Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts honeyglazed ★

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 19:36:52 )

Yea. I want to do some big trips once all the restictions are able to be lifted but until then I don't really see the point.

I'm also worrying about the holidays in general this year. I don't really like having to go visit my family normally and I extra don't want to have to go with the pandemic still going on and I knoooow they're going to pressure me about it because they've been doing camping trips and everything already so they're not going to understand why I might not feel comfortable with coming home for the holidays atm.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 19:37:09 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

nice take that time off !! i think the weather will be really nice in september so i’m thinking of doing it then too

and oof i’m sorry to hear that, i hope you can find a better position by then!
i do feel quite fortunate to be in the position of being able to work remotely and get a paycheck despite everything
but burnout is so real and it does really weigh on u to be feeling unfulfilled doing something that takes up most of ur time :-/

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 19:39:55 )

oohh i see
yeah i feel u on like i don’t like seeing family normally either, it definitely feels like an obligation and i tbqh kind of dread it, i might use the pandemic as an excuse not to this year >_>;;

i feel a bit sad cuz this was finally gonna be the year i had my shit together enough to go traveling lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 19:41:34 )

Saaaaaame on having my shit together enough to go traveling this year! I've had a huge mental block around the planning and everything necessary to go places and I was really hoping to get to do more this year and push myself past it but noooope.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 19:47:19 )

haha i feel that! i was supposed to go on my first real like Vacation Trip w a friend back in march and it was right on the brink of stuff getting bad
it was good we canceled tho cuz shit really hit the fan during the time we would have been overseas

it does make me kind of sad that it will be quite some time before we can comfortably travel again :-(

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 19:49:28 )

i’ve been trying to focus on the silver lining, like at least i’m ... saving up more i guess? and will be able to pay off loans faster
andd i did back into more art and writing this year ...
and idk just embracing my hermit lifestyle lol
still salty and kind of burnt out from all the pandemic stuff ofc lol but i am grateful at least for the position i’m in

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 19:54:03 )

Yea I feel you on that too.
I'm able to wfh as well and I'm glad of that. I'm glad that I was given the opportunity to learn how to wfh before it became a mandated thing for everyone.

It's been good for my wallet too. I definitely don't spend as much as I would have before.

I don't get any extra time though, not really. Maybe about a day or two's worth over a month? Compared to how often I'd go do things on the weekends in the summer? lol. Especially because a good half of the things I'd leave the apartment to go do I'm able to do virtually now so it's still taking up the same amount of time pretty much.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 20:13:09 )

oohh what kinds of things do you usually do?

tbh i tend to skip virtual events, unless it’s specifically to hang out or chat w friends i feel like they don’t appeal to me as much
like i need the in person aspect to feel engaged, i think it feels too much like work lol

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 20:14:59 )

i think i def have more time cuz my commute used to be abt an hour each way
and i prefer working fewer more focused hours over a whole 8 hours but filled w goofing off
(i say as i simply work fewer hours filled with more goofing off)

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 20:17:10 )

despite saving 2 hrs of commute time each day i'm still like
    wasting it away
    lmfao
    AJDJHJGH i hate this

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 20:22:53 )

i think i read a lot of wfh people end up working more hours lol
i’m definitely working less but also i tend to reply to messages async (like i’ll get to it when i get to it / am checking and probably not right away) and i think people know to expect that from me and respect my work life boundaries

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 20:24:51 )

also i feel like ppl don’t really notice what hours you work too much? like i have no clue what my coworkers are doing and frankly don’t really care lol

like they could be working constantly or not at all and i probably wouldnt notice any difference at all as long as i get what i need from them eventually

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 20:30:40 )

I had a ten minute commute before going to wfh loooool I was so spoiled.

Mainly I had a bi-monthly planner meetup that I hosted that I now host virtually. A couple of other things to but to be honest they have changed/faded off some... if I'm getting any extra time off of them I'm just wasting it on here or dappervolk loool.

I definitely work less hours at home. |D It doesn't help that for whatever reason (and I swear I'm really not trying to brag) I'm way faster than most people at what I do? I'm usually at the same or better quality as well, but like way way faster. And working from home has gotten me more in the habit of... finishing off my work. Realizing that most people would have taken another hour. Take an hour for myself. It's terrible ethics probably buuuuut. I'd rather do that than have them pile more and more work on me. Especially right now while I'm dealing with this awful team.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 20:42:35 )

yeah i feel like i'm working more but less simultaneously
    @_@
    =_=

10 min commute wtf so lucky

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 20:43:08 )

tbf I moved into my current apartment after I had my current job so I picked it in part for the closeness to work.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 20:44:26 )

:"D i can't afford to move out yet but i don't really want to either hhfdjjbj

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 20:53:34 )

I probably wouldn't have moved at the time except I was able to find a place that came with a loft space while still being really affordable and so the loft space is my craft room now.

(and my office now that I'm wfh looool)

Creme and Sugar - A One Slot Bribe Shop

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 20:53:50 )
Good afternoon everyone. How's everyone's day going?

My days alright so far. Though I haven't done much today so far.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 20:55:00 )

YOU HAVE A LOFT SPACE?!??! AHHH i love lofts
    well ok technically my room has a loft too but that's where the bathroom/kitchenette area is boo

heyo kay
    i'm working (slowly) haha

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 21:16:56 )
I should rearrange some furniture in my room, I need to try and make room for another bookshelf eventually. And I'd like to try and make some kind of stand to put my house plants on.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.