Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2020 voltra birthday hangout!!!!! art freebies , come chat anytime :-)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 18:37:05 )

koneko do you have any plans for your bday?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 18:38:50 )

heheh yes ;3c
and I think for the most part it's nice here, but definitely this time of year I hate it and wish I was elsewhere ALDFKJ
like im jealous of total who yeeted out before the fires came hahaha

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 18:40:29 )

ahh yeah with everything going on, nature is def the best option rn! beach sounds like a good time, maybe you can bring home grains of sand like xvz did
what kind of beach activities do you enjoy?

AHH CAT CAFE? I wanna go to one... I mean I'd die of allergies but ALDFKJD CATS

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 18:49:33 )

bring me one too, I can increase my sand grain collection aslkfj

those are def the things I enjoy about the beach too haha
aww I feel like dogs really enjoy the beach, or at least it seems like they're always having fun when I see them
do you play fetch with them?? or do they like hanging in the water?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 18:57:31 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

lolol sometimes i set my desktop bgs to cloud pictures and i think it helps u pretend they are windows sometimes too !!

hmm biggest pro is that it pays well Lol tbqh and i'm v lucky my particular workplace is v cushy
cons ... v white male dominated ... lots of institutional racism/sexism which i guess is still true in most industries but i think fairly prominent in tech?
i've given it a lot of thought / do i wanna switch industries but i think ultimately i think it's worth it for me to stay , i do enjoy the work itself and there are some p special niche communities i've found and am grateful for! i also specifically work in machine learning and it's p intellectually interesting + lots of new/exciting things happening in the field currently and for the foreseeable future

also omg the fires qq scary ... hope you're staying safe !!

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 19:00:07 )

omg less than a year old ....... beach puppy circles

dogs at the beach is definitely one of life's joys lol
i think we'll probably still have nice beach weather for another month at least , i hope :-0
i'm glad it's starting to cool down though !! like it's starting to not be gross hot lol but like pleasant

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 19:01:15 )

awww im crying, he was still a baby that's cute tho...
maybe this time he will venture out into other beach activities besides circle-runs

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 19:04:59 )

omgg it's gonna be october in a month !!! spooky season is soon !! :3

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 19:26:56 )

ooh also are there any good beach games ...
i thought abt bringing a pack of cards when i went but i was worried they would blow away!! lol
it wasn't too windy though so i think if we positioned our stuff right it could have been ok :-0

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 19:27:59 )

ahh i hope i can do something spooky this year ^^
not sure how it'll play out since gatherings are so iffy , though maybe hopefully the situation will be better in oct and more ok to do stuff ... ?
wants to be optimistic ....

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 19:29:57 )
Good afternoon everyone. How's everyone's day been going?

My days been good. Got a really nice shelf from the thrift store earlier, was a great price too. Now I'm tidying up around the house and trying to figure out how I want to rearrange some furniture and I'm finding places for the things I've picked up from the thrift store the last few days. And I have to say everything is fitting in so nicely around the house.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 19:34:20 )
I freaking love this thrift store in town. Never went in there before this summer but I'll definitely be going more often. Going to slowly find stuff for my house overtime. What I've gotten from there so far is so nice.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 19:34:22 )

Already resting from my day. Was up early to walk the dog, give him food and water. Waited for my brother to wake up so he could use the bathroom before I started cleaning, but he didn't wake up until at least 1:30pm. I got tired of waiting for him and just cleaned the whole thing. Clothes and hair were covered in sweat by the time I was done. Cut my hair a bit and then mopped the water leaking from the balcony AC unit. Told mom to call our handyman or something who can figure out why it's leaking in the first place.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 19:35:49 )

my supervisor's desktop wallpaper is just solid gray color
every time I look at it Im like... doesnt this make you feel sad ALDFKJF

oof yeah a lot of STEM industries are unfortunately like that even if the company you work for is better about it, it's so embedded in the greater industry/field that it's inescapable

oh woow machine learning is so cool! haha a lot of cs stuff flies over my head but I think the concept is very neat and has lots of applications. sounds REALLY difficult tho

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 19:36:20 )

i love a good thrift find !! brings so much joy and excitement lol

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 19:37:08 )

There was just so much hair! Not even dirt or dust, just hair. Dx Brother needs to clean up after he shaves.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 19:38:04 )
Yes it is exciting when you find such great items. I love the shelf I got today. Finally have a place for some of my knick knacks that were still packed away in boxes.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 19:38:56 )

oh so many posts so quickly lol
i've never heard of this watermelon bat activity omg !! i have some watermelon left i'm gonna eat it this weekend :3 but not w batting it first haha

devilkin congrats on cleaning :0
how have u been cutting ur hair ? :0 is it hard for u to get the back?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 19:40:05 )

i have a shelf i need to put up too!! but i've been putting it off cuz
1) it means committing to putting a shelf up on the wall and i live in an apt so ... security deposit? lol
2) it takes ... physical and mental effort ... like what if it's lopsided or too low/high and i can't redo it lol

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 19:40:08 )

Been trimming the ends. Nothing too fancy. Back is trickier, so I just grab the hair that's longest and cut so it matches the length of the rest of it. I would prefer just shaving it all off, but I know doing that would lead to my mom having a heart attack.
Lucifer's Pet

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.