single surface in the house yesterday, plus even though my uncle tested negative none of my the people in that household can come over here - so that's some peace of mind at least. I'm hoping it stays in that house and not over here since I live with my grandpa (old) and my roommate (old, gets sick easily and doesn't recover well).

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 21:06:38 )

@0v7: Yeah of course. Your household should be completely cut off from the rest of your family for at least two weeks. I would say one month since it will take time for her to recover and then another two weeks to make sure that no one else got it from her. Is she doing ok? Does her case seem serious?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 21:09:46 )

@Totalanimefan: I have no idea how she's doing - she caught it recently from her substitute teaching job and I haven't seen her since she tested positive. My uncle hasn't gotten the hint that none of them can come over here - even if they test negative. He tried to walk in my house all willy nilly and I'm like dude?!?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 21:33:06 )

@0v7: What the heck! Did your grandpa say something? I hope he did.
You guys gotta change the locks or lock the doors if they don't have the keys lol

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 21:36:44 )

@Totalanimefan: He stopped him and I'm like o_o??? We usually keep the doors locked by my grandpa n roommate were smoking so the door was open and he tried to just. Walk in. like w...what..

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 21:38:54 )

@0v7: What the heck is wrong with him? Don't tell me they are the type to not believe in the virus?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 21:39:36 )

@Totalanimefan: Haha, about that... my uncle thinks it's an "invented virus by the Chinese"(?????????)

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.