Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2020 voltra birthday hangout!!!!! art freebies , come chat anytime :-)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:08:03 )

Yeah I know I don't have to do it all in one go, but I thought that I would do the events tonight and then NPCs sometime this weekend. There are a lot of NPCs. T_T

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:10:51 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

omg total that's so kind of u to put together an npc/lore guide :-0
it's true i tried to backread old events and holy cow there's so much text Lol
i remember koneko mentioning not reading all the walls of text from events and after i saw it i was like i ... i see why Lol
(i mean i appreciate all the effort that goes into the storytelling, it's just, a lot!)

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:12:15 )
Oooh, I've been curious to learn more about the NPCs and lore, but didn't feel like hunting for it all. That's so nice of you!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:12:35 )

also happy friday all! i've been kind of busy lately wheww lol
i think i'm going to put together an application this weekend for an artists residency :0

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:13:01 )

how's everyone's week / weekend ? ^^
(hey aisu!)

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:14:28 )
My week has been crazy busy (at work anyway) so my social meter has taken a nosedive lol. I'm feeling a bit better now though.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:16:30 )

ah yeah i feel u, when work is busy you don't always have the energy leftover and need to just rest n relax
are you working this weekend?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:18:20 )

Thank you both. It's still going to be walls of text probs. I'm not rewriting but just copy and pasting/linking people to the info and putting the events in order.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:18:41 )

I'm sure the staff will have a proper one up soon but mine will be good in the meantime.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:19:20 )
Exactly. And I just work Saturdays but have Sundays off. Good thing too because the NFL is back and I can enjoy football Sundays!!

And that's fine total! I don't mind the walls of text since I can treat them like chapters and just read at my own pace. <3
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:19:59 )

that's still definitely easier than going through each event and each event thread!! i'd definitely look thru it and would find it helpful if you put it together :0

i noticed a tldr/summary thing on one of the events, not sure if all the events have it though

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:21:47 )

Yeah not all events have a TL;DR. After every event the staff normally has a feedback form we can fill out. In the past a lot of people said that it was too wordy, or that there should be a summary since a lot of events have new things each day.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:22:09 )

i think it would be good bc it also takes some time pressure off of staff imo , like it'll be helpful in the meantime for sure !

ooh you'll get ur day off soon ^^
i'll be honest i know nothing about football hehe
florida's ... gaaaators ? :3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:22:17 )

Here is the work I have done so far on the guide. Clearly it's not even close to being done.
Here

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:25:00 )

woahhh ! looking good so far total :3 this is already v helpful
also omg i had no idea the blackout event was like , voltra going offline for so long woahhh :0
like it was Offline offline? you couldn't log in or anything ?? was it super different before / after? :0

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:27:44 )

yeah when i tried to backread events i gave up Lol it was too much!! again i appreciate all the story/writing that staff put in , it's just ... it's a lot to read lol and walls of text are not always the most accessible for everyone

koneko ty ! i'm not sure yet how i'll get it to work w working full time Lol but that's a problem for Future me!
i gotta put together a work sample and a cv this weekend though lol ... mleh
i might put it off til sunday haha

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:30:57 )

i think i can make it work but potentially i would consider taking time off work or using my vacation days even? idk we'll see
it's not worth it to worry about it now anyway , it's not like i've been accepted yet so i'll cross that bridge when i get there :3

Voltie — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:32:21 )
to be fair they werent all meant to be marathon read and be read day by day, but yes we have taken that feedback and its why events have considerably downed the amount of writing

bee playing with different ways to convey story to you guys (Im.. NOT doing daily comics ever again tho JUST SO YOU ALL KNOW KJDHJKDH ENJOY THIS-)

but yeah no ETA on the KB update sorry about it, ya boy's tired and busy so I just work on it slowly when I have downtime... got pretty good progress on it tho so HOPEFULLY it shouldnt take too much longer

but we are doing everything we can to summarize everything in the easiest to read and digest way
later.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:36:40 )

aww no worries ghost <333
super appreciate everything and all staff does, it's really sweet to see how much went into all the past events :"-)
the daily comics are Amazing i genuinely enjoy them so much!!!!
def take care of urself though!!! good to spend ur downtime , downtiming :3

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:39:07 )

@xvz: I'm glad you like it. I'm just going through and copy and pasting what I think is important, but I'm also trying to keep it TL;DR lol
Yeah Voltra was offline, you couldn't login or anything. I still think that to this day some older users don't know that Voltra is back XD

@ghost: But I love your comics -puppy dog eyes-
I understand that it's way more work than writing some text and comics are really just you, were as you could have other people write the stories.
Oh and you don't even have to apologize on the 'wait' for the backstory and lore. It's a lot. Plus there is keeping up with new items, new events, games page and I'm sure other stuff we don't know about. It's most deff not not important than you guys getting out new items or events (and I really want that games page lol). Please don't think that I'm doing this because I got mad or tired of waiting or anything like that. It's more like I wanted to help out the staff/Voltra.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.