Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Lock please

Voltie — Moody Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/24 18:08:00 )
@Paranoia: Ah I see.

@ishoji:Not much just enjoying some coffee and posting.
hbu?

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/24 18:11:25 )
@ishoji: I do have a similar problem but more due to the milk... Too much dairy makes me sick D:

So I drink more energy drinks but they never give me energy lol

Please @ me when you talk to me.
I'm a terrible person with memory like a sieve.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/24 22:39:39 )
@paranoia: awe are you lactose intolerant then? and ah then shouldnt drink it then?

Voltie — Moody Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 17:44:33 )
ugh i feel so gross.
this new pill is wrecking my body Dx

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 17:50:57 )
@fuuchan: Hey there, guys. I came by to do some posting for a little while. :3

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Voltie — Moody Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 18:16:01 )
@Kozi: Hey there!
How are you?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 18:38:37 )
Hi hi, I found your thread FuuChan XD I've been busy designing on VP but I need to post more here so I can get money and pages for all the cute items, hehe

Voltie — Moody Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 19:26:24 )
@Starbomb: Lol it's okay.
I was gonna enter the writing contest but i can't find a good ending.
so maybe not...

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 19:41:01 )
@FuuChan: I entered it only cause so few males entered that I knew just participating would win me the prize by default. :p I'm soooo bad at writing. I entered almost all the VP contests this month, even though I have no chance in the drawing, coloring or editing comps. I'm really only decent at designing and dress up contests lol.

Voltie — Moody Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 19:44:29 )
@Starbomb: i've never entered contests but i just know i won't win lol.
I am not that talented.
or skillful.

I am especially no good at writing short stories either.
if someone says 'write a short story.'
it would end up being about...5000 words.
that's at the very least.

but horror or spoopy stuff is not my forte.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 19:50:11 )
@FuuChan: Awww :( Me neither though, I'm bad at everything pretty much haha. After looking at all the other entries in the contests I kinda feel like just deleting my entries cause they look so terrible since I'm not artistic at all.

I've always been bad at writing. I love reading, but when I try to write I can never think of anything, plus I drift off topic a lot. And I don't read or watch horror genre stuff so I'm sure my story that I submitted is really lame and dumb lol.

Voltie — Moody Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 19:53:09 )
@Starbomb: Artistic just takes practice.
I've been drawing my entire life and I am nowhere good enough to how i wish i was.
though i totally feel you.
I've been hard at work on this art piece and I am so close to just scrapping it.
it's not for anything. It's just a personal project but still. it doesn't look how i want it to :c

My boyfriend always tells me "you're such a great writer."
but i really don't believe I am. I've seen way better writers and i just feel i am at the bottom of the list or maybe not even on the list
of decent or good writers lol.
only thing i am proud that i wrote is a fanfic. but even then i don't think it's good.
I also wrote my own story of my oc i've written arcs about. latest one i feel was..okay.
but not the best. endings...i suck at.
even just ending a single chapter.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 20:05:49 )
@FuuChan: I've been drawing off and on since 2003 and still suck, lol. I've only ever been good at photo-realism. My photo-realistic stuff from over 10 years ago is still 1000x better than my drawings today, haha. My brain just can't create art from my imagination, I can only replicate from photos. But they take so long to do and I've never tried to do that kind of stuff with Sai (I used to use PS7 but I don't have it anymore).Though from making so many designs on VP I think I'm finally figuring out how to use the tools in Sai, so I might start trying photo-realistic stuff again soon.

And I'm sure you are probably better than you think since we're all our own harshest critic and all. :D I don't enjoy writing so it makes sense I wouldn't be good at it I guess, lol.

Voltie — Moody Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 20:12:14 )
@Starbomb: my art is 100% better digitally than traditionally.
just figuring out what works for you is how it works.
I don't really think any program I am good at using.
I changed to paint tool sai because it has a better blur tool than in Medibang pro.
I was good at making pixel dolls for 8 years but now i feel i suck at them :c
like the outline is perfect. the shading..not so perfect.

