Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I bought Clip Studio Paint Pro.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 04:48:02 )

@0v7: I'm not finding anything either, and I KNOW I managed to get them into there at one point.
Maybe a recent update screwd with that. > <

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 05:51:06 )

@0v7: I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT
Are you on Discord? I can send the file through there. I can't 100% guarantee that it'll work, but maybe?
If you want to try?

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 03:02:22 )
There's something foul about the air here...

@0v7:
I used Krita for a short amount of time - and by short I mean I just fiddled with it since one of my favourite artists uses it, but it drove me insane trying to use it with its backwards shortcuts and functions. I also tried the realistic watercolor brushes they added recently which I really liked but it didn't draw me in enough.
From what I can remember:

Right click color picks if you're using a brush or similar tool rather than bringing up the little tool panel
Alt brings up the color picker rather than ctrl
Transformation isn't it's own tool, it's just a function that has multiple modes. By default the scale/rotate transformation is ctrl+t
Ctrl+alt lets you drag out your brush size rather than holding down shift
Ctrl/shift+space lets you zoom in and out
Not entirely sure if Krita added normal clipping layers or are still only using groups, but you can activate clipping layers (they will only show what you paint on it in areas where the source layer is painted on) by clicking on the two ovals icon under the layer mode in the layers panel
Backspace erases everything on a layer rather than filling it with the current brush color, you can fill by pressing alt+delete or use the bucket icon in that top panel

A couple cool features I would recommend checking out:
- That top bar is called the command bar, and you can modify it by right clicking on it and going into the options. It lets you add different commands to a quick-access sort of thing so you don't have to search through a bunch of menus to find something you use a lot
- When you go into File > Preferences > Performance, in the undo section there's a feature called "undo intervals between actions", where you can change how long it would take between actions (brushstrokes, for example), so it will group together actions into a single undo so you can undo multiple actions at once and not have them all clog up your undo history

My tips are just try to fiddle around with things, mess around with how things are arranged, edit your keyboard shortcuts to whatever you'd like, download whatever you need from the Assets gallery (you can find that in the materials panel, it's very handy and automatically downloads and installs all the brushes/image materials/3d models/color sets/etc into your materials panel). I know maybe too much about the program so just ask and I'll probably know what you need, if not there's a whole forum for issues with the program

Edit: Also!!! I hand copied over more accurate gradients from the original Voltra photoshop gradients, since when the pixel guide first came out the there were no gradients for other programs. The psd file Vozzy provided, for some reason not all the info carries over correctly so they're kinda simplified and not accurate. I can make a quick guide on how to save all of them if you want, it's a bit tedious but worth it in the end, I can also make a download for my own gradients, which is in a .clip file rather than .psd.

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Donator — she, her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 16:51:08 )

That’s super neato!
It’s been so long since I’ve used a digital program. This one sounds promising.

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 17:02:17 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

@grost: I ended up changing most of the shortcuts to things that are like Krita's since I used Krita's for so long lol
Krita does have normal clipping now, I think? It's pretty useful, and I'm glad CSP's clipping system is similar :0

Is there a way to change the brush size cursor to something that isn't the default windows cursor? It's a bit disorienting because I keep going to resize my brush and think that I messed it up somehow >w>;

Also, is there something like Krita's.. popup tool select? Like, in Krita when you right click and your tools pop up so you can quickly select them?? :0

Also, someone got me the gradients for Voltra pixels - though it was something I had to stick in CSP's folder in documents, tho >w>;
I did figure out how to copy them manually, but also, I had missed a couple since the way I did it, it was one by one :'3

@Lithium: It's a really nice program :D I'm loving it so far, even if it's a learning curve compared to Krita >w>

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/3 04:34:20 )
There's something foul about the air here...

@0v7: In your preferences there's a tab for cursors, not sure if that's what you're talking about. As far as I know there isn't a popup panel like what Krita has, but in your keyboard shortcuts you can set different shortcuts to different brushes/tools, so I have specific brushes/tools set to a few keys so I can quickly switch to them when I need to rather than clicking. I also just have my sub tool panel floating in my work area so I can quickly click on whatever I want when I need to

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/3 16:33:57 )

I'm late to the thread, but I friggin love CSP! I use it religiously, so if you have any questions hmu <3
I've never used Krita so I'm not sure what features you're used to.

My primary tools on CSP are the Mapping Pen for my lineart, and I've been using the vector layers for that also (makes resizing and adjusting lines a bit smoother)
I also use the dense watercolor brush for some of my shading, smooth watercolor if I want something even more soft.
CSP spoils me with blending modes--there are so many, and they are beautiful. I use them a lot!
Airbrush is also amazing and I usually set up a custom eraser that has the airbrush effect, in case I need to smoothly adjust things.

but there's a lot more to play with to go even further <3

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/9 02:21:28 )
I wish i had some advice. apparently i have photoshop, which is great because i bought a tablet for myself for christmas. its already arrived but i cant use it because i need an extra connector cable. haha.

advice please on what to do with photoshop. last time i used something more complex than mspaint was jasc paint shop pro

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/9 03:09:56 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

@faerie: I think my first tip is to get used to the interface - I'm gonna guess you have Photoshop CC 2015 maybe?? unless there's a new one that I dunno about (haven't used it in years because no money lol). Here's a whole page from Adobe's site of PS tutorials! I used these in graphic design school to brush up on my knowledge at the beginning.

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.