Eh. maybe so.
I feel i am better at writing essays.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 20:22:47 )
@FuuChan: I used to do realism traditionally but I could only do it with my pencil + those paper blending stick things. My first roommate bought me a set of prismacolor colored pencils but I've only used them a few times because I'm bad at coloring even digitally, so I can forget about being competent with coloring traditionally, lol. And any type of paint..... noooope, I'm terrible with it.
I used to do pixel art but I've never been good at it. When I design I mostly use the airbrush on a low density and sometimes the water tool. I see people in the design chat talking about stuff like filters and I'm like... clueless when it comes to that kind of stuff, haha. I think I'm finally figuring out what works and what doesn't though. I'm not sure anyone but me will be wanting to wear the stuff I design anytime soon but that's okay, I design mainly for myself anyway hahaha. And I have no sense of fashion so yeah. :p

Voltie — Moody Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 20:31:48 )
@Starbomb: yeah coloring isn't my strong suit.
so far i am only good with female anatomy.
but i am trying to get better at coloring.

haha yeah. i don't know how most of them make such great things.
I am just like "How???" XD
i am trying to pick up tooling but ugh..i can't even color my digital drawings.
so once i learn to do that maybe then i'll pick up tooling.

I have such great fashion.
Just no talent to make it come to life on VP.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/25 20:52:06 )
@FuuChan: I'm no good with either anatomy, haha. Like with the pic I drew for the drawing comp, after I finished I noticed the neck was too long. >.> Can't even get that right lol.

Same, haha. Like I look at stuff people like Rat designed and I'm just like... I have no idea how to do things like that. Especially with the tiny brushes you must use, I find it impossible to get the realistic looking small details that some designers get practically perfect.

I just wear t-shirts, giant hoodies and black skinny jeans irl so most of my designs are casual type of clothing. I like fantasy style things but I'm bad with drawing stuff like horns and wings and such haha. And I wanna try and make more bgs but I've always been bad at those too.

Voltie — Moody Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/27 20:49:18 )
@Starbomb: I'm only good with female anatomy.
Though I draw girls like myself.
Petite. I don't like it. I wanna draw more body shapes since not everyone is the same body type.
But yet i keep falling back on the petite shape.
I also draw by mouse so it can be like x2 harder than it is on tablet.

Yeah but perhaps it just takes practice and using tools you are use to.
Not what they use. What I am learning in art the more I draw is don't do what others do.
Do what makes you comfortable. As well as use the brushes you think how other artists use.
you don't really have to be 100% accurate on it.

I am all about fashion. Though I don't have the wardrobe i want yet.
But my taste is kinda everywhere.
Like it's from grunge, to pastel goth, casual, everything basically.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/27 21:55:02 )
@FuuChan: Ahhh, I can't even use myself as reference for my own drawings cause I'm fat and have a really unfortunate body shape, so unless I want to start drawing girls shaped like 6-chinned potatoes I'm stuck trying to use photo-refs for poses and such when I can lol. I don't know how to draw different body shapes either but I guess if I start trying to draw more regularly then I'll get around to it. :p

I just wish I could make my style more like the art I enjoy by others. I don't like my own art style but I've been drawing pretty much the same way for over half my life so I'm not sure how to change it unless I make a conscious effort to try and draw things differently. But I don't think I have a good eye for art either so I'm not one who can just like, instinctively draw things in a cool stylistic way. If that makes sense, lol.

I love pastel goth but I don't have any pastel clothes irl. I used to wear goth and punk -ish sorta clothes in high school so I still have clothes like that, but I never heard of pastel goth until after I didn't have a job/money anymore, haha. Otherwise I'm sure I would have bought some clothes like that because there are definitely a lot I want. I just have way too many t-shirts in my closet for the most part. And most I never wear because I don't go anywhere anymore so buying new clothes nowadays kinda feels like a waste. Except for concert t's, since those are fun to collect and support the bands I like.

Voltie — Moody Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/7 04:03:58 )
where did all my coffee addicts go?

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